Fri, Sep 20, 6:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Really really dumb question

queri ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 8:53 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Answer only if you're in a good mood-- otherwise, just walk on by. Just started working with scenes-- in this case, Marforno freebie, a patio. Ok, I'm doing fine sliding the girl to the pillar and suddenly, everything's moving at once. Like the whole patio. Was this because I was using the Posing camera or did I unknowingly lock em all together? I had figure 1 chosen. She's all dressed and coifed. Is there only one camera in which I can do this? I know I was able to move her around like shuffling cards with the main camera and I thought I was doing it with the posing camera but-- between the switching poses and stuff, there was a lot going on. Perhaps no one will want to tell me-- because who needs one more chick by a pillar picture in the gallery??? :) I know how stupid this question is.

markdotcom ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 9:10 PM

Here some dumb answers: =) Make sure you have the 4.03 patch for Poser. Solves even the most seemingly unrelated problems. Sounds like if "everything moves" you may be moving the camera, EVEN INDIRECTLY. If I'm not mistaken, the POSING CAMERA moves along WITH the subject, so if you move Posette A on the X axis, her POSING camera moves with her. Try using the MAIN or DOLLY camera. I prefer the DOLLY camera. If all else falls, you may want to export your Poser Person as an individual CR2 file (just save to the characters library) and import into a fresh scene with the patio. Hope this helps. Good luck. We could always use another picture in the gallery. Pay no mind to the nay-sayers...

brittmccary ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 9:11 PM

are you using the dials on the right? or do you move your camera/view with the controls on the left? Preferably use the dials. :) You've got much more control with them. Britt who hopes she understood the question

queri ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 9:28 PM

Ok. I used the dials because I've produced some strange corkscrews without them. The only reason I'm back in posing is because the dials make it possible. I hate the way the manual ignors them. Half the time I'm zoomed in so far I can't see the cameras to move them physically anyway. I do have the patch-- first thing I did when I loaded the program. It installed kinda wonky-- I'm still working out of all the files in Metacreations folder, but the techs said that was ok. I think. I honestly don't know if I was able to move her with the Posing camera angle on, obviously posing camera wasn't chosen at the time. Because I was using every camera that wouldn't roll away to try to get her over there. I know I used the Main and the Dolly. It's just at the end I was in the right angle-- outside the patio, and what a trial it was to get out there-- and that was the posing camera. I'm at the end of my patience tonight or I'd go back in there and see. But the idea of saving her as a Cr2 sounds very very good. It was wierd doing x trans and having her and all the pillars move too. Another thought, the dials were occasionally-- how do I put this-- acting up? Occasionally, bend and in and out did the same thing, and it didn't matter if I chose shin or thigh the same body part moved. Undos disappeared or were changed to redos. I think, this might have been a memory problem. I went right from the web to Poser. I know IE has this inability to let memory go. Perhaps, I should have rebooted.

markdotcom ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 9:58 PM

Darn it, I was hoping to nail it on the head. The dials are definitely the way to go, I just assume everyone uses them! =) Anyways, yeah, whenever my saved PZ3 files start acting up (which I rarely use anyways), I save all my characters into the character library and start over, so to speak.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 1:45 AM

You may have it on the face camera, when you rotate with it selected the whole screen pivots as well. Really handy if you are doing an animation and you want the camera to follow the character btu not so good when posing

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.