Fri, Sep 20, 12:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara 2 and radiosity

litst ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 9:26 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:46 AM

Here's a message of Antoine Clappier posted on E-Groups : ----------------- Dear Dreamers, I have seen lately a few posts about Radiosity in Carrara Studio 2. I have an excellent news for you: there is NO Radiosity Engine in Carrara Studio 2... We have a far superior rendering engine that mere Radiosity. Those who can wait, will see! ;-) Happy rendering to all! Antoine Clappier President & CEO ......................................... Eovia Corporation 888 Villa Street, Suite 430 Mountain View, CA 94041 http://www.eovia.com ------------------ Nice, ain't it ? :) litst

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 8:20 AM

Photon Mapping?

twillis ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 9:29 AM

I've pretty much decided that if Carrara 2 has bones, I'll upgrade (while I agree with others that bevels and the like would be cool, I can work around that; I can't work around no bones). So, if we're betting bones and "Radiosity+", that would be pretty cool.

twillis ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 9:30 AM

Er, "getting", not "betting".

Ringo ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 9:47 AM

Yeah,
It's time to start saving some pennies for this cool upgrade.

Wow, better than Radiosity. yes.

Ringo Monfort
Badassgraphics.com

ppowellaa ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 10:32 AM

I would love better modeling, but I am getting better with amapi and have been using it almost exclusivly for modeling (primitive attempts so far but I like it the more I use it). I would like those functions built into Carrara since I still have crash and importing problems with amapi after smoothing. I have to say, that the carrara export has been very good so far. I would like to be able to get Obj without import to C then export or buying v6. "Artifact" is my ongoing short with progresivly more modeling and use of the fetures in Carrara.

Kixum ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 2:06 AM

If it's really a rendering engine which is heavy hitting enough to crush radiosity, then it better truly CRANK without cranking down on our machines as well. I'm all for a better engine. There's a lot of stuff that comes out of Lightwave that I really really like. It would be very cool if C could start competing in that space. So far, Eovia hasn't taken steps backwards (that are too terrible) so I'm going to keep the faith a while. -Kix

-Kix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.