Fri, Sep 20, 1:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Fractal Forum Banner Contest!

audre ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 2:01 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:30 AM

See that animated banner up there? It's only temporary... Those of you wishing to post YOUR idea of the Fractal Forum's banner are welcome to do so. Just reply with your banner to this message. Starting on March 18th, we'll let the members of the fractal forum pick a winner to replace the banner above. JPG and GIF images are allowed. Animated Gifs are allowed as long as you keep the file sizes around 200K or less(preferably smaller to accomodate those on modems). Use whatever fractal software you want. The sample banner is 331 pixels wide by 100 pixels tall. Try to stay somewhere around there for proportions and size. Most importantly, have fun and show us what your Fractal banner looks like!

ddaydreams ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 11:18 PM

file_286262.jpg

Hello From Frank Lee Hawkins Digital Daydreams www.ddaydreams.com

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

abmlober ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 2:31 AM

Please - don't take animated images that blink so fast... But I'm very curious what will be seen here :-) Best wishes, Andreas

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

aartika ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 10:47 AM

Hi Audre - a couple of queries:

Are the entries limited to one per person?

Is the closing date midnight 17th March?

Thanks, Tina

aartika! fractal art by Tina Oloyede :  http://www.aartika.co.uk

audre ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 12:44 PM

i don't think the entries should be limited... let's get a variety up here for us all to ponder. so feel free to spam us with wonderful art! and yes, it would be midnight THIS SERVER's TIME... which is in Tennessee, USA.

inyerface ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 12:45 PM

Attached Link: http://normalflora.org/frac.html

file_286263.jpg

here's mine

audre ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 12:50 PM

OH HEY, you know the banner need not be animated.... let's get some variety up here too! i was just feeling happy about the grand opening, so i did an animated banner...

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 2:12 PM

Fractal??Hmmm..Hey I fractaled my arm...Is that the art stuff that uses a Z +/- 1 thang???YEA..HAW..

aartika ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 3:37 PM

file_286264.jpg

Thanks Audre - here's a couple for starters ;-) Tina

aartika ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 3:45 PM

file_286268.jpg

... and here's the other one.

Tina
AARTIKA! fractal art & design

abmlober ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 4:33 PM

YEA..HAW.. Sand us a photo, than we can decide that thang :-)

Hi Tina,
that was too hot - I can't decide...
I like both.

Andreas

Joy of Frax

ddaydreams ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 8:18 PM
audre ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 8:27 PM

oohh you know i actually like the no blinky version better. it's truly RICH looking. thanks.

mstrong ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 9:33 PM

file_286271.jpg

My attempt at making a banner for the fractal forum.

s31415 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 4:38 AM

file_286272.jpg

Here is a banner.

Samuel

The Paramathematical Gallery :
http://www.p-gallery.net

Mazilla ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:39 PM

Attached Link: http://www.mazilla.com

file_286273.jpg

um... i lost my banner. i just uploaded one to here and after all the refreshing, closing and reopening, diverting routes to come here... its no where. any clue to where it went? i have a couple more i would love to enter too. but cant, if they run off to Fracsville, LalaLand. i will try another ;-)

Mazilla ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:41 PM

file_286274.jpg

ok nm, lol. that one worked, so i'll try another. looking forward to making more of these, they were fun. good luck everyone! ;-)

Mazilla ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:45 PM

file_286275.jpg

this is my 3rd for the contest. hope it isnt counted as my 3rd upload since the 1st one was lost lol ;-)

Little Red ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 2:40 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_286277.jpg

hmmm.. will this work? *crossing fingers*

audre ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 3:02 AM

OOhh you guys! these are some killer banners. i think you've given us all some hard choices to make. so this is it... the entry is now officially closed. those people wishing to vote for a banner, please respond to this thread with your choice. at the end of the voting period, we'll tally up the count and 'make it so.' good luck to everyone and thank you all for taking the time to participate!

MarvinR ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 4:30 AM

These are cool banners. My vote goes to Little Red's. It's graceful and I can see things inside it. I see the 2 masks, one smiling, and one frowning, which represent theater. Seeing things inside fractals is why I like them so much.

Carolyn ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 9:29 AM

I gotta agree, Little Red definately gets my vote :)

abmlober ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 12:21 PM

I would like to have a more discrete way of voting... Andreas

Joy of Frax

fractility ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 2:00 PM

I have to give Little Red's banner my vote. As a hard core fractalist of many years it would be more likely for me to vote for one of Tina's traditional fractal images, but this forum needs to show and support fractals used in every way. IMHO. There's enough politics and division in the fractal, and fractal art, community as it is. Little Red's image has a bit of the old and a bit of the new. I do wish the banner was a tad bigger or at least the title font was a tad bigger. Again, IMHO, for what it's worth.

Fractographia ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 7:09 PM

file_286278.jpg

Is it too late, really?

audre ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 7:48 PM

Those of you who don't feel comfortable voting publicly, feel free to send an Instand Message to me, or email me at audre@renderosity.com at the end, i'll supply a public tally of votes, but not who voted for what. cheers!

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 8:25 PM

Little Red gets my Vote

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 9:14 PM

Little Red get's my opening vote.{Are you sure you can say that's nudity???}The essence of our Forum Room..Ifeel at home??? Fractographica get's my closing vote. ????Don't we have several different pages for our department{fractals}???I f so couldnt we post a banner in each web page that we control?????

Fractographia ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 9:29 PM

file_286279.jpg

Since no one complained, here's one more.

fractility ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 10:12 PM

I wanted to ask the same question about having more than one banner. I just figured that bandwidth and ease of standardization dictated a single image. If in fact we are to have different pages eventually, then lets use some of the others as well. Little Red still gets my vote(not voting twice) for the main banner.

Little Red ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 10:14 PM

Heh.. Arista, I just didn't want to take a chance on offending someone. It's a puzzling question: "Is someone clothed in fractals truly nude?" Several privately funded studies are underway, as we speak...

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 10:28 PM

Oh yea give it to me.....It's...It's A 10....

audre ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 12:31 AM

if you liked the contest... we can have a 'fractal banner of the month' one... i am game. i love these things. how often would you all like to see the banner rotated? and yes, we will have a 'back room' and a 'gallery' coming on line soon... so we will have banners for that as well. i am thinking that the prize for the winning the banner contest will be to have a link to your rosity gallery up there in the spotlight... perhaps as the forum grows we can get some fractal programs to sponsor us a prize. so hey, go get all your fractal friends to hurry up and make this a huge forum so we can all have a chance to win cool fractal programs. grin

audre ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 5:23 AM

okay we got a member vote for Fractographia

audre ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 12:27 PM

nuther member vote for second of the two Fractographia banners - the one with the pink mandelbrot.

Kate ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 8:37 PM

I like aartika's banner, the first one posted.

firefly ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 9:57 PM

Fractals are the most wonderful art! The "banner a month" idea is great and one I would like to see put into effect!! I'm also quite excited to hear there will be a backroom and gallery to come!! I've not posted any of mine so far as they tend to get very lost in all the other galleries.

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2002 at 4:47 PM

how about a rotating banner? a small java script that randomly selects from all the banners available every time the page is loaded. then everyone that submitted a banner could have a chance at having their banner on the page and as time went on and more banners were submitted it might even become possible not to see the same one twice. Just a suggestion

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 2:22 AM

I like aartika's in post #10. ;] [Don't mind me... just wandering through browsing the new stuff ;)]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

audre ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 5:48 PM

Hey IB... please do stay awhile... come on in and have some fractal tea... makes for some mighty interesting perspectives grin

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 10:26 PM

Last time I saw in fractals, there was mescaline involved...

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 10:46 PM

you're dating yourself! I don't think there is too much of that anymore....

audre ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 10:55 PM

i dated myself once... it was pretty boring... i already knew the punchlines to all the jokes i tried to tell. :P

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 11:01 PM

Shhhhhhh! Don't say that Firefly! Dating oneself is illegal in the bible belt. It's only legal to date cousins....

• Monkeysmell

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 11:09 PM

ok, Audre and Ironbear, those are both as new as the Banker's joke!!

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 11:11 PM

snicker I never said I knew any NEW jokes...

• Monkeysmell

audre ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 11:18 PM

chuckle well they are funny after you have fractal tea. everything is funny then.

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 11:22 PM

That's the truth! Audre, can you brew up some more tea please???

MarvinR ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 10:00 AM

file_286282.jpg

This is a revised version of my entry. This one fits the size guidelines. If the banners are rotated every few days this one will work better.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.