Fri, Sep 20, 10:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: "The Tailor" in the marketplace sounds almost too good to be true, is it?

Gazukull ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:54 PM

Phantoms Clothes clothes work fine. I think that how the OBJ is written is a HUGE part. I am going to try and use UV mapper on a Billy-T obj and see if the re written one will work.

Thorgrim ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:56 PM

file_281592.jpg

I tried Mikes shirt, the results needs work or maybe it was my selection morp targets, but this has the potential to be a real time saver even if you have to do some additional adjustments by hand. I didn't spend much time on this but I think I could make it work pretty good if I put in the time.

markdc ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:59 PM

I'm in the no MT category.

JDexter ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 10:05 PM

There has got to be something missing here. Some are getting MT and some aren't. My figures are showing up with the CR2 name, then NoName when expanded. I have tried all the figures and end up with the same thing. These include Mike, Mike2, Vicki, Vicki2, DorkP4, etc. I see you used MM Thor and he worked for you. I tried him too, but no luck either. Maybe we have a corrupted program or DLL file?

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 10:08 PM

No MT's showed for me either :( Running windows XP home edition

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

markdc ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 10:19 PM

Has anyone emailed twister? I don't want to write him if someone else has. I've been begging people to make clothes for Mike2's muscle morphs since he was released. If this works, I'll be very happy.

Gazukull ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 10:20 PM

file_281593.jpg

Look at the results on DNA's pants! /DROOL for the items that it will accept, this thing RULES.

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 10:29 PM

Markdc... I both emailed and sent a renderosity message to Codetwister with no reply. He may (like most of us) have a job or be on a different time zone. I DO wish he would answer us.... I REALLLLLYYY want to start playing around with this!

markdc ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 10:38 PM

True. Maybe he's out clubbing (it is Friday night)...He's going have a full inbox when he gets back.

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 10:40 PM

Just curious... but the people who AREN'T working... did you install Poser4 on the machine you are working on, or copy it over from an old install. I replaced my C: drive (boot drive) with a new drive and installed XP on it. I didn't have to re-install Poser, since it worked fine. But I'm wondering if Tailor uses a registry setting to point to poser files. Could that be it? I'd hate to have to re-install Poser since I have totally changed around most of the directories to suit my style and moved models from one directory to multiples (ie. all male models in one directory, all females in another, etc.). But I guess if that's what it takes... that's what it takes... Just hoping Codetwister reads his email soon and can shed some light on this......

JDexter ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 10:47 PM

Ookami, I just re-installed all my programs when I upgraded to XP, so it was not a copy over. I also copied the Tailor program to my old Win98 machine which never had poser installed and copied the cr2 files I was going to use and had the same results, no MT. I went through the entire registry and also searched for reference in any .ini file but nothing made any difference. I was thinking the same thing as you, maybe that it was not finding the obj. Well, I hate going to sleep without figuring it out (I hate losing to a program!) But hopefully we will hear something tomorrow. I am so wanting to use this program, it will be great!

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 10:51 PM

I hear yah JDexter... I REALLY wanted to play with this! sigh

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 10:51 PM

Gazukull, Did you have to do any tweaking to the DNA cargo pants once the morphs were transferred?

Jcleaver ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 10:52 PM

I also am not getting the MTs. I installed Poser on the configuration I am currently running. IE, Win XP Pro. This looks so promising, and yet so frustrating. Also, I am not getting the figures showing up no matter what model I use.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 11:08 PM

I am on a win2k professional machine with Pro Pack. It appears to be working fine for me. I will check out more stuff later. Marque

Gazukull ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 11:09 PM
  • Milamber42 load the CR2 in poser and put the corresponding morph dials to 1. So no, there was no tweaking at all.

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 11:23 PM

Thanks for the info Gazukull. I'm trying the demo with Jim B's Super Sheath Dress for Victoria right now. One thing the FormCreateMorphs dialog box could use is an "Create all morphs" checkbox.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 12:20 AM

Okay, might as well throw the results of my experiment with the demo into the sacrificial fire.

I downloaded and installed the demo, then loaded up Michael 2 and PhilC's boxer shorts. It didn't work. No morph targets. I played with it a while, then got an out-of-memory message. So I shut down and rebooted. Then it did work; morph targets galore. I don't know if rebooting after installation had anything to do with it, so don't ask. The end.

What threw me was the seeming absence of the full-body morph dials (but perhaps I didn't look hard enough). Tinkering manually with the individual pbm-morphs to get the same effect was a daunting task.

My system specs, in case anyone's interested:

Intel Pentium 3-800MHz
128MB PC100 SDRAM
Win98 First Edition
Poser 4 with Pro Pack

I don't think that the presence or absence of the Pro Pack will make much of a difference, because the Tailor utility is a standalone application. It doesn't work from within Poser. It only reads .cr2 files. So unless the Pro Pack makes some radical changes to a .cr2 (other than version number and animated material info), it shouldn't be a factor.

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 12:29 AM

file_281595.jpg

Attached is the results of my test with Jim Burton's Super Sheath Dress. Looks like I found my next product to purchase!

MadYuri ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 4:09 AM

I'm also in the 'no morphs' boat. :( Windows XP Home Poser 4 with Pro Pack (german version)

CodeTwister ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 4:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.codetwister.com

file_281596.jpg

Hi, sorry for the late of my reply. Yes! There is a different time zone problem, I live in Italy. To the problems now. As you know a model is composed by many files. The most important are the geometries (*.obj) of the meshes and the Cr2 files that describe how the geometries are used. The Tailor start the loading of a model with the Cr2 file, search any occurence of the geometrie files and load every obj file separatly. The geometries are linked to the Cr2 through line like: figureResFile:Runtime:Geometries:P4NudeWoman:P4NudeWom.obj or objFileGeom 0 0 Runtime:Geometries:hair:femaleHair106.obj

As you can see the files are indicated in mac file format and the root is not the real root of the path but the folder Runtime that, in the reality, is placed under the folder of the Poser installation.
The program must convert this pseudo path in the real path to find the files. To do this it searches in the registry information on where the poser is installed. If it failed in its research the files cannot be loaded because of the wrong path, so the program is unabled to show the mesh. Also... the morphs are linked to the obj through the specifications of the groups that must be the same in the Cr2 and in Obj... so no morphs are showed in the tree. The Tailor in its juvenile state lack to inform the user of this situation.

Morph and models are not showed
The cure:
In registry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
in folder Poser3File/DefaultIcon should be the string:
(Default) C:POSER4POSER.EXE,1
that inform the system where must get the icons of the Posers files
Edit the string and set the exact path. The string must finish with ",1" (comma number one). See the attached picture.
I think to do an automate procedure to do this, next week, to help everyone that not has feeling with the registry.

For other problems with Cr2
The Tailor is tested with all models and clothes in my possess and it works perfectly, but the data structure of the Cr2 files is a nightmare so it is possible that some models or clothes does not loaded correctly. Do not worry with your help I am disponible to improve the program to avoid this problems or individuate what kind of anomalies are present in your Cr2.
CodeTwister

ookami ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 4:59 AM

So we have to load Poser3 again to get the registry entry?

sergemarck ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 5:04 AM

Thanks, CodeTwister. It seems you have done a great work. I just bought Tailor and the registry modification solve my problems. Serge

CodeTwister ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 5:09 AM

Ooops...
it is Saturday, I have promise to my family a little trip this weekend. So please wait my other replyes until Monday.
My wife is already out of the door and she is calling me...
I whish you a good weekend
bye bye ciao
CodeTwister

PJF ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 5:10 AM

Important warning!!! Clumsy messing with the registry can seriously frell your operating system installation - to the extent that your computer won't even boot to Windows! If you wish to make manual adjustments to the registry, you owe it to yourself to learn a bit about what's involved. You should absolutely backup the registry before making manual changes, and be aware of how to restore in the event of a failure. The page at this link shows you how to backup: http://www.zdnet.com/products/stories/reviews/0,4161,2595270,00.html The page at this link gives a very brief overview of the registry: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/registry If you have any doubts about what you're doing, I strongly recommend you wait until CodeTwister releases his automated procedure next week.

ookami ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 5:16 AM

Ok... I manually created the Key in my registry (god help me!) and it seems to be working.... I see models and morphs now! Thanks!

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 5:57 AM

It didn't work for me, at first. To help any others out there, if you insist on entering the key manually, don't put the quotes in. At least, that's what worked for me. However, if you are at all unsure of what you are doing, wait until the automatic update is there. Hopefully, Codetwister will have a way of determining where the Poser.exe file is, as it could well be different for you than it is for me. One way might be to have The Tailor program look at the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTpz3fileDefaultIcon entry in the registry, as it is the same as the entry that I put in. Although it uses .cr2 files and not .pz3 files, the path is the same. Just a suggestion.

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 7:15 AM

I think it's a good idea to fix this product so we don't need to go into the Registry. I'll stay tuned and see if this fix is done before I consider buying the product.

JDexter ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 7:27 AM

That did it. I had a ton of references to my actual Poser directory, but the Key he mentioned didn't exist. I added that key and I have every morph target now. Time to play!!!!!

dirk5027 ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 7:48 AM

I'm very interested in this, but if I can't save in the trial version, how am I gonna know if it worked or not?? I'm still fairly new, so don't mind me, if that's a silly question, keep us all informed

MadYuri ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 8:08 AM

Well I had this Key already, but it still dosen't work. It looks like I have to wait for the update. impatiently tapping foot on the floor ;)

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 8:17 AM

I was going to buy this, but got Voluptuous Vicky 2 and the Millennium Girls 200 pose set instead. Whoopie.

ronmolina ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 10:27 AM

I tested this product for about 8 hours for renderosity. Tested both on win98se and win2000pro machines. Tested in the Pro Pack and Poser4. All worked fine on P4 standard figures as will as mike and vicky. I do admit I did not see the morphs at first. That is because I did not read the manual or follow the wizard properly. Make sure you are picking "groups" in the tree not materials. After "groups" pick a body part with a morph then click the mt icon. This is an awesome program. The best thing to come to Poser in along time. As a tester I can not keep the product and will be purchasing it today. Ron

markdc ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 11:39 AM

Ron, were you able to see Mike 2's full body muscular morphs?

Gazukull ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 11:49 AM

First off, I am really happy how this works. I am assuming that perhaps support for Billy-T's items will come along, but since it works on everything else I own, WOO!. - Gazzy

namja1955 ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 12:08 PM

I looked in the registry, and discovered that for some reason the setting was for the path of older install of POSER (it was on f:program filesMetaCreationsPoser4). That was where I originally installed Poser. At some point I had reinstalled Poser to drive C:. Oncer I changed the registry entry to reflect the correct location, everything worked OK.

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 12:19 PM

I wonder why Tailor doesn't just ask where Poser is, if it can't find it?

MadYuri ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 12:22 PM

Ah, I got it running. The Key was under "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/pz3file/DefaultIcon". I added the Key also for "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Poser3File/DefaultIcon" and now I can see the morphs.
Time to play. :)

ronmolina ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 1:17 PM

markdc You cant see a full body morph only morphs for individual body parts. However what you do is go to each body part in the tree check that same morph name execute and it adds all the morphs to the corresponding clothing body parts. You can then save it as a whole cr2 or export the individual body part morphs as object and add each morph in poser. The first method saves alot of time. Hope this helps. Ron

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 2:08 PM

file_281597.jpg

Hey, worked for me! Would probablyt work even better if I read the instructions, too! ;-) I did have to do the regedit changes he suggested. This is Vickie 2 in her Vickie Essentials II Sheath, now with Breast Size 7. The fit isn't quite perfect, but pretty good, I think. Doing it by hand I could have probably preserved the fit of the keyhole a little better, but this is damn good, Breast Size 7 is a tough one. Highly recommended!

MadYuri ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 2:31 PM

...Breast Size 7 is a tough one. I can see that. ;)

ronmolina ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 3:21 PM

Hey Jim what are you recommeding breast size 7 or the program. LOL! I couldnt resist. Ron

scifiguy ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 4:44 PM

YIPPIE IT WORKS! I too found a key under "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/pz3file/DefaultIcon" that was pointing to an old installation (strange...I uninstalled before installing to a new drive...you'd think that wouldn't happen). I also had to manually add the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Poser3File/DefaultIcon" key...I had not "poser3file" key at all. I'm not sure why I would since I have poser 4. Maybe Poser3File was the key created by the Metacreations version and pz3file is the key created by the CL version?

Letterworks ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 5:36 PM

Well, I added the line in and the demo seemed to work. I tried using it on some home made clothes and it looked like the morphs tranfered. Of, course I couldn't save anyhting soooo, now it's time to buy the program and try it for real. mike

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 1:30 PM

Only slightly off topic, Vickie's breast morphs have quite a range, I normally do all SMV's with magnents, as I fit all her clothing with all her morphs (she doesn't have nearly as many as Vickie II). For my new Vickie II set I had to do them all in Max, quite a task, but I did (finally) decide I'd support some selected ones, 4, 5 and 6. Two smaller and 1 for the guys that really think they aren't big enough already. I'd NEVER turn breast size 7 dial, highly not-recommended! ;-)

ffabris ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 8:29 AM

OK, I have the same problem as many, no MTs showing. I added the registry key and now they show! Neat! I wish the program would sue the existing registry key, though: pz3file. Fab

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.