Sat, Sep 21, 1:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Getting rid of unwanted sections of clothing

cmjackson ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 4:06 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:43 AM

I've just made a transparency map for the V2 catsuit, it transforms the catsuit into a halter neck top, i set all transparencies to 100% so just the top is showing but if i apply a highlight to it the highlight shows up on all the catsuit and makes the see through bits look like plastic wrapping, how can i get the highlight to just appear on the top its self and nowhere else.

Routledge ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 4:23 AM

Hi, chynagirly2k. On a figure you can make individual bodyparts visible or not. Double click the part or use the object property menus and you get a "visible" tickbox. As the catsuit is a figure it should work for this too B) Cheers Mark

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 4:35 AM

Set all colors of the mats to 100 black except from the first one.set your highlight and reflections to zero, that should fix it

Routledge ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 5:11 AM

Actually, thinking about it you may have hit one of Posers foibles/quirks. If you are trying to get rid of part of the catsuit on say, the collars, with a trans map AND add a highlight to the same area as well, it appears it cant be done. The highlight seems to always get priority. Ive seen even marketplace items that have this problem of highlight and transmaps clashing, so even some Pros cant cure it. I would love to be proved wrong as I would like to do some more work on a hair item that would be massively improved by highlights.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 8:03 AM

I'm not sure, but I think while I was playing around with making some trim invisible on a French Maid outfit, turning the transparency falloff down to 0 and both transparencies up to 100, that helped. But also, that was on small trim and not a whole bodypart, so it may not work on something larger. Still, can't hurt to give it a shot, ne?

jaybutton ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 9:08 AM

file_1702.jpg

Hi chynagirly2k, I had this same problem about a month ago making the catsuit for this outfit and the kind folks here at Renderosity helped me fix the problem. Here's what I did: 1. Use the same map for the texture map AND the transparency map. 2. Set the Object Color to pure black 3. Set Transparency Min and Max to 100% I think that is everything I did to get it work. Let me know if you have any problems. :) Jay

cmjackson ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 12:22 PM

Excellent it worked, it seams you must have something loaded in the texture map box, trans map or a texture map. It didn't work when the texture map's image fills the hole document, but if working in Photoshop and in layers the texture is just applied to the parts of the catsuit u require then flood fill the rest of the document with black that does the trick. Thanxs for everyones help Claire xxxxx

cmjackson ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 12:22 PM

Excellent it worked, it seams you must have something loaded in the texture map box, trans map or a texture map. It didn't work when the texture map's image fills the hole document, but if working in Photoshop and in layers the texture is just applied to the parts of the catsuit u require then flood fill the rest of the document with black that does the trick. Thanxs for everyones help Claire xxxxx

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.