Fri, Sep 20, 5:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Can you combine multiple rotations and morhps in 1 dial? (newbie alert :-))

mjtdevries ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 10:37 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:31 PM

file_284066.jpg

This is my first try at making a prop. It's still in a very rough state, but I'm pleased with the result so far.

What I would like to have is just 1 dial, for "folding" the chair. Right now, I use a morph for the 2 pieces of cloth. (on which you sit, I don't know the proper english word) a morph for moving one of the arm-rests, and rotation dial for both legs.

To fold it up, I first rotate the left legs downwards, then rotate the right leg, then I move the arm-rest sideways so that it is located on top of the right leg again, and then fold the pieces of cloth. It works, but it's not a very elegant solution :-))

Is it possible to combine all that in just one dial?

Jaager ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 11:16 AM

Yes. ERC will do it. You must insert the script, Poser will not convert the rotation channels for. Set all of your morphs to the closed position and create a Full Body morph. Make a note of the degrees of rotation. Save the prop file. Open it in EditPad and copy the five lines for the ERC and paste them into a same location in the target rotation channel(s). The DeltaAddDelta for the rotations will probably be 1/degrees.

duanemoody ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 6:28 PM

Then, put multiple chairs in one scene and see what happens when you fold just one of them... `B^)

Jaager ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 8:47 PM

If Jim Burton's research holds, #1 will fold #1 & #2, # 2 will fold #3, #3 folds #4, etc. If the morphs and rotation channels in question, have their names changes to end with _0 (including the figure in the ERC script) and a Find _0 Replace with _1 (_2) (_3) etc and each saved to the library, then no cross-talk. But yes, Duane, you are right, there will be cross-talk, unless some provision is made. Does the null figure work for props?

kbade ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 9:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.nerd3d.com/Tutorial/SuperMorph.htm

As I read the thread, it occurred to me that a prop-making newbie might get the reference to ERC, but a Poser 4 newbie might not. The link explains the concept.

mjtdevries ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2002 at 2:05 AM

Thanks to all of you. Indeed I didn't get the reference to ERC. I thought it would be some kind of tool in the utilities section. Just took a glimpse at that tutorial. Seems I have a lot of reading to do :-) Marc

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.