Tue, Oct 22, 12:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Fishies!

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 10:06 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:52 PM

Attached Link: When Will My Gallery Have Vue Pics?

heyas; vegetation is cool, but vue could use more fishies! anyhow, since silverbranch and tesign posted some underwater pics, i hadda out-do em ya know ;D this does NOT have every single marine creature that mitch has made. the krabbe is not there. and the sea turtle is fasttraxx's. oh, and the angel fish from zygote. (i shoulda used one of mitch's photo fish textures on it!) oh! silly me, i almost forgot the brain coral. it's something i whipped up in amorphium... and that weird wiggly texture somehow became my default texture for this session. looked good. :🤷: the scalar fish doesnt seem to have a body, so those are flats with trans-maps. i edited the colour map for that and left the fin tips semi-transparent. if you want the transmaps for 'em, lemme know. didnt do any special watery light rays or anything. (this time around.) ;)

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 1:12 AM

Wonnerful!! Where'd you get the anemone lookin' thing? And is the seaweed actually that Vue plant (starts with a C but looks like gladiola leaves) that came with the program? Kate

JEDI3 ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 1:59 AM

Hello Bloodsong, Very cool picture. I it an oyster on the left ? The texture looks fine. I hurry that "VUE Stuff exchange Area" arrives :) Regards Pascal

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 10:42 AM

heyas; that thing on the left is (supposedly) brain coral. :) kate: right; there are three plants i used, the new red coral (you can d/l it), the tropical broad leafed thingy, and the tall skinny seaweed is that... whateveryacallit plant that looks like... well, like that. ;) i am not a botanist!! those cool anemones are from mitch. i was gonna post a link to his site, but forgot. here it is, but be warned, since he moved, i have NEVER gotten this link to work :/ http://w2.altenglan.de/mitch/ can't find it under www..... either. :/ i'll ask debbie. hey, i even found the scalar model in the sample pics, but you can still apply that fin transparency to it. ;)

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 10:45 AM

aha! found it! try this: http://www.mitch3dseite.de/ he also made the jelly fish, starfish, koral (the thin red coral near the angel fish), and stingrays (that murky spade-shaped thing in the background is a stingray).

silverbranch ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 12:41 PM

Vey Cool! I love the turtle. I've been to Mitch's site...he has some fantastic stuff. Unfortunately a lot are Bryce objects. :-( So I can't use most of them. The Clivia (?) I looks good as seaweed. Gail

tesign ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 8:34 PM

Hellu Bloodsong, About your image...nice going but there is one thing wrong though? You are mixing saltwater and freshwater species in a single bound G Bill

headhunter ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 9:41 PM

Wellll... As long as Jacques Cousteau isn't looking we won't tell anyone about the saltwater/freshwater thing will we? I'm checking out Mitch's site as I write. Unfortunately my knowledge of German is minimal but he has some cool stuff there.

headhunter ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 9:47 PM

BTW, Bongo - as far as you know does there seem to be any way to get Vue to import Bryce files without a full copy of Bryce or is this just an "internal" trick of Bryce's?

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 7:34 AM

dammit, jim! i'm an ARTIST, not a marine biologist! ;D

headhunter ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 12:29 PM

Maybe the saltwater fish are on a low-sodium diet and had to move to a better climate ?

headhunter ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 3:54 PM

Saw 'em. I'm not sure if the demo I have will let me export but I'll give it a try. (If I can find the thing again) :)

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 5:00 PM

anyway; this is an effluvial coral reef, where the fresh river water flows into the saline ocean water, and fish of both types meet and co-mingle. effluvial coral reefs are very rare; the only one known to mankind is the one just offa bongo's island.... ;) now about mitch's site. all the stuff i ever saw there is in 3ds format. i dunno what bryce stuff you are talking about. or are you guys talking about fasttraxx??

headhunter ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 9:17 PM

No, I was noticing a lot of OBS as well as 3DS stuff. I got the jellyfish and an octopus (or squid, whatever "krake" means in German. I can only find my Russian, Japanese & Spanish dictionaries when I want to look up something in German! Figures...) The link to the crab seemed to be broken. I wanted that sucker too!

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2000 at 5:35 PM

its an octopus. the qualle are the jellyfish. turn off the java and check the links, because some of them link to something/something/zipfile.zip, and that's obviously wrong. just type in the correct / there. nope, can't recall seeing any obs there, only 3ds. :🤷:

headhunter ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2000 at 9:07 PM

I knew jellyfish. "Krake" is also Norwegian for a sea monster (kraken) believed to be the Giant Squid. That's what threw me. Anyway, it has tentacles... But as for the crab, Silverbranch pointed me to a working link. I've already downloaded the pesky crustacean. Thanx again Silv' !

headhunter ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2000 at 9:19 PM

Bloodsong: Oops, actually they're OBP, not OBS. Not familiar with Bryce extensions... Anyway the 2 Rohrenwurmen on pg1 are OBP, so are the 2 Anemone & the Seealgen on the next page. They're not in one place, just peppered thruout the pages.

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 11:40 AM

ohhhhhh.... how do you tell before you d/l them? obp's are useless to me :/ lol, and some of these things are obj, not 3ds.... now i'm soooo confooooozed! :)

headhunter ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 1:39 PM

Just mouse over them and it gives you the file info. Somewhere in there it'll say what format it's in.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.