Sat, Sep 21, 5:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: exporting Bryce 5 trees

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 4:45 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:46 PM

hi there, bryce5 has now the treelab and its a great tool. but theres no way to export them as *.obj files or something...do you know a trick for this case? i want to build them in bryce and export them to cinema4. any idea? thanx in advance...

inyerface ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 8:33 AM

sorry, no way with B5....

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 11:23 AM

yeah, thats what i thought, too...too bad, because the trees are great...thank you, that you tested it, too...

airflamesred ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 6:05 PM

im only using B4 and i do hope they are bettertha terragen trees !!!

haloedrain ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 8:28 PM

seems like there must be a way, because of that tree library thingy, but I don't know what it would be.

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 3:08 AM

airflamesred: i dont know the terragen trees, but i do like the bryce trees. if you give some effort into it you can get real good trees. haloedrain: it seems that the trees are unexportable...maybe corel will give it a try in version6 :o)

Aldaron ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 12:35 PM

You can save a tree as a .bto file by holding ctrl and clicking the create tree icon on top. You can load these tree by holding alt and clicking the create tree icon. This is the only format they are saved in unfortuantely.

tuckersaur ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 12:53 AM

Like so many things in Bryce the trees are not exportable to other apps, but as Delrino said (if you stay in Bryce) you can get some really nice ones with some effort. Bryce uses metaballs to create the trees, which is also why they can look so realistic - even close up. Bryce5 trees render much faster than polygonal trees because they are using metaballs, and this also allows you to build small forests of them with very little speed penalty. Treedruid standalone or the Cararra plug-in creates pretty nice trees that you could export into Cinema4 - that might be an alternative you could look at.

haloedrain ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 6:10 PM

if bryce trees use metaballs, why can't the metaballs blend in with them? I tried that because I wanted to get a really gnarly tree, but it didn't work. Oh well, the trees are really nice anyway, so I'm not really going to complain

tuckersaur ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 11:51 PM

I wish they could too - I am hoping they will let us curve the trunks in the next version of Bryce. The trees do get a little gnarlier if you make the trunks and branches a little thicker. I'll be posting an image soon with some trees I've made. Stay tuned.

Delrino ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 3:16 AM

thank you all guys (and girls?) for your answers! tuckersaur you made me curios bout your pic! :o) haloedrain i don't know why you can't blend them in any way, maybe it depends on the texturing for the leafs. Aldaron: thanks for your help, but does cinema load .bto files? (guess i have to try it :o))

Delrino ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 3:18 AM

well, if its not possible to export the bryce trees i guess i have to give the xfrog-thingy a try :o)...but there are much much more sliders and knobs and digits to fill in etc...heavy job to handle xfrog...:o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.