Fri, Sep 20, 11:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: UltraFractal- Fractal Depths

OrchidDave ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 6:24 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 3:04 AM

file_3812.jpg

3 layers....100% UltraFractal

OrchidDave ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 6:26 PM

file_3813.jpg

Wizardly Web...more UltraFractal

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 10:10 PM

That second one is my favorite....I wish, I wish I could watch over the shoulder of an UltraFractal user and see how you manipulate the fractals. You get effects like those neat burgundy-colored shades overlapping each other....I have yet to figure out how to do that (and a lot of other things I see here!) with the free and shareware for Macs that I've been experimenting with..............

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 11:04 PM

well part of it is because ultrafractal allows you to make several layers and merge them. you can do the EXACT same thing patricia, you just have to make several fractals, then import them into a paint program and use them as layers in the same picture. Ultrafractal also allows you to play with the alpha channel and really, it's a nice fractal program but it's much more a paint program that makes fractals than a fractal exploration program. try this. use your fractal program to make a spiral with shades of blue. then use it to make a spiral with shades of red. take them into a paint program, use the blue for layer1 and the red for layer 1. play with the merge effects and filters and see what you can get. for more information visit janet presslers ultrafractal tutorial pages and read through them. it'll give you a fairly good idea of how things are being created.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.