Sat, Sep 21, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Something is missing, can you help?

thenodemaster ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 11:33 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

file_2777.jpg

Hiyas! Well, I have been incognito for a while and have been working furiously on a bunch of pics just as fast as they pop into my head. Now, for the bad news: something is missing from the pic above, but I cannot figure out what it is. Any suggestions? The leaves and branch and cloth were done in 3D Studio MAX as were her metal wings. Not sure where I got the dagger, but you know who you are. The texture is Shreboy's Laini--wonderfully COMPLETELY detailed texture! Anyway, TNX in advance for the help!

Wampyir ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 11:48 PM

This is a BEAUTIFUL image. The only thing that looks awry to me is the shadows...notice how her arm is casting a shadow on the (lilly?), but her stretched out leg is not. The leg looks flat, where the arm looks three-dimensional. That's the only thing wrong that I can see, and it doesn't detract from this at all.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 11:51 PM

Looks good. I think such a spot inside a bunch of leaves would be darker withperhaps some strong leaf shadows accross her body. The light seems pointed at her face from the camera and might be better above with a tiiny spot on her face. Some soft yelow and pale grean lights might be nice. Her arm looks like it is resting on the branch but the shadow on the cloth suggests it is floating. Try making the color of the hair and clothes a bit darker. just some ideas.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Barbarellany ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 12:16 AM

I would add a touch of luster to the skin texture. She seems flat compared to her environment. You could either add a low strenght reflection map, or if you have Photo shop, COPY the texture, add a layer and fill it with a soft clear yellow. Erase from eyewhites, teeth,& lashes. Change opacity to around 10%, Save as a psd first (incase you want to make more adjustments) then as a high quality jpeg. This effect can breathe life into the skin when all surfaces around are luminous. BTW, Laini is a great texture.

Legume ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 1:20 PM

underwear?

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 6:01 PM

With her left arm elevated the way it is, she would be using her stomach and back to support her, turning her face red after a short while, hehe. Basically what I'm saying is you should lower the arm so it touches the surface she is laying on.

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 8:07 PM

Depth of field. Although the distant background is appropriately blurred out, both the leaves in front and behind the figure are of equal sharpness. The most foreground leaves--those directly in front of the lens--should be softer (slightly blurred).

Also, her wings are a bit odd. Hard to tell what they were until I read your post.

thenodemaster ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 8:16 PM

file_2778.jpg

Well, thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate the advice. Well, above is the final pic. I left her arm off the leaf as she is just turning around to look at the camera. The leave are roughty the same focus becuase they are not too far from each other or the model. The wings are just a little bit of fun--wanted to prove to myself I could model simple things. Anyway, here is the final render!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.