Fri, Sep 20, 1:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Okay, Fractalforce team... whadda we want?

Micheleh ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 10:22 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:39 PM

Gimme an F!! Gimme an R!! Gimme an A!! Gimme a C!!! Gimme a .... forum with a shorter name, jeez! Gimme feedback! I am going to do everything I can to make this forum for the members, by the members. So, what do you want to see? Where do you want it to go? (I know, a gallery- I'm working on it!) ;] Contests? Prizes? Challenges? Tutorials? Collaborations (a multi layer image collage... why not?)? Your wish is my command! (Well, about fractals. Get your own coffee.) 8] 8] 8] 8] 8]

BlueRose ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 11:25 PM

Dont Drink Coffee :) gasp Contests, Prizes and Challenges all sound good, tho with the diversity of the programs we use, could be a challenge in and off themselves. Perhaps a poll to see who is here and who is using what, and rotate them depending on the popularity of the programs? Theme Challenges are good, and that way it doesnt really matter what program you use, as you create the image as to how you see it in your program eg Flowers, Rainbow, Spiral, Abstract are all ideas you could use for a Theme challenge. Always keen on Prizes, even if its an award gif to go up on a webpage :)

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 11:48 PM

how about the most unusual, creative use of a fractal as a contest?

Micheleh ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 2:10 AM

Cool. I'm posting a contest tomorrow, and challenges could be a member to member thing- someone could say "I challenge anyone to do a good whatever" like in renderwars. Tutorials as they occur, a gallery when we get one... anything else?

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 2:24 AM

tutorials on a number of things including writing formulas are available at http://cyberwizards.com/~hub/fractal/tutorials

OrchidDave ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 2:14 PM

Writing formula is beyond my little brain's capabilities!! I agree with all of the suggestions above.....Dave'O

Micheleh ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 2:46 PM

Hi, OrchidDave! I know, I'm not a formula guru by any stretch. We can help each other learn, here... that's what I like.

Patricia ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 12:51 PM

(Portentious {sp?} music in a minor key, building to a basso profundo rumble...) THE FRACTAL FORCE is here!!!!! Maybe we could have that weird annoying fractal music come out of our computer's speakers when we log on? NO??? shucks Actually .....I love the idea of themed challenges. Sometimes that's what it takes to get me off my *** and fractalling. Maybe some esoteric themes--like Dark Magic or Spirit Forms or 6th Dimensional Portraits or, my all time favorite, Portals! Portals to Space or to Other Realities or Other Planets.......??

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 1:20 PM

Self Portraits

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.