Fri, Sep 20, 1:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Mixing Fractal Applications for Ssome Fascinating Effects

audre ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 2:26 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 8:42 PM

file_579.jpg

i tend to be a program abuser... i use whatever works at the time, without regard to any 'purity' of render or any such notions. i wonder how many of you mix apps like that? i typically see many 'single app' renders up there so i am suspecting, not many. anyway, here is an example of a multi-app fractal. discovered in ultrafractal, then brought into xenodream to 'light' it, which gives it it's 3 dimensionality.

bonbon ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 9:23 AM

aaah, i understand now how you do it... and all this time i was pulling out my hair trying to figure out how to get my UF to do this.... lol

audre ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 1:47 PM

grin

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 3:10 PM

WOW...Very complex..I feel the cool atmosphere when looking at this piece.Focusing on the complexity of each curve and twist let's me feel weightless.Then there is the colors Mmm.A soft lavender twist with a pillow soft mixed blue leaves me hanging on to the ploted forms saying nooo..I don't won't to leave yet....Then I get one last gasp as I look to the lower bottom as I pull out of view.Then I think Hmmm should I look at Audrys art when I first get up of a morning?????

Misha883 ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 10:25 PM

file_580.jpg

Hi Audre, Interesting image! It does seem hard to believe, doesn't it, that the "pure" images can be so incredibly complex, but still not look quite right until tweaked? I definitely mix applications for postwork; like combining several images using Photoshop, or using a fractal as a terrain map in Bryce. Or sometimes combining a fractal with another image. I've not had much luck importing images into Xenodream for lighting -just haven't had time to figure it out. Happy this Forum is here now; will have somewhere to ask. I have not mixed too many images from different fractal generators. I do mix a lot of images from the SAME generator. This seems to give a lot more complexity while still being self-similar. You may find some of these links interesting: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=113357&Start=37&Artist=Misha883&ByArtist=Yes http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=122984&Start=25&Artist=Misha883&ByArtist=Yes http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=146982&Start=1&Artist=Misha883&ByArtist=Yes

audre ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 10:31 PM

hey that's cool. mixing other objects with fractals i ilke that. -- very effective. thanks for sharing that. i am hoping it will give folks 'food for thought' on the ways you can 'use' the output from fractal generators. not that there is anything wrong with a pure fractal, mind you, but as one who NEVER throws anything away... i tend to reuse pieces and bits of 'stuff' when ever possible. and, seeing as i've got literally thousands of fractals in one form or another, i am always looking for places where they mnight be put to work. anyone else have any cool examples of multi use fractals?

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2002 at 10:23 AM

file_581.jpg

(decloaking to join the fractal forum...)

I do regular fractal work, but lately did a series combining Poser with UltraFractal pieces, composited in Photoshop. Here is a thumbnail of, and links to a couple of the full images.

http://www.rosemaryr.com/HTML/Gall8b8.htm
http://www.rosemaryr.com/HTML/Gall8b12.htm

There are some others in that same gallery, as well as some of my straight fractals.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2002 at 10:58 AM

Let's see if I can't make those links 'hot'--every forum does it differently :)

Fire Kata
Wizard Cloak'd

and my gallery homepage
Rosemary Regan's Art Gallery

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

OrchidDave ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2002 at 11:24 AM

file_582.jpg

Here's an interesting combo for ya. Fractal created in UF & mapped to the truck in Bryce4. I wish I could do this to my van! ~Dave

audre ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2002 at 1:58 PM

wow wow ... these are cool. i love the motion in the sword/knife picture!! and the cloak.. is also very nice. very 'shimmery' effect you feel it hum with magic. and dave, i am a huge truck fan. never owned a 'car'... i would die to have my truck look like that LOL.. you know, it looks like there might be a huge industry here if we could just figure out how to paint autos like that huh?

OrchidDave ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2002 at 6:47 PM

Well actually....there is...I'm doing a motorcycle tank & fenders right now. It's still in R & D but will soon be on a custom harley a local bike builder is building. It's going to be blended with another new invention called 'electric paint' ! Dave

audre ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2002 at 7:39 PM

you will upload us pictures i hope?

Little Red ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 11:48 AM

WOW!! I luvs these trucks! Goes along with my megalomaniac desire to cover the world in fractals.. What is electric paint? I've seen some incredible programs on TV about making custom Harleys, but they were just discussing "what" to paint rather than "how" to do it. Do they put some sort of specific metal ions in the paint?

Omnedon ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 9:22 PM

audre, this company does vinyl wraps for cars, primarily for advertising, but they can do custom graphics (see the FAQ link). http://www.drivefreesigns.com/cgi-bin/d.cgi/1000/index.html

OrchidDave ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2002 at 1:10 PM

Little red, I can't divulge the method until his patent goes thru. It's too hot! Last night my friend showed a new design he's working on & it was so awesome. His methods will enable the elimination of mounted external brake lights & turn signals on bikes. I'll post a link to his site when we get some sample photos together. Dave

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.