Wed, Sep 18, 2:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:39 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Renderosity password

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 6:52 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 6:56 PM

Can the guy who is trying to guess my password please go do something else. I get an email back each time you fail and its becoming tedious. Any one else getting the same treatment?

Many thanks :)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

raven ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 6:55 AM

Yep, I just received six emails telling me my password too. I just fired off an email to the renderosity staff about it.

MadYuri ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:01 AM

Now I'm feeling underrated, nobody tries to guess my password. ;P

cooler ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:11 AM

Phil I've been getting them in blocks of 3 emails at a time. Interestingly enough after the 1st set, (just as a kneejerk reaction :-), I changed my password but continued to get emails with my old password.

Dagon ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:16 AM

received 6 emails also...

diana ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:17 AM

ditto here, 6 emails

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:20 AM

what are you all talking about? someone is emailing you with your password inside the email. way to much time on their hands. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:23 AM

oooops never mind, I know what you are saying I just got 6 emails myself. Says it comes from here Renderosity. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:25 AM

It says it is sent by:Received: from host1.bondware.com

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:25 AM

I got 6 emails too. Sigh.

CarolineG ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:26 AM

seems to be a rosity problem... I thought someone was trying to hack my account but it seems to be some glitch in the rosity servers.... Caro

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:27 AM

It's a glitch. So I've been told. No need to worry. Umm... is your password 'hot2trot'? No? Dang! :)~

Larry F ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:47 AM

Yes, I got exactly six myself. Must be a glitch!

Larry F ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:49 AM

But someone could still be trying to hack passwords. It's happened before.

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 8:08 AM

I have six of them, too. I thought it wsa probably a glitch. Melanie

pdblake ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 8:11 AM

6 here too...

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 8:12 AM

Ditto. Got six so far

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 8:14 AM

Hey, with all these 6's turning up, maybe it's the devil - either that or Legume. :O)

arcady ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 8:21 AM

I got them too. Interesting. I suspect one of two possibilities: 1. A bot is trying to hack the renderosity server for somebody. 2. The server has an accidental bug of some sort.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 8:34 AM

Got the 6 things too .. Was wondering what was up.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 8:48 AM

I haven't gotten any of the emails but I've noticed that Rosity has really gotten very slow in loading anything lately

starmkr ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 8:49 AM

Got the 6 pack as well...

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 8:49 AM

Hmm. Six here too.

JDexter ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 9:03 AM

I feel so unloved =( None in my box ;)

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 9:11 AM

It would be kinda stupid to hack in when all you gotta do is apply....this isnt a pay site after all. And it seems unlikely that someone would have malicious intent (ie. posing as someone...including me) since "they" seem to be after any name....I too think its a glitch....(but I changed my password anyway) Scarab

JOE LE GECKO ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 9:16 AM

6 mails ... may be a Renderosity problem. Either it's a technical issue, or someone doesn't know what to do with its spare time :) joelegecko

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 9:17 AM

I would be bound to think it is a glitch. I actually forgot that I had a login at work that another employee had used while he was here, until I checked my work email and I got the "6" reminding me of my password. Checked my regular email to and got the 6 for this one as well. Was kind of worried for a moment, but if everyone else is getting them, I guess I won't fret. Can't really imagine someone trying everyones logon 6 times, especially the ones that aren't in use and they haven't seen for over a year and a half.

SubTen ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 9:18 AM

i ONLY got 5 of them .. ;) maybe some sort of error in the mailing of the site...?

Deberus ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 9:19 AM

6 here too! What' s up!

SubTen ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 9:29 AM

ok, just got the 6th Mail...... ;)

zett ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 9:47 AM

only 5... ;)

aremis2000 ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 10:03 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3d-cc.com

Ditto to the 6 emails here too! I cast thee out, Beelzebub! Back into Hell with ye!

sptainton ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 10:17 AM

Glad I'm not the only one with the 6 pack, it worried me so much I was gonna post to the forum... Dang, y'all beat me to it. :)

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 10:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=614132

And I got a sixpack of them also. Perhaps the two who are at this link will find and sort out the culprit.

Anzan ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 10:37 AM

:chuckles: clever Anthony... lol

jonfe ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 10:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=613914

Actually I got all 6 of them too and posted a message to the news forum... Hopefully someone from Renderosity will look into it... Take care, Jon

Kolschey ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 10:42 AM

I was wondering about that...I'm in the club too. I feel special now. :)

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 10:44 AM

Just got my six emails!! what s this all about ????

My website

YouTube Channel

MadYuri ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 10:49 AM

Phew, I got my six emails. I'm again part of the flock. ;)

Kendra ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 11:07 AM

I got them too. (in case anyone is keeping track)

...... Kendra

dragongirl ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 11:16 AM

Perhaps those that only got 5 (I got 6 too) should write and complain to Renderosity to fix the hack/glitch so it works RIGHT for them. :-) Seriously - I am a bit concerned about a hack - people don't do it necessarily for commercial reasons, sometimes just to mess things up for fun and to see if they CAN.

MadYuri ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 11:32 AM

Seriously - I am a bit concerned about a hack - people don't do it necessarily for commercial reasons, sometimes just to mess things up for fun and to see if they CAN. Yo, but this time it wasn't me. ;P

proteus ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 11:32 AM

I too have recieved such e-mails. 6 of them at 8:53 a.m., and 6 of them at 9:40 a.m. Apparently I have two accounts (?). I sort of forgot about the old account till now. "HEY RENDEROSITY STAFF", hehehe, "Wuz up?". Me thinks there's a glitch, (or a ghost), in the machine. Well I guess it could have been worse. They could have e-mailed our user:pass to somebody else. Take it easy yall, -proteus-

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 11:33 AM

file_295.jpg

The ebot would like to apologize for all the emails today!!

apparently he's having a few keyboard problems with his new hand units

:- /

My website

YouTube Channel

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 12:20 PM

I didn't get any! WAAAAH! I demand my rights to be just as annoyed as everybody else! (I've got the IM/chat stuff turned off. Maybe that's the difference?)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Anzan ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 12:44 PM

Nah.. they just don't love you Ockham.... :Grins: Me either, apparently. :grins: Anz

polartech ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:00 PM

Hey.... I got twelve. Watch out for the Thunderball ;-)

EdW ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:02 PM

I got 6 early this morning and 4 more just now when I checked my mail. Ed

LeeEvans ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:23 PM

Scarab - If it is a Hacker, they may be attempting to access your previous purchases... I have been able to "re-download" my old purchases (thanks be to R'Sity for that feature!)... For the record, I got my 6 as well.. (Oh, I feel so loved... ) hehehe Seriously, I hope it's just a bug... I'd hate to think we're being hacked.... -Lee

Butch ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:45 PM

I got 5 or 6, didn't count. So happy to a member of this exclusive club ;} I hope this isn't the work of somebody with way to much time on their hands....

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:55 PM

6 to me as well. Guess I'm part of the in-crowd. For those of you who remember the 80's: "I bot, you bot, we bot. I bot, you bot, they bot. I bot, you bet e-bot ..." "E-bot has been ... activated." "I always feel like, somebody's e-bottin' me. Who's playin' tricks on me?"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.