Sat, Sep 21, 6:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Must.... VENT!!!! UnrealAliceFileDAMMIT

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 4:39 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:31 AM

Attached Link: wanna try the site for yourself? ARG!!!!

If anyone here plays games, especially multiplayer ones, than you likely know fileplanet.com, the (once) one stop shop for every mod, plugin, and levels files there are available. All these files are provided free of charge for gamers to play on. NOW, fileplanet gives you the "option" of buying your own "personal server", which they claim will give you faster downloads cause it is your OWN server JUST for you. This "option" is actually the only choice there is on fileplanet now. I sincerely doubt that they are buying all that hardware to create "personal" servers for every single member there is. This really peeves me off, cause the gamers get screwed. Fileplanet has something of a monopoly I noticed. Other sites used to carry the same file pretty much as file planet, but a few days ago I check for Unreal tournament levels and skins, and {POOF, all gone. File planet has'em, lets me see'em, lets me click the "download now" button, and then brings me to a page where it says something along the lines of "Upgrade to your own personal server now for just $$," and continues on like as if we have the choice of saying no... such stupid shizer man!!! Arg, I am annoyed. All I want is the Hall of Kings level for Unreal Tourney...!!! btw: Anyone know if American McGee's Alice will run well on an AMD 380, Voodoo3, with 192 Sdram?? It costs next to nothing now, but I don't wanna waste 20$ on something that won't work. ry

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 4:42 PM

let us all not forget to wish RyrY a happy birthday on monday!

Maygen ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 4:50 PM

Alice should run fine on your comp Slynk. I LOVED THAT GAME!! awesome graphics but you may want to turn them down a little -- theyll still um "RAWK" as you say hehe :)

PunkClown ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 4:58 PM

Happy Birthday Ry! for Monday...as for the other...typical! Vote with your feet, don't use them, it's the only way (In my experience) Hope you get a lot of goodies and warm fuzzy feelings from those you want them from on your birthday Slynkster. :-)>

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 5:03 PM

I think I had the demo for Alica running back when I only had a single 64 meg stick (mightve been 128, not sure). Either way, should run even better.

PunkClown ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 5:13 PM

The only game I ever really got into was "SpeedBall II" on the old Amiga, anyone ever play that one?

Rork1973 ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 5:47 PM

Like to play games ? Oh I've wasted zillions of hours on Asheron's Call....loved it :P I leveled at half the speed of my mates, cos I chat & trade too much =) But uhmm, is UT a kool game ? I never really played that kind of stuff, with the exception of Tribes (1, not 2...2 sucks) and Counter Strike. We really kicked some behind in Tribes with my old EuroTrooper clan (eurotroops.net) hehe =) Long, long time ago we were #8 at OGL ...those were the days...

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 6:45 PM

Unreal Tournament is a first person shooter (fps). Usually, in that genre, for online gameplay, there are 3 games you have to choose from for the most bang for the buck; Half Life, Quake 3, and Unreal Tournament. Half life is supposed to be the ultimate, though I've never played it. I can say from personal experience that I thought Quake 3 really blew (the only reason being the game play, it didn't "feel" too good playing). Unreal Tourney, while not the most graphically fantastic (though the graphics are quite Unreal... stupid pun, let it go), many people agree that it is the ULTIMATE in terms of gameplay. Give the demo a shot PC, I played the demo for about a year before upgrading to full version, and I never got tired of it! Also, this should be said, Quake 3 and Unreal Tourney are multiplayer deathmatch style games. Theres no one player adventure style, its all deathmatch style. Half Life supposedly has THE supreme one player game fps ever.

JordyArt ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 6:46 PM

Only game I really play is WORMS ARMAGEDDON coz it's flipping brill. Full Stop. (",)

PunkClown ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 6:53 PM

lol! Now all I have to do is work out when to fit playing games in with being a parent, husband, worker and trying to see all the good stuff in the galleries, and read all the forum messages...so much to do, so little time! ;-)>

Rork1973 ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 7:30 PM

Well, I know what UT is like, but had no idea it was popular :) Can't play Quake II/III though, cause I suffer from simulator sickness. Don't laugh ;) It's very common, and it's almost only with people playing Quake (GLQuake is the bad thing) and big flight simulators (where they train pilots). Just a combination of being in a static environment and seeing an extreme dynamic enviroment - especially with people who are able to focus/concentrate on something very well. As result, I won't feel my leggs, the chair, don't listen to sounds, etc. Anything unexpected can make you very ill, even a couple of hours after playing. Just freaks me out, hehe....shame, cause it's a nice game =)

Maygen ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 7:36 PM

omg talk about wasting time lol I played everquest for two years without getting burned out on it. I tried AC but didnt like it that much it was too much like EQ. As for testosterone driven games anyone play Return to Castle Wolfenstien? Half life is okay, but theres a lot of kids on it who can ruin it.

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 8:07 PM

my system wont run RTCW just yet Meg, but if you get UT, I'll woop yer ass any day of the week. As for Everquest, I'd prolly really get into it if it weren't for the fact that you have to pay a monthly fee for the privelidge of playing.

Rork1973 ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 8:23 PM

I didn't like RTCW at all....single play starts off great, but like so many games, the closer you get to the ending, the sillier the game gets. Multiplay is so fast that it's just no fun. Still prefer CS for the slow pace and accuracy. Hey Maygen, I hear that often....people who play AC first don't like EQ, and vice versa. Pretty weird :) Well, shame I'm a bit too busy nowadays :)

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 8:36 PM

btw, Does Alice have a multi play mode? Alice deathmatch seems kinda cool, though I dont think it would work really... strange that its the Q3 engine, but its 3rd person at the same time.

Maygen ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 2:47 AM

Hehe you know I think youre right Rork. I think its just different player preferences. The only online game I ever truley hated would be Anarchy online and I cant say that I hated it, I just couldnt get past the initial start up bugs to get to the game itself. I'm pretty sure Alice isnt multiplayer but it would be pretty cool if it were. I messed around a little with Dark Age of Camelot when it first came out too -- I have no life lol. Everquest just seemed to keep calling me back but you can only go so far with an online RPG. Eventually I had played every class at least once and all of my characters had gear way advanced for their levels and it just wasnt fun anymore. Maybe I should revive AC :)

Rork1973 ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 6:23 AM

Me too, Maygen....I've played AO and DAOC together with my old AC clan for a month or two, three. I loved the atmosphere in AO, but somehow I always felt very alone - hardly any social stuff going on, no special quests that you do with groups, it's all just leveling to get to the next level (no real reason to get any higher). Same with DOAC, but I did have more fun with it - did you like it ? Btw, about AC, I went back a few months ago after leaving like 6 months before, but the 'real' AC people weren't there anymore...lots of people playing at high level, just cause they bough their accounts - hardly anyone left who's friendly, hardly any real clans...towns are very empty. Not much fun anymore in the old AC world - was very dissapointing, cause evertime I played someone tried to steal my kills/loot and/or insulted me for some weird reason. Real shame, cause I heard EQ is still played by the original players - is it ?

Maygen ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 1:20 PM

For the most part it is. My characters are still in the same guild she was in when she started, I'm just rarely ever on anymore. I get tired of camping a mob for hours upon hours. I played a little more when the Luclin expansion came out but the new zones were unbelievebly tough. We had a grp of 50+ in one of the zone and kept getting creamed. I really liked DAOC, I thought it was just thought out far better than EQ and offered the user more but I ran into that whole "lonely" thing when I couldnt find a grp and some of the ppl were kind of rude.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.