Mon, Sep 23, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:44 pm)

Subject: FREE STUFF???

grinder32 ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 10:15 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 10:23 PM

I know I dont give away stuff but I thought I would make a comment anyway.Why is it that there is stuff in the free stuff section that you cant download without first becoming a member of someones website? I thought free meant free?By the way I dont get to use poser much and dont have anything of quality to give yet as soon as I do I will post it without any catches. thanks

Anzan ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 10:29 PM

Well I'm not overly fond of such practices... but as the saying goes, and it's true, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" filling out a form or signing up for something is just the price you pay, it's not money - but it's a price. You get to decide if you want to pay it or not. Anz

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 10:37 PM

True... I don't require it, and very rarely would I go through the trouble of doing the membership thing to get at the goodies.

OTOH, the ones I do take the time to do so for are well worth it, and are by people I know from here, and whose work I respect highly (Runtime DNA ferinstance..)

It's all a matter of degree, really... if I have to go through a ton of rigamarole and I don't know who the modeller is, I won;t bother. But on the same token, with bandwidth being expensive nowadays, I'm not about to complain if someone does require the log-ins.

/P

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 11:11 PM

Totally agree with Pengie (quack Quack) on this one. The items are still free, you just gotta move around a little to get 'em. Example: My mother-in-law works for a computer consulting firm. She just got me another 21" monitor for free. The catch is I gotta go pick it up and carry it to the car, drive it clear across town than I gotta carry it all the way into my house. On top of that I suppose I'll have to hook it up myself too!! The nerve of some people! ~EA (Who never looks at free horses teeth)

EricTorstenson ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 11:57 PM

Don't inlaws suck ;) Mine just gives us left overs from a buffet in a specimen bag (no joke). But aside from that, she's a pretty nice lady. eric

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 12:06 AM

ok, I'll say it...eewwwweeee!?!

goat ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 6:48 AM

poor baby.... Doesnt she know, gas isnt cheap. In laws rock. I just received a digital camera delivered! But no one opened the box for me. Judging by the size I dont think it has a printer. Id rather have the left overs. mmmmmm Food

cylui ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 7:05 AM

In Laws, lol, I had to give them a computer, monitor, scanner and a printer. Ok Ok once a while they treated me dinner rather than a doggie bag...... Well I Love the free stuff but of course I have to register and with a monthly usage limit of? 300M?

MaterialForge ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 11:03 AM

Attached Link: http://www.posertrax.com

My inlaws rock - they listen to Pink Floyd, and bring beer when they visit. :) FYI, I don't mind signing up to get freebies, as long as it doesn't get TOO in-depth - y'know, mother's maiden name and all that crap for 3 pages. I know it can be frustrating if you just want to check something out real quick. On my own site, I don't require a signup for the freebies.

Hiram ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 11:06 AM

I got in a lot of trouble telling my ex-wife that her in-laws were much nicer than mine.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 7:23 PM

LOL Hiram...!

adidas ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 8:03 PM

I try to give some props once in a while because i like making them,and vecause i am a member here i found it natural to give my props here for free with no strings attached.I myself learned alot and downloaded alot from this site so i would even feel guilty askinf anything in return.And my inlaws are great btw ,they live on the other side of the world.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.