Sun, Sep 22, 2:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Vicky 2, Lightwave, and Sasquatch

wulfie66 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 6:36 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:48 AM

file_275697.jpg

Hey all, I just recently bought vicky 2 from Daz3d and I'm running into a MAJOR problem using her effectively in Lightwave, especially with Sasquatch. I took a look at her UV map and talk about a jumbled mess, things overlapping left and right! What I would like to do is use Sasquatch on the new Vicky 'cat' character, she has some incredible leopard and tiger textures which I want to incorporate into Sasquatch for coloring, but with the jumbled up UV map, it keeps crashing sasquatch. :( Anyone got any ideas as to how I could remedy this situation? as you can see by the uv map, it's VERY messed up! :(

sturkwurk ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 6:43 AM

Why not use the templates provided by Daz for Vicki... she actually has two maps: head and body, that's why you see them as overlapping. Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

wulfie66 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 6:50 AM

well, when I export as obj from poser, the uv map that shows up in lightwave is the one shown in my last post...although I don't know why...

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 7:16 AM

I don't know much about Lightwave, but it may be that you may have to send Vicky's head and the rest of Vicky to Lightwave as two separate objects.

movida ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 8:22 AM

I never looked until now, and yes I got the same UVmap. What I would do, is go under the mapping options in Lightwave and see if there's a way to manually assign a new map and try the standard ones. Don't know if you can do it, or if it would work I was just too happy to get her into LW and working!

movida ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 8:27 AM

Or, post in the LW forum and ask how, there are people there who really know how to use it s

Hiram ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 11:33 AM

I got the same thing when I opened Mike and Vicki in UVMapper. I was going to ask if there's some way to open just the head or body.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 12:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/tguilliano/Poser2LW/

The attached link will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about bringing Poser characters (including Vicki and Mike) into LightWave. Good luck! Denise

wulfie66 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 12:24 PM

it's not the actual bringing of poser figures into lightwave that have me befuddled...but the actual uv mapping of vicky and michael...which makes using certain surfacing tools, such as sasquatch, in lightwave almost impossible...

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 12:42 PM

Vicki uses two texture maps. The head and majority of facial features are on one map, and the body, inner mouth, tongue, and teeth are on the other. That is the reason that you see the overlapping of the parts when you open it up in UVMapper or in LightWave. Perhaps what you can do to work around the issue is to export the parts that are on map1 as one object, and the parts that are on map2 as another? I'm about to give this a try myself, just to see if I can figure out where the problem lies. Denise

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 12:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/tguilliano/Poser2LW/

OK I just went to the URL that I posted above (the Poser to LightWave site) and it DOES address the texture map issue a bit - it will tell you how to separate out the body parts that are on one map vs the other (it lists them all and shows an example). Denise

praxis22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 9:52 AM

The site is now lised as unavailable as of 16:53 MET later jb

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.