Fri, Sep 20, 4:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Fractal gel light- Bryce

Little Red ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 1:52 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:26 AM

file_1025.jpg

Here's something that I just stumbled onto.. You start with the basic opening landscape, and create a light. (I used the round one.) Go into the light editor by clicking the "E." I clicked on the Render Options "make it visible," which makes the light ball faintly seen in the middle of the image. On the right side, click the "Use Gel" button, then "image." You go through the usual 2Dpict dialogue, and then your light shines on the floor... Anybody else found this yet, and can you help me do it better??

audre ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 2:43 PM

hey this is totally cool. i will have to try this myself i can already see a few images i'de like to try out! thanks for sharing that wonderful tip Little Red!

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 4:30 PM

WOW..Cool..Can you animate that fractal???I'm getting an image of flying screeming dinobirds watching the floor crawl???

Little Red ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 5:30 PM

I'm sure it would be possible to animate.. I just haven't spent any time in the animation section of the various programs yet. It's on the list, though!

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 11:37 AM

Well, there's yet another technique for me to squeeze in somewhere....(sigh). I'm already getting myself up an hour earlier to work on this stuff. I need a time machine! (I'm almost certain I used to have more time than I do now....?) Little Red, that image reminds me of standing inside Grace Cathedral, looking at the colors of the stained glass window playing on the worn stone floor... ('nuther sigh)

Little Red ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 12:20 PM

What a wonderful thought... stained glass shining on a worn floor. It makes a fabulous picture in my mind. And it's a GREAT idea for a Bryce or Poser picture! scribbling frantically with a red crayon

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 5:04 PM

Then I think you should do it, since it's a cinch I won't get around to it until sometime next summer, at the rate I'm going!

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 8:05 PM

file_1026.jpg

Hmmm let's make it a lonely threesome...Stone???I'm sorry i have been at this computer for to may day's?????

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 8:20 PM

file_1027.jpg

Ok crew here is a thought;Mmmm good coffee...; Ok you won't the worn path but you can't afford to hire one thousand people to pace back and forth fer the next five years so you can get a picture???He..He..He..{Laughing my brains out... Take a 3ds flat grid...size it to the scene dimmentions...drink some more coffee..{holding in a laugh}..Then make the worn path terrain out of the 3ds flat grid???Then to finnsh it off use the new 3ds terrain map as a low gloss top layer for the picture..But,Be shure that you have created a BUMP Map for the photo.as well as the new 3ds topper...you should be able to make adjusments in real time...

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 8:24 PM

file_1028.jpg

You could even use an elaborate floor somewhere in tha world???

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 8:32 PM

file_1029.jpg

But where do the fractals come in????Hey..YEA..HAW..I know yuu could make them thair genywine hand made stain glass winders have them thair fractals inum...Yesserr..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.