Fri, Sep 20, 12:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Our newest release is almost here....want to take a peek?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 5:17 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

Attached Link: http://www.sams3d.com

file_276289.jpg

Well, we couldn't wait any longer, below is few pictures of the our new release of models. Just wanted to show you all...they are all FULLY TEXTURED and come with the maps shown in the pictures, you can change the colors if you want, they are NOT POSEABLE that way they will be cheaper. There will be a fourth one that is not quite ready yet, we saved the harder one for last. Three are ready now, but the forth one won't be ready till next week. This is just a static prop. Hope you like them, also the decks that are in the pictures on not included, they are already on our site. Sharen PS: remember next week they will be released

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 5:18 AM

file_276290.jpg

number 2

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 5:20 AM

file_276291.jpg

number 3 PS: the fourth one is really nice and worth waiting for and the rooms, floors and ceilings are also textured.

thgeisel ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 6:11 AM

Hey Sharen, they look pretty nice!! The first one is my favorite!!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 7:17 AM

Thomas yes that is mine too, except I really like the fourth one that is coming. Ron, no you can not open any doors or windows, you can however make the roofs and floors and walls invisible in Poser to position your people and camera's, we made these static and in the future may make them poseable. We did this so that people could have homes that really are for background images and it would be alot cheaper than our other houses because it is only an object file that is also why we made the texture maps with higher resolution for the interior and exterior, and made it possible for others to recolor all material and even include the texture template so they can all make there own textures. If people want interior scenes that is why we made the Split Walls series so you can position characters easier, anyway, there are some really good split rooms here to at Renderosity so you can do the same, add different textures and off you go. Hope I answered your questions, regarding the saloon, you need to make the walls invisible place your camera, then turn them back on it will work fine. Sharen

virchual ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 8:02 AM

they look very impressive for free models

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 8:07 AM

virchual, they will not be free, sorry, these are our newest release of models for our home section. They will cost $7.95 each or all 4 homes for $28.00, includes all texture maps, which they all have 2 each at high resolution. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 8:08 AM

We will however have our usual freebie model ready this week on time for you all. Watch for the post on that. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 8:11 AM

and they are very impressive, we have put as much work and detail into these as all our others, just one thing, please remember they are static, non poseable, but like I said you can make groups invisible while you put things in the house if you want, set up your camera, then turn all back on. Walls are already textured and so is the floor. Sharen

Irish ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 9:09 AM

They all look excellent Sharen and Mike!! Great job and very reasonably priced. Bravo on another fine job!! :)

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 9:34 AM

Sharon, great as always! Still tying to empty my pocket book, aren't ya? LOL. Now, when will we see the old west Hotel Room, huh, huh, huh? grins. Looks like I'll be paying a visit to your site today after all. Thanks. BTW Ron, did he find Gideon's Bible? Robin

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 9:42 AM

Robin, these are not available until next week...k Sharen

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 9:56 AM

Phew, thought I'd have to give up my Pepsi money! Lol Robin

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 10:06 AM

LOL, no you may drink this week only....LOL

Mosca ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 10:14 AM

Wow! Finally somebody makes a mobile home! I might have to unboycott the marketplace for this, y'know...

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 10:24 AM

When you turn them off, (or make them invisible) via the heiarchy window, just go back to the heiarchy window and turn them back on....(or make them visible again) I mean the walls etc. Sharen

Huolong ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 10:45 AM

No double wide?

Gordon

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 10:56 AM

Looks really good!!! Do you have a nice Victorian Home for sale? Lots of porches!! There's a real one down the road Porches on 3 sides. I might have to break out Max..lol :o)

Hiram ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 11:32 AM

You'll get better Doc, as soon as you are able.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 11:53 AM

Ron, I use the term turn on and off because in AutoCAD we turn layers on and off, the same in Vue so I am use to that term, and if you want to place something exactly right on the floor you may not want the walls in the way of the camera. That is why you make them invisable for a breif time, place your camera, that way you don't have to go through the walls, place your lights etc. Then make things visable again with everything in it's place. I don't know about you, but I am always making things visable and non visable all the time when I work in Poser, and I place my objects that way, so they are exact. In Vue, and Byrce I turn things on and off all the time to, just easier for me. Maybe I am the only one that does this. Hope that has cleared up any confusion. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 12:26 PM

I love that album and I have it. The point is so when you render it you see what and where the camera is, no what I mean? Try to experiment with Lights and camera and you will see what I mean. Put the saloon in and make some things visible place some objects around, go to the heirachy and experiment with things that are visible and non, go to different camera angles and cameras etc.....just try you will see what I mean. Forget about using the standard poser stuff, this will open poser up for you much more. Sharen

virchual ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 12:27 PM

shouldn't this thread be in the "Product Showcase forum" ?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 12:33 PM

virchual, yes it should, but I just found out about it after I had posted it and wasn't sure whether or not to delete it. I just got done talking to Scott regarding it. Sorry to fill up the forum for this, from now on that is where they will be. Sharen

virchual ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 12:39 PM

OK cheers Sharen. I guess it will take a while before people realise that the Product Forum and Gallery are there. Well certainly the gallery if the recent postings are anything to go by :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 12:51 PM

I will have to go see, I didn't even have time to look there. Thanks though for updating me. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 3:04 PM

You know what Ron, I think Poser has exceptional features, I have read 2 really good books on Poser and how to use the software and the tutorials like yours and many others and it really has potential, I did have to study though, really stop and read what they were saying.

Kiera ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 3:10 PM

Yeah, learning Poser things doesn't happen by osmosis. It's best to pick ONE thing that really interests you and work with it. For example, I am still a Poser newbie in spite of having the program for a couple of years. I just pick something I am interested in and work on that, whether it is texturing or learning how to make MAT poses or whatever. There is no tutorial or manual anywhere that can hold your hand. You have to be willing to experiment and make mistakes. Sometimes the best learning experiences are happy accidents, something you learned through experimentation.

Kiera ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 4:32 PM

I assume nothing. I am just pointing out that over time people will get different results out of Poser. Some people are really gifted with postwork, others do fantastic pure poser renders, still others make great models for Poser.. some are lucky enough to be able to do everything. Some people have all the goodies and struggle, some people do fantastic work with Poser 3. It all comes down to the fact that some people learn differently than others. I learn best by example. If I see an effect I like, I try to duplicate it using my own knowledge base. More than anything else, working with 3D requires patience.

The big problem with any art is that it requires much more than just knowing how to accomplish something from a technical standpoint. The most outstanding 2D artist will surely struggle when she first begins with 3D, wondering why something so easy with a paintbrush should be so irritating with say, Bryce. Conversely, someone who knows everything about the technical side of a piece of software might feel lost in terms of composition, color, and lighting. These subjects aren't simple. The challenge is trying to learn it all; BOTH sides of it. So when I say that no tutorial can hold your hand, that is what I mean. Someone might make a lighting tutorial, for example, but it is up to the artist to determine when teh use of that particular technique is called for.

Anyway, longwinded, but hopefully makes sense.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 4:39 PM

kieraw, very well put, very well put. Couldn't add to that if I wanted too. Sharen

kodesign ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 9:15 PM

Nice Houses Sharen, Its give desires to be in a place like that! Good Luck!

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 1:45 PM

That stuff looks really really good Sharen! To Mosca: Don't worry man, they sell at their own site, SAMS 3D, and not in the Marketplace here.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.