Sun, Oct 6, 6:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Thank in advanance...Bryce makes my skin look chalky pale and ruins Kyoko hair!

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:48 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:34 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_120585.jpg

As you can tell I dont have a problem with the hair and the skin tones in poser the larger image. But in Bryce this looks washed out and the hair does not look to whippy either. Now I can understand that Bryce may not be able to interpret the hair but the skin? I have turned off the ski setting (not that this changed anything. Any advice or links to a tut would be most appriciated. Thank you

KenS ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 1:55 AM

as far as the skin goes, usually, you need to adjust the ambeince, Bryce's default for some oddball reason is like 19.7, which is too much-making the skin too light, I find a ambeince setting of 6.3 is almost perfect.

Chris ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 3:12 AM

Bryce does not load the trans maps. You have to modify the hair maually. There is a good tutorial where you can see how to use trans maps in Bryce. The link is: http://www.mindspring.com/~zonefive/ Hope that helps a little bit. Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

LoboUK ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 3:15 AM

And for the hair, you need to get involved with the materials editor. Make sure the texture is applied (Diffuse/Ambient - column A) then apply whatever bump map you're going to be using in column B. Finally, load the transparency map into column C and select "blend transparency" from the little drop-down menu. This also works for Allie's transmapped curls. If you still have a problem, please contact me, and I'll send you more detailed instructions Paul

KenS ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 3:25 AM

Thanks Paul, I for one havent ever ventured into using the hair transperncies in Bryce, you know me Space Aliens and super heroes:), Ill remember this for when I do get around to using a Poser transmap in Bryce. Ken

jim-hicks ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 7:44 AM

Ok, I have the Kyoko hair (like everyone else) - - but where does the hair-behind-the-ear thing come from (in Vile's render (above))???

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 8:24 AM

It looks like the the texture on the bryce figure didnt load or possibly the poser figure had a lot of color to the materials in there (Ie the skin was already shaded a tan) but I think it was that bryce didnt load the materials ... On my Mac to get them I need to put them all out in the open on the main hard drive window to get them to be applied. Good luck

picnic ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 11:30 AM

The 'hair behind the ear thing' is a dial/morph in Kyoko hair #2 (or at least that's what I call it). Look around on the Poser Factory page. You can do 'short', 'long', behind right ear, behind left ear, bangs, etc. Working with Allie's or Kyoko hair in Bryce is a 'challenge' LOL--several weeks ago there was a thread or 2 on it in the Bryce forum. Diane B

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 10:10 PM

Thanks for the answer on the ear answer Diane (I keep trying to find that string must be far back) and thanks to all. Please see my next post

picnic ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 10:19 PM

I don't see another post from you Vile. Also--why don't you bring this up in the Bryce forum again--I can't honestly remember who was involved in the discussion but he had a decent answer. A discussion about transmaps would be a good thing. I remember when I first did Anton's peacock with the transmapped tails. What a nightmare until I figured it out. I actually printscreened and printed it out (the 'material lab) so I wouldn't forget and I referred to it doing the Kyoko hair but there are several layers and it sort of confounds the whole thing. Might be a really good thread. Diane B

Bubba ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 11:44 PM

From the looks of things Vile you might have the gamma correction turned on in Bryce. Gamma works fine for snow scene's and such, but washes out the poser figure's texture. As for the T-Map workaround it's relatively simple and works very well in Bryce. If you want to email me for the instructions then I can better explain it to you. bhuffman@citynet.net

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.