Sat, Sep 21, 11:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: *** WIN UVMAPPER PRO *** another contest

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 2:09 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

file_281943.jpg

Here ya go ...... one more chance to win!!! I told you it was gonna be a little bit harder. [*grins*] ;=] Here are the RULES: #1. You must email a complete list of correct answers to: geep@cybertrails.com #2. there are no other rules The first person to to email me with ALL the correct answers will WIN a FREE copy of UVMapper Pro! (this time it is compliments of Steve Cox) (not only is he talented, but generous, also. - thanks Steve) cheers, (and good luck to all) dr geep ;=] On your mark ..... get set ..... GO! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * UVMAPPER PRO CROSSWORD PUZZLE CONTEST #1 MARCH 3, 2002 - (C) DR GEEP **************************************************************** ACROSS 1. when it's all the same 2. at the end of #21 down 3. it's just this easy 4. a single voice in an opera 5. can't texture without this 6. some are good - some are bad 7. modify your figure 8. see it up close 9. not a ram 10. a warrior does this 11. to make a complete pic 12. if you don't cancel it 13. allows it to work 14. drop it where? 15. seen alot in threads 16. do this to a file before you exit 17. a ghost says this 18. it's not very odd 19. the new type of pilot light 20. it's not you 21. pretty sheepish 22. high ones are better for data transfers 23. your render looks better with this 24. part of an equation 25. file format for pictures 26. alcohol is served here 27. Latin is this kind of language 28. more is better for Poser 29. when transmaps show up 30. the back end of a ship 31. a good website to join 32. a logical term 33. used to make mt's 34. equals 3.1415... 35. one of the cameras 36. gave an apple to Eve 37. you use this program a lot 38. to annoy 39. I'm not really doing it 40. do this to naughty programs 41. two green lines 42. this can take many forms 43. take it one at a time **************************************************************** DOWN 1. a legal person 2. used to modify 3. usually has a pocket full of stuff 4. your monitor has only three 5. waiting for the grim one 6. one of the libraries 7. if you don't reset it 8. a wave or a magnet 9. Posette does this 10. trigonometry anyone? also, bad! 11. what's on it? 12. was always right 13. also called "six pack" 14. originally the backbone of Windows 15. not very wild 16. a logical operator 17. a often used verb 18. drivers don't want one of these 19. pretty tricky to adjust 20. the second person with the same name 21. a body part or weapon 22. a logical term 23. a complex object has a lot of these 24. do it to tools 25. free model of the week here 26. for the winner 27. to do this is human 28. never forgets 29. a pretty slippery character 30. usually paid once a month 31. a computer's interface 32. it falls on the good and the evil 33. what's your focal length 34. this can come out of chaos 35. some nuts use these 36. your hard drive probably has two 37. they make a scene more interesting 38. and the two (or more) shall become as one 39. make a good one of these with the right software 40. nice to have one of these in the hole 41. an international distress signal 42. this amounts to nothing 43. humans make this frequently 44. a picture file format 45. just dial it up 46. adds a little sparkle 47. round and round it goes 48. start at the beginning 49. blow your horn 50. just a thumbnail in the Poser library 51. a relative 52. the beauty lies within 53. used alot by R'osians 54. it goes up and down ****************************************************************

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

ScottA ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 3:00 PM

Thanks for doing this stuff Geep. What's with you and UVMAPPER PRO? Do you have some business dealings with Steve Cox? We might be interested in having UVPro as one of the prizes for a future contest here. ScottA

Virus ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 3:00 PM

Hello geep: I love the way you are motivating the Renderosity's community about get a free copy of UV Mapper pro, and I want to congratulate you because your Cool Ideas, why? because it is totally new and any community always needs fresh Ideas, thanks for your generousity and Please give my warmest thanks to Steve Cox this time:) I bought the program and it worth each cent I paid for it. On the other hand I will make a very respectfull small suggestion about future contests, please don't take me wrong, I'm just expressing another Idea. I love the puzzel but as may you can imagine there is a lot of people over this forums that we are not naturally english speaking persons, The puzzels are great and I'm not making a critique, but other people like me find this kind of puzzels more difficult to acomplish because our language barriers. I know that there is a lot of people who dominates very well the English, but some others as me barely can build a right sentence :), the previous contest was very good because there was not other barrier than self perception, I'm not telling that this one is not great as the previous you did, just that I found it more difficult for me :P. Please keep amazing us with your cool Ideas!!!. Best Regardings Benigno "Virus" Fernandez

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 3:17 PM

"Thanks for doing this stuff Geep."
You're quite welcome. It's my pleasure.

"What's with you and UVMAPPER PRO?"
It's an excellent program and I couldn't do any decent texturing on complex surfaces without it.

"Do you have some business dealings with Steve Cox?"
Yes, I have purchased several copies of UVMapper Pro from him. One for myself, and the others for prizes here at Rendereosity. Other than that, I don't have any business dealings with Steve Cox.

"We might be interested in having UVPro as one of the prizes for a future contest here."
Good idea!

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

P.S. I am not rich, but I am comfortable enough financially that I can afford to try and help out some budding Poser artists that may not have the cash to buy this excellent piece of software.

I enjoy putting stuff like this together and my reward is reading the interesting responses that are posted.
(including your's!) ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 3:25 PM

"On the other hand I will make a very respectfull small suggestion about future contests, please don't take me wrong, I'm just expressing another Idea."

Excellent suggestion!

I will try and come up with another contest that does not require good English language skills.

It will be some kind of picture puzzle.
Hmmmmm?????? ........ This is gonna be tough, hard, difficult, require some real thought, don't know if I can do it, gonna take a lot of work, etc., etc., etc. ...

"A (good) picture is worth 1K words!"
(in ANY language ....... no?)

Thanks for the feedback Virus.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 3:34 PM

lol This is hard!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 3:43 PM

Hi pokey, I hope so ...... The last two contests were too easy. Helpful hint .... {but ONLY if ya really get stuck ...) Let me know which one you are stuck on and I'll post a hint here in this thread. (to be fair to everyone) ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Strangechilde ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 4:36 PM

Way too hard for me. I've never been good at CW...

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 4:38 PM

It is very hard, wish my mother in law was still around, she was good at these things. Wish I hadn't missed the "easy" ones ~L~

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 4:48 PM

Tell ya what I'm gonna do folks.

I will post ONE correct answer HERE at various times to help you along.

I will only post the answers to the "across" words, ONE at a time.

So far, no winners, so everyone still has a chance.

Here is the first one.

Q 1. when it's all the same

The answer to #1 across is:

"U N I F O R M"

That's all you get for now.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 4:50 PM

Stay tuned ... There will be another contest! cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:02 PM

... it has five fingers. [at least, most people have this many] ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:03 PM

sci fi, they do match, there just not in order like a regular crossword puzzle :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:05 PM

Can you give me a specific example? ;=] I'll try to clarify.

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Mercy ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:05 PM

Are you still offering hints, like you said you would in your post to pokeydots? or is that cancelled out by the posting of hints to the across questions?

scifiguy ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:06 PM

Nevermind...I figured it out. I just had to hunt around to figure out where the right numbers actually were.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:09 PM

Ok, ok ............

The "across" words starts at the top and counts from left to right.

The "down" words start at the left and goes from top to bottom.

Ok? ;=]

BTW - It's MY crossword puzzle and I'll number it any old way I please, and if you don't like it .....
GEEP!!!
Oh, ok, .... I WAS gonna number it using hexadecimal ...
So, count yer blessings! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:14 PM

You can get apple, or cherry, or bluberry, or pumkin, or bannana creme, or ......... THAT'S ENUF, GEEP! Sheeesh, was only tryin' ta help .... slinks away ...........

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:22 PM

Yes, I will offer hints to ANY of the words ........ They might not be very good hints, but they will be hints non-the-less, and I will, also, try to .......! [oh, shut-up geep!] HEY!!! Who is this person who keeps interrupting my posts with these funny little messages in the "[]" thingys, huh? If I ever catch that guy .............

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Mercy ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:26 PM

23 DOWN.... it's driving me insane... and I need to fill it in to see if the rest of the words i've got around it are correct or not sighs

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:29 PM

The first and last letters are the same ... ... and, it's the letter grade you hoped you'd get on your school report card. - and - ... and the two middle letters are the abbreviation for the smallest state in New England.

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:36 PM

Well, I could give you a ***** list, but that would be telling. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:38 PM

Well so far I think I got 22 answered across :(

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

Mercy ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:42 PM

I've got 29 answerd across and 31 answered down but I dunno if they are all right cuz now I'm totally stuck :p

Papu ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:46 PM

Geep, more hints please ;o) Paula

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:48 PM

47 now, but they're probably wrong! lmao!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

scifiguy ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 7:17 PM

I believe I'm hopelessly stuck. :(

Papu ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 7:20 PM

me too.....

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 8:17 PM

Sure, geep, give hints for all the ones I already have! ;^P How about a bad clue for 45 down? Please?!

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 8:31 PM

#45 down ...... Telephones used to have these, now they have buttons. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 8:37 PM

I have received an email with ALL (except one) correct answers. The clock is ticking ..................

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 8:39 PM

;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 8:39 PM

zippers doesn't fit.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 8:41 PM

Telephones used to have .... zippers???????????? ;=] Now I'M confused. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 8:48 PM

I'm just being silly, donchaknow? I've only got about half the puzzle done, so I'm sure I'm out of the running. You are going to post the answers after you get a winner, aren't you?

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 8:59 PM

Yup ....... ... and we are only one parameter dial click away from having a winner! Tick tock ........ ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 9:08 PM

And the winner is ....

[drum roll, please ...]

Mercy

Congratulations!!!

I will contact you by email to tell you how to collect your prize.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

... a list of the correct answers to follow ...

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 9:10 PM

Correct answers to Crossword Puzzle #1 ************************************************** ACROSS 1. when it's all the same -- UNIFORM 2. at the end of #21 down -- HAND 3. it's just this easy -- PIE 4. a single voice in an opera -- ARIA 5. can't texture without this -- FACET 6. some are good - some are bad -- DRUGS 7. modify your figure -- MT 8. see it up close -- ZOOM 9. not a ram -- EWE 10. a warrior does this -- FIGHTS 11. to make a complete pic -- COMPOSE 12. if you don't cancel it -- ACCEPT 13. allows it to work -- ENABLE 14. drop it where? -- FLOOR 15. seen alot in threads -- LOL 16. do this to a file before you exit -- CLOSE 17. a ghost says this -- BOO 18. it's not very odd -- EVEN 19. the new type of pilot light -- LED 20. it's not you -- ME 21. pretty sheepish -- BAA 22. high ones are better for data transfers -- RATES 23. your render looks better with this -- ANTIALIAS 24. part of an equation -- TERM 25. file format for pictures -- GIF 26. alcohol is served here -- BAR 27. Latin is this kind of language -- DEAD 28. more is better for Poser -- MEMORY 29. when transmaps show up -- RENDER 30. the back end of a ship -- AFT 31. a good website to join -- RENDEROSITY 32. a logical term -- OR 33. used to make mt's -- OBJ 34. equals 3.1415... -- PI 35. one of the cameras -- REAR 36. gave an apple to Eve -- SERPENT 37. you use this program a lot -- POSER 38. to annoy -- IRK 39. I'm not really doing it -- PRETENDER 40. do this to naughty programs -- TERMINATE 41. two green lines -- ORIGIN 42. this can take many forms -- ART 43. take it one at a time -- UNITS **************************************************************** DOWN 1. a legal person -- DA 2. used to modify -- EDITOR 3. usually has a pocket full of stuff -- NERD 4. your monitor has only three -- COLOR 5. waiting for the grim one -- REAPER 6. one of the libraries -- FIGURE 7. if you don't reset it -- SET 8. a wave or a magnet -- DEFORMER 9. Posette does this -- ACT 10. trigonometry anyone? also, bad! -- SIN 11. what's on it? -- MENU 12. was always right -- MOM 13. also called "six pack" -- ABS 14. originally the backbone of Windows -- DOS 15. not very wild -- TAME 16. a logical operator -- OR 17. a often used verb -- BE 18. drivers don't want one of these -- DUI 19. pretty tricky to adjust -- JOINT 20. the second person with the same name -- JR 21. a body part or weapon -- ARM 22. a logical term -- AND 23. a complex object has a lot of these -- PARTS 24. do it to tools -- USE 25. free model of the week here -- DAZ 26. for the winner -- UVMAPPER 27. to do this is human -- ERR 28. never forgets -- ROM 29. a pretty slippery character -- EEL 30. usually paid once a month -- RENT 31. a computer's interface -- IO 32. it falls on the good and the evil -- RAIN 33. what's your focal length -- CAMERA 34. this can come out of chaos -- ORDER 35. some nuts use these -- BOLTS 36. your hard drive probably has two -- FAT 37. they make a scene more interesting - PROPS 38. and the two (or more) shall become as one -- WELD 39. make a good one of these with the right software -- MAP 40. nice to have one of these in the hole -- ACE 41. an international distress signal -- SOS 42. this amounts to nothing -- NIL 43. humans make this frequently -- ERROR 44. a picture file format -- TIF 45. just dial it up -- PARAMETER 46. adds a little sparkle -- HIGHLIGHT 47. round and round it goes -- RINGS 48. start at the beginning -- ORG 49. blow your horn -- TOOTS 50. just a thumbnail in the Poser library -- RSR 51. a relative -- KIN 52. the beauty lies within -- EYES 53. used alot by R'osians -- IM 54. it goes up and down -- YAXIS

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Mercy ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 9:11 PM

faints gets revived I won... oh that's too cool! Much thanks to dr geep for running the contest and to Steve Cox for providing the prize... I can't wait to give it a whirl :) This was a whole ton of fun :)

Kiera ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 9:14 PM

Awesome, congrats Mercy! =) You will just love UVMapperPro!

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 9:29 PM

Way to go, Mercy. The ones I got, I got right, but 50% is as bad as 0. Maybe next time.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 9:40 PM

I already have the next UVMapper Pro contest planned ...

• but -

... it will take me a couple of days to save up, uh, er, I mean ...
... put it together.

This one's gonna be real easy!
[if you have x-ray vision, that is! Heh, heh!]

cheers, ......... (for now)
dr geep <---------------------------- signing off
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

judith ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 11:00 PM

Congrats Mercy!!! And thanks to Steve Cox, and of course dr. geep :)) I don't care if I ever win, the threads make for great reading ;)

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

Papu ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 5:28 AM

Congrats Mercy :D

Mercy ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 6:23 AM

Thanks everyone, for all the congrats :) It was fun :) boogies off to download her prize :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.