Sat, Sep 21, 12:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: ECHO echo echo...

adam ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2000 at 12:50 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:52 PM

It has been oftly quiet around here. This not much of what I have expected. Does anybody want to share any interesting tips they found out about photoshop or any links? Anything to make this forum as interesting as it was in the beginning? Anybody? Hello hello hello. Someone told me about a cool tutorial on how to make galaxies in photoshop. I forgot the URL, sorry. -Adam

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 3:54 AM

Hi Adam, because i am a newcomer in photoshop 5.0.2 i would like to have some information/tips/tutorials on software and/or plugins, too. Is there anybody out there who can help?

jnmoore ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 4:25 AM

For starters try Adobe. They have tips and a user forum, too. www.adobe.com/products/tips/photoshop.html I'll see what I can come up with in the way of links to other sites as time permits...

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 4:27 AM

thanks for the link jim! i will have a look at it soon. feel free to post some more links :o) if i find one, i will give it to you, too. promised!

jnmoore ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 4:37 AM

Check out the 2D Graphics forum (see side bar at right) there are some threads there that discuss filters, techniques, etc. for PhotoShop and other paint programs.

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 4:43 AM

uhoh, there's a 2D-section, too? ;o) twinkle

jnmoore ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 4:58 AM

I just posted a tip on using the displacement filter in thread #6 (anyone want to discuss their favorite filters). Enjoy!

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 5:03 AM

may i see a before and after picture of the effect you described there? if you (and everybody else) like to, send email to: emailnow@gmx.de

jnmoore ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 5:18 AM

It may take me awhile to find the picture because I did this 2 or 3 years ago, but when I get home (in about 2 hours) I'll see if I can come up with it for you...

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 5:22 AM

fine, thank you for your kindness! i am able to see them tomorrow in my mailbox when i come back to work. i am off in 90 minutes :o) if you can not find them, dont mind. i will try some "easy" effects first :o) i'm currently on the adobe-site. well, its a good start to get an overview of the plugins youre talking about..

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 5:33 AM

well..heres a (not just) photoshop related link. tell me your comments of what you think about it, please. it seems to be serious, if you have other thoughts about it, pls tell me. http://eye.box.sk/

adam ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 12:15 PM

Well, there seems to be a two person conversation going on here. I have never seen someone respond so fast. WOW! I am sorry to inturrupt you converstion, but I would like to say thanx a lot you tow for the interesting links. When I have more time I will look farther into them. And Delrino, you will absolutly love photoshop. I have never seen such a great and helpful program!! It is a lot of fun to play around with, and it can give an image a totally different feel to it. And JnMoore, if you don't mind it would be great if you can send me a before and after look at the filter. Thanx a lot!! -Adam afanton@mindspring.com

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 11:13 PM

hi Adam! Well, i am sitting here at the userhelpdesk and waiting for a call to come...theres enough time to answer the postings here :o) I work(ed) with corel photopaint and photoshop seems to be a little bit different. i am a beginner in photoshop, so i'll try to dive in slowly. are there any (much?) plugins for free around here or somewhere else?

jnmoore ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:24 AM

Delrino & Adam, I finally found the pictures, but didn't have time to do anything with them. I'll try to get them off to you both when I get home.

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:27 AM

hey JN (what does it stand for) dont think about working on them. i am just interested in the looking of the effect. so i have somewhat like a basis to play around with the filter you described. thanks a lot for your effort!

adam ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 2:31 AM

Well, LoboUK gave us this link... http://www.sandwater.com/download.html. I absolutly love these filters! You can download these filters for free. When I find more free filters, I will let you all know. And like Delrino said, don't worry about the images. If it is a lot of work then you don't have to send it. It's no problem. Thanx anyway!! -Adam

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 2:45 AM

Hey Adam, thank you for posting the link here. And of course thanx loboUK for posting the link!! I had a look at it. Wow, that plugins are all for free? stunning! wheres the reason to buy commercial plugins then? the free ones seem to be rather professional, too.

jnmoore ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 3:52 AM

No big thing, they're hi-rez so just need to drop the resolution and combine them into one picture so I don't overwhlem your mail server.

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 3:59 AM

that would be nice JN! looking forward to have a look into the "secrets of photoshop" :o)

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 4:02 AM

...and ADAM... you, of course, do not disturb the conversation here. it was your posting that started this "discussion", so join in and have fun with us. laughing and learning as i do :o)

jnmoore ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 8:19 AM

Adam & Delrino, I started a new thread with the photo attached - enjoy! Jim Moore

adam ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:25 PM

Like they say, the best things are FREE!! Thanx a lot Jnmoore for going out of your way to enlighten us with this cool filter. I am so glad my message in a way made this forum a little more exciting, despite the fact that there are only 3 of us responding. But hey, as long as we are having fun and learning, it's all good. = p . Thanx guy -Adam JnMoore, just curious, where is the thread?

adam ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:29 PM

oh, found it!! That filter is truly amazing!! I love how photoshop allows you to do anything and everything you want. Fun Fun Fun. Thanx J

jnmoore ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 6:16 PM

Delrino & Adam: Here's a great link to some way out filters that someone posted awhile back www.sandwater.com/products.html They've got 3 freebies at the end of the list. I've heard rave reviews from the forum on the Aetherize filter. Jim

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 11:12 PM

Wow, saw the picture. THATs (at least one of the things) what you can do with photoshop?? Amazing! Is the transformtool for free? Thank you very much for posting the pictures. Now i got a little idea of what to do (errrm..what to learn) :o)

Hopalong ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 11:21 PM

The most educational echo I've heard in a long time. Just went to Sandwater/ Flaming Pear: great stuff! Thanks for the link. Keep talking while we lurk and learn. Thanks... Hopalong

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 11:25 PM

Hi Hopalong! Your welcome like everybody else. If you have anything about photoshop you want to share with us, feel free to do it :o)

adam ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2000 at 12:30 AM

Welcome to the famous "Echo", Hopalong. This message is more successful than I thought it would be. I was hoping to make this forum more enjoyable, and now I am posting hte 28th response. Thanx everyone!! Yeah, thanx a lot for posting the link, Jim. I posted the link earier on in this message, but I never saw all the downloads, only a couple. Hmmm. I guess they updated the site in the past few weeks. Anyway, anybody else who wants to join the conversation, please feel free. We all will help as much as we can. I am still trying to find the galaxy tutorial for photoshop, but haven't had much luck. I will get back to you -Adam

jnmoore ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2000 at 2:38 AM

Delrino, The free tranform tool comes with PhotoShop. You can access it a piece at a time from the edit(I think)menu or you can press Command T(Apple)/Alt T(PC). Using the keyboard shortcut mixes all of it's incarnations into one tool. Adam, 'Sorry, I realized you posted the kink to Sandwater only AFTER I posted it. Tip of the day: --------------- Unsharp Masking (actually it sharpens): Work with the highest resolution you have memory (or patience) for as the tool will leave artifacts at low resolutions (below 1000 dpi in my experience). Also, keep the radius slider below 3.0 for most images (higher settings can alter the image substantially). Before using any sharpening tool, do all color correction, white point balance (levels command), and contrast adjustments BEFORE sharpening the image as all of these items will affect the apparent sharpness of your image.

Delrino ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2000 at 2:58 AM

ups..thank you. i havent figured out all plugins/functions in photoshop yet. thank you a lot for the hint! hey, the idea of a "tip of the day" is great. keep it if you have a lot of tips for us :o)

adam ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2000 at 3:52 PM

GREAT JIM!! I love the idea of "Tip of the Day". Where do you find the tips? or do you just think of them? It's no problem that you reposted the link. In fact, it helped me. I didn't go back to sandwater for a while, and I found a few more downloads I didn't notice. Thanx for the tip. -Adam

trimegisto ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 6:25 AM

Hey. Just one more link for you guys to check out. http://www.netins.net/showcase/wolf359/plugins.htm Enjoy!

Delrino ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 6:31 AM

hi "three times great one" :o) thanks for the link, i for one have already been there yesterday. well done site with loads of plugins.

trimegisto ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 9:39 AM

Hi Delrino I'm not a native English speaker but shouldn't it be something like "Thrice Great". Does this make sense? Just chekin' :-)

adam ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 2:00 PM

WOW. Thanx for the link Trimegisto. I believe it is Thrice Great, but don't take my word for it

Delrino ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 11:07 PM

Hey Adam & trimegisto, well i'm not native english speaker,too...so don't mind if i took it that wrong :o) thanks for correcting :o)

adam ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 11:54 PM

Haha, no problem Delrino. Like I said, it may be Thrice Great, but you could still be right...we will never know (unless someone esle posts the correct saying).

Delrino ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 11:59 PM

Adam :o) we started this thread speaking about tips/plugins. do you have the KPT6? woah, they are great plugins! (I had a little look at them yesterday). And did you noticed that bryce4 has the (or just some?) KPT3s plugins included?

adam ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 1:01 AM

I have KTP 3 and 5. I only use EyeCandy and filters in Other. I still need play around with my other filters, hopefully getting some oooh's and aaaah's. I don't have KPT6 yet. It isn't free for download, is it? I did notice KPT3s for Bryce, but I don't use it that much. I just edit my textures in Photoshop and then import it, not needing to adjust much. I will look into the other filters and hopefully KPT6. -Adam I feel like I have made many new friends by posting this thread. Thanx everybody!!

Delrino ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 1:13 AM

Adam can you give me a short description of eye candy? i know that everybody loves it, but what does it do and is it for free? KPT6 isn't for free, i had a look at it at a friends computer. i think i'm going to buy it next days. you had a great idea with posting this thread! i feel like i'm welcome, too :o)

adam ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 1:28 AM

Antimatter, Carve, Chrome, Cut out, drop shadow, fur, fire, glass, glow (favorite), noise, inner bevel, jiggle, motion trail, outer bevel, shadow, smoke, squint, star, swirl, water drops, and weave. These are all Eye Candy 3.0's cool filters. It is great for just about anything. -Adam *I was beyond successful with this thread. I wanted to make this forum just a little bit more exciting, and people learned, people laughed, and people made friends. Just curious, does anybody know if this is one of the longest threads at renderosity?

Delrino ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 1:33 AM

wow..i should get eyecandy immediately,hm?! don't know if its the longest thread, but to me it's the most interesting one at the moment. :o) keep on posting! smiles and everybody else is invited, of course! Karsten

trimegisto ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 6:07 AM

Eye Candy is really a one of the best plugins but maybe you should also try Blade Pro. And what about the old Genesis FX It's great! PS: Delrino, you can also say "three times great" but it doesn't sound right, at least in english.

Delrino ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 6:15 AM

trimegisto, yes i think you and Adam are right. i love to be corrected in this friendly way. so keep it on any mistakes i make. could you give an explanation/desciption of the plugins you named? would be nice..thanks you Karsten

jnmoore ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 7:21 AM

'Sorry I've been away for awhile! If you are using a Mac (or maybe this is for PC's to?) check out Art Explosion 525,000. It has 37 CD's full of clip art, Photos, font's, etc and (at least for the Mac) it comes with Eye Candy 3.0 and Adobe Go Live Cyber Studio for FREE. Price is $149.00, BUT Eye Candy goes for $119.00, so that's a pretty good deal. I got it at Mac Wharehouse and they have a PC Wharehouse, too. Don't have the url handy, but you should be able to find it pretty easy with Yahoo or one of those.

trimegisto ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 11:09 AM

Delrino: Get the demo version of Blade Pro at: www.flamingpear.com and of Genesis at: http://www.genesisfx.com/ The demos speak for themselves... Enjoy!

trimegisto ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 12:59 PM

Can it be Panopticum Lens Pro? http://www.panopticum.com/ BTW: Delrino, with all this talk I forgot to tell you how much I apreciated the fact that you recognize my alias. It's good to know that somebody out there shares my interest in ancient mithology.

trimegisto ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 1:05 PM

Sorry guys, I don't have then here at hand so I think I messed up. A_weirdo must be talking about Flare Effects http://www.axionfx.com/ Am I right?

adam ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 1:38 PM

Here is a brief description of some of Eye Candy: Chrome-makes the image look like a book (pretty fun to play with), fur- you can select an area and add fur (you can change the length of the fur effect and the waviness), fire- excellent select an area and fire will be coming off of it (you can change the colors of the flames), water drops-make an image or a selected area look like a waterdrop, and smoke- (see fire). These all are excellent filters! (Delrino, I don't know if you were asking me or trimegisto about the filters, so I gave you a description of it incase). Thanx for posting the demos, Trimegisto. I will download them as soon as I get home. And A_Weirdo... where did you come up with that ID name? Just curious -Adam

Hopalong ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 3:51 PM

"Thrice great" or "Three times great", Trimegisto? The original is "Trismegistus", which the Oxford Classical Dictionary says is "a clumsy translation of Egyptian "Thoth the very great" with the adjective emphasized by repetition. Which means simply that in Egyptian the titlefor Hermesis the equivalent to "Thoth great great great....", meaning mucho, mucho, mucho great Thoth...(echo, echo, echo).Thanks for the link, Trimegisto, and thanks to everyone else. Working with the "repetition" aspect on an object with the hieroglyphic for Thoth in Amorphium and if this thread lasts long enough perhaps I can get advice with retouching textures and final image in Adobe, with or without filters. Or maybe we could have an echo, echo, echo great great great Thoth contest, with tips and different versions of same or different images. Posted the Oxford reference yeserday but it didn't go through. Thanks again all.

trimegisto ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 7:11 PM

I already knew all that version of the translation but I rather use one another, from a book supposed to be writen by Hermes Trimegistus himself. Never mind! Thanks for your opinion anyway!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.