Fri, Sep 20, 1:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:31 am)

Subject: Mini contest details

cwshorty ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 6:00 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:22 AM

Attached Link: http://www.cwshorty.com/contest/cw-contest-flower.zip

file_1427.jpg

Since I had sooo many people knocking down that thread trying to find out what the details were, I figured I'd better hurry up and post them.

The details are very simple;

1. create an image using the supplied zip file, best 3 wins a copy of my Flowers pack.

2. Post the image to the gallery with the words "CWS Flowers contest" in the title, or post to this thread.

3. Starts today and ends Sunday, winners will be announced Monday.

Now that's pretty darn easy if you ask me.

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 7:46 AM

Well darn it, Shorty, it was a nice idea, and it woulda been "pretty darn easy," but after downloading and opening your file I discovered it was for Poser only. Was going to write and ask which gallery to post to, but now I realize you were probably talking about the Poser gallery. I must be the only person at Rosity who doesn't have Poser, huh? Thanks anyhoo!

cwshorty ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 8:50 AM

hold on there, I can include the .obj file, especially since they are included in the package.

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:00 AM

Sounds like a plan to me. Would you IM me when you've done that? Thanks. Hey - if I'm the only person who enters, does that mean I win? LOL! Oh, what time (and time zone) on Sunday does the contest end? BTW, don't know if you've already done it, but why not post a link to this in the Contest Forum?

cwshorty ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:03 AM

You can re-download now, and I'm on the east coast, so I guess I should be thinking about that. I'll get back to you on that one. Thanks for the tip about the contest forum, and yes if you are the only one you will win.

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:05 AM

Great. Thanks.

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 10:16 AM

Well Sipapu, you won't be the only entrant :) At least if my daughter lets me have a little time to myself this weekend! I would like a chance to see what I can make with this lovely vine. CW Shorty, Thank you for putting this contest on and generously supplying the prize!

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 10:32 AM

Hope you get the time, firefly - the more the merrier. I only said that as a joke, anyway, because of cwshorty's initial thread and then what he said in his first post in this one. Oh, and forgetful me.... cwshorty, I heartily echo firefly's thanks. I like your username, firefly. Evokes childhood memories. (But, uh, you don't want to know....LOL!)

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 12:31 PM

Thank you Sipapu, I hope to get the time too! I look forward to seeing the pic(s) you enter! And if my name evokes some of your childhood memories, I'm almost willing to bet that mischief was involved somehow!!

cwshorty ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 2:31 PM

I have to agree with firefly, the word mischief comes to my mind as well. LOL...%^)

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 3:59 PM

Hmmm. That gives me an idea for my entry. Hehehehe. Now I'm hoping I have enough time.

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 7:15 PM

I hope you do too! I'm very curious all of a sudden at what you've got up your sleeve!! (mischief wise)

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 7:50 PM

;-p

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 7:59 PM

oh, oh!! That just smacks of trouble!!

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 8:14 PM

Uh huh. LOL!

SQS ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 8:24 PM

Just to be sure I have this right. It is Ok to do this in VUE, right? One entry per person? Thanks for the great idea!

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 8:36 PM

Seems to be OK, SOS. The rules are pretty loose. I don't even have Poser, so I'll be working in Bryce. Welcome to the Sipapu-Firefly forum - LOL!

cwshorty ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 8:46 PM

You can use whatever you want, and entry limit is let's say 2, as long as you use the plant in the file provided. How's that??

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 8:56 PM

Sounds good, cwshorty. Don't know if I'll even have time to finish the one that I have in mind. Still wondering about the exact deadline. You know, you don't have to be awake for it, since the times will show on the posts. ;-)

cwshorty ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:01 PM

You must have been reading my mind, I'm sitting here now trying to figure out what would be best for every one.

cwshorty ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:07 PM

OK how's 24:00 RO time. We go by the time in the upper corner of the screen.

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:21 PM

Poifect.

SQS ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:26 PM

Sounds great. I'll be baaaack!

SQS ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:29 PM

OK, so sometimes I can be a detail person. Any size? Looks like you have your 3 entries! LOL

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:42 PM

Welcome SOS!! Another one with a great idea? oh, I'm in trouble here....... One other contestant with mischief and now one with ideas..... ack!! Me thinks it's time to brainstorm :) see you all later!

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:44 PM

oh, heck!! SQS, I was reading SOS now I know I'm in trouble!! Good to see you! Go easy on us eh?

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:46 PM

CW Shorty and Sipapu? Please meet SQS. She does amazing fantasy work! I'm sure we will be delighted with the pictures that she creates :) :) :)

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 9:51 PM

Ooops. Obviously I read it wrong, too. It's that link thing. Nice to meetcha, SQS. Firefly, cwshorty, and I seem to have a nice little private forum going on here - LOL! BTW, Firefly, I visited your gallery. But now, I'm off to make mischief. ;-p

SQS ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 10:32 PM

file_1428.jpg

OK, I'm going first because my idea is way too obvious! So I'll get it in here before I am beat! LOL Thanks, Firefly! Nice to see you here, and Hi to Sipapu and cwshorty! Glad to be here! BTW, Firefly that link finally got fixed for the Polgara entry. See you allin entry #2 LOL

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 10:48 PM

Good Grief you're fast!!! I will go and check that link out once I get my idea into rendering mode.... :) I bet you see us in entry two before we complete entry 1!

cwshorty ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 11:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cwshorty.com/contest/cw-contest-flower.zip

I know I went about this wrong, and I hope ya'll don't hold it against me, it's my first one so I'll be better prepared for the next one. So let me try and sum everything up the right way this time. Contest details revisited..%^) Contest runs from 3/22 - 3/24 - last entry accepted at 24:00 - 3/24 RO time. no size limit no app restriction (there are both obj & prop files included in zip) limit of 2 entries image must be clearly labeled "CWS Flowers contest" in the gallery or in this thread. I think that covers everything. Any questions just holler.

cwshorty ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 11:04 PM

SQS,that was fast. Very nice!

SQS ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 11:21 PM

Hey, Shorty! I never think of the details until I walk away and think about it!! I jut think it is grat that you are doing this contest at all!! about the "CWS Flowers contest", where do I put that if I am entering in this thread?

cwshorty ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 11:37 PM

Well since you've posted it here you won't need to, but if it's in the gallery then you'd just need to put it in the title or somewhere in your comments.

patiaz ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 9:34 AM

file_1429.jpg

Millenium babies having fun with that little ant..

SQS ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 11:23 AM

Very cute, Pati! Let's hope they don't catch the little guys!

SQS ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 11:27 AM

file_1430.jpg

OK, this is it for me. This is magic of both kinds, nature and fantasy. Thnaks, for the contest, Shorty! It has been fun. I enjoy them because I need a focus!

Sipapu ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 11:49 AM

These images are all great! But I'd better stop spending my time looking at them and get to work myself. SQS - I'm like you. I need that focus, too. BTW cwshorty, you're doing a fine job of running this little contest. Don't you worry a whit about all the questions we've raised about the details. Besides, it'll be a great learning experience for you, and someday you'll become known planetwide as a great contest master - LOL!

cwshorty ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 12:17 PM

Aww shucks Sipapu, thanks so much that makes me feel sooo much better.

cwshorty ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 12:23 PM

These are really some great entries everyone.

pizazz ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 1:44 PM

file_1431.jpg

Done in Poser and lots of PSP BTW- Love the flowers

firefly ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 8:22 PM

Just want to say what a beautiful group of pictures you have all posted! And, also to let you know I'm not gone far.... just as far as the picture I'm furiously working on!! Sipapu, looks like you and I are the slow ones . CWShorty. You are running a very fun contest and one that doesn't feel in any way scary or threatening. Once again, Thank you very much!

cwshorty ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 8:44 PM

Firefly, Thank you so much, that is exactly what I was trying to do make it fun, I am so happy that you are enjoying it. All of the image have been great!

cwshorty ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 1:20 PM

Awfully quiet around here, must mean that everybody is hard at work LOL....%^)

SQS ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 5:19 PM

There are still a few more hours! Just be patient, I'm sure there will be a last minute flurry!

firefly ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 9:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=firefly

file_1432.jpg

Here it is!! My entry for the "CW Shorty Flower Contest". I've called it spring morning and there are credits to the artists who created the our contest flower, the Cathedral, Butterfly Wings and Fence material at my Renderosity page along with a larger version of the picture. Thank you CW!! It was a lot of work but fun. Sipapu, where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu????

cwshorty ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 9:45 PM

Very nice!!! Hey you've still got time for one more ROFL, OK OK, I won't push it - and you are very welcome. Yea Sipapu where are ya!!!

firefly ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 9:59 PM

CW Shorty, you're too funny!!!

Sipapu ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 10:04 PM

No time to say hello, goodbye...I'm late, I'm late, I'm late. But I'll be back!

firefly ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 10:11 PM

Ah, ah! Someones been drinking tea says Alice......(smiles)_

cwshorty ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 10:26 PM

Sipapu, you've got plenty of time!! As for firefly....VBG.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.