Mon, Sep 9, 7:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Darth_Logice: Gravity Notes

LoboUK ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 8:38 AM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 4:53 PM

Darth I was playing around with the gravity concept you came up with last night and it works pretty damn' well. A cube (named Gravity for simplicity sake) scaled up to 1000% and dropped to Y -1000 seems to work best. The conforming hair works very well with this - either the P4 standard or Allie's Transmapped Curls. Target "Hair3" with a Point At setting of 1 and each of the curls (Strand A....) with a setting of 0.1 This creates a very realistic effect as the head it turned/tilted. The Poser standard hair doesn't respond very well to a Point At setting of 1 :) It tends to zoom off of the head and disappear underground. However, a low setting of 0.05 or 0.1 is just enough to tilt the hair slightly as the head moves. The long braid also works very well if you target the very end with a setting of 0.25 I'm planning on trying this with some of the clothing tonight to see how well this responds - I suspect that dresses and skirts will work very well with this effect. Again, kudos to you for discovering this Paul

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 10:39 AM

You know...some might think that this is just a bunch of people playing around with a toy or just a bunch of artists "futzing" about...but when I see notes like this, and this level of free and open communication and exchange, it gives one the sense of what the internet is all about and what its potentials are. Can you imagine if our scientists got to really exchanging notes and observations like this? We'ld have cold fusion and hot lunches for everybody before you know it..... Scarab <-little tear in my eye....seriously

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 10:48 AM

Lobo, Thanks! That's good stuff there, but are you sure you need to scale up the cube so much? I think when you point at, it just automatically points at the dead center of the object, which would be the same in a cube. (Actually, brain waking up now... the 1000% cube's center would be a lot lower than a regular one.) Does scaling something up so large cut into Memory? If not than NBD. Anyway, off to try your discovery just as soon as I finish trolling the forums here :) -Darth_Logice Scarab -Now if only we could get props/clothes/hair in progress bounced around between multiple people here so that each person's strengths could be applied to new items. Wouldn't that be great?

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 11:04 AM

welllll.....I was hoping for a hot lunch...but sure! Scarab

LoboUK ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 1:39 PM

Darth I tried several sizes of cube (yes, waaaaay too much free time) and this scale (IMHO) seemed to give the best "attractiveness". If memory is a constraint, then the standard cube dropped to y-200 works pretty well too Paul

jje ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 2:29 PM

I've been following this discussion since last night with barely contained elation. Having not the time to try this outstanding discovery I can only ask... when are we gonna see any of these tests? deep down inside I hope that the suits at MC came into work today and said "they did what???!?!" jje

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 2:42 PM

The best way to see the effects, jje, is to try them. set it all up as lobo indicated and then move your model around. it only takes a couple of seconds to give it a try. IT's not much to render as a demonstration, because you can just go "Oh, they just rotated something" but it's easily jaw-dropping when you're experimenting with it yourself, so give it a shot! -Darth_LOgice

lmacken ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 6:07 PM

Darth of Darths: I think the expression is 'kul'(like way back in your throat). I just tried it. I bow down. (I can't find the origin of this thread, but that appears to be the case this hack is yours.) Scarab<-the self-descriptive: Your 'You know...' posting? Just as Internet started on the personal computer and is spreading to cellphones & etc; the General Public License ('Open Source') started in computer software as will spread into other areas. Imho, because it inoculates intellectual activity against commercial rapine. So it's happening all over. But, I agree the Poser community it off the graph. On topic, here's my qusstion: As soon as got Posette's hair pointed to Y-200 and saw the result, I put a 2nd box at Y200 and pointed her head at the, so w/ an Xrot her head stays upright. This get's close to what I can't figure out: I can Point at.. the camera with eyeballs, but if I do that with the head, counter-intuitivity ensues. A secondary target doesn't seem helpful. Any thoughts?

lmacken ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 6:12 PM

I proofed this twice! qusstion = question jje: i like the part about the suite coming in to work, because I work in the software industry and when you walk by suits ther're always saying (what you said) "they did what???!?!".

Foxhollow ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 6:12 PM

BTW, Scarab, that IS how the Internet got started..."scientists really exchanging notes and observations" Foxhollow

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 8:40 PM

Yeah, but that was government scientists...now everybody guards their findings like gold....remember the "I found HIV virus first fiasco...?" There is too much concern about recognition and much of it is fueled by lawyers saying, "dont say anything, never give anything away..sue the bastards (to my {the lawyer's} profit) if they offend you)....the above note that started this thread is one of the most ...I dunno...thankful and at the same time magnanamous things I have seen in a long time.......It makes me proud to be a human..... Scarab<-undergoing transformation to another level of conciousness...or maybe just sleep deprived...who knows?

Foxhollow ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2000 at 9:31 PM

Yeah, you are right...it's Attitude that's the trouble now...makes you feel pretty good to be in the company of the most generous people here!

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2000 at 12:16 AM

I'll see all of you in court ;) -Darth_Logice

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.