Wed, Sep 18, 5:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Foleypros EffectFreebies Contest - My Entry

derjimi ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2002 at 1:20 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 8:03 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=165561&Start=1&Sectionid=2&WhatsNew=Yes

file_3571.jpg

Hi, this is my entry for the contest Foleypro started. I used the torch smoke from his EffectFreebies, and using them was a great new way to add effects to the scene. Thank you again Foleypro for the free effects. This is my first contest-entry ever. It was plain fun to do the image and as everytime I learned a much by creating it as I am still new to Bryce. Thank you for viewing - comments are _very_ welcome. Take care, Jimi

derjimi ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 6:15 AM

Hm... Obviously my picture isn't good enough. :_(

Sipapu ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 10:55 AM

Not good enough...for what? Hmmmm. I have seriously been thinking of saving myself a lot of time by not entering because of your image. I'm still a Bryce newbie myself and have entered only a couple of contests and one challenge. But I've found that these competitions are a great way to push myself both artistically and technically. So keep at it, Jimi, 'cause you're doing great!!!

derjimi ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 12:10 PM

Oh... well... blush Thank you, Sipapu. And I beg you - don't think about not entering - your previous pictures are very good. I'm a beginner with Bryce - with the whole 3D art - too. And your images are a joy to look at - "Birthplace of the Three Sisters" is my favorite one. Do me and you a favour and join the competition - and using Foleypro's effects will double the fun! :) Take care, Jimi

Sipapu ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 3:49 PM

My turn to blush, Jimi! Thank you so much for your kind words. Like you, I'm a beginner with all 3D art. I've done as well as I have in Bryce up to this point only because of a terrific on-line beginner's class that I finished last month. Right now I'm taking an on-line beginner's PSP7 class. I used to be able to teach myself just about any application I wanted to learn, but I really felt the need for classes this time around. OK. If I can squeeze out the time, I'll definitely work on an image for the competition. Foleypro's effects do look like fun to work with. And it's not as though I don't have almost a whole month. Thanks for the encouragement!

foleypro ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 7:49 PM

file_3572.jpg

Hey sorry I havent been in lately but things have been hecktic what with trying to figure out the tutorials AND I say this folks I have re-done the tutorial and it is there for download EVEN IF THE THUMBNAIL IS NOT THERE THE DOWNLOAD IS for the longest time I cant figure out why the thumbnail shows then doesnt show...anyways get the download and read the tutorial and then let your imagination go wild....Try this how about useing the Torchfire and Smoke at the end of a gun for the Blast effect or the flare on the edge of a sword with the Motion Trail( with the transparency settings at about 85-90%) behind the sword...or even the Magical blast squished for a laser blast...There are many possibilities amd as for beingnew we all are at some point I was as is everybody who does this I learn something new eveytime I go to a different website or for every Pic I view...Only you can stop your self from reaching out and grasping what can and will make you and all better It is your choice...Hey but lets have some fun everybody like I always say........B3D

P.S.S The pic is just another use for the full effects Package

foleypro ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 7:52 PM

BTW excellent pic love the textures and the modeling abilities you show here there is a whole lot going on in this scene and I love to see scenes slammed you have done a very fine job....

Sipapu ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 8:14 PM

Foleypro, I may be totally wrong, but it looks to me as though the source for that pic is pointing to your hard drive instead of a folder at topcities: src="file:///C:/Foleypro/Foleypro%20Tutorials/Effects%20pic.jpg"

foleypro ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 10:00 PM

Yeah the one on topcities always shows I was talking about the one in the Bryce Free stuff or even on my Artist Page the Thumbnail doesnt show up but the downloads are there...

Sipapu ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 11:41 PM

Oh, I should have been clearer. I got that source code from topcities, where I couldn't get your picture to show.

foleypro ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 6:14 AM

I am going to be redoing website this coming weekend and I hope to get things right...that is my first site that I have built that is why it is so crappy and dead links everywhere...Anyways get those entries in folks I am anxious to see some more...

derjimi ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 11:09 AM

Foleypro, if I can give you a helping hand with your webpage just mail me. --> jimipage@gmx.net If you can read german you also can visit my page www.pinguhuhn.de for tutorials and tips, webdesign etc. included. If you need advice with HTML I can also help you - don't be afraid of asking. :) Take care, Jimi

foleypro ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 7:31 AM

Sir I might be contacting you about that website...

derjimi ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 7:48 AM

Well, go on, you're welcome. :)

foleypro ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2002 at 7:00 AM

Hey I like how you attached the link to the picture here Everybody should do it that way..then the judges can click on the links to get to the pics cool....But so far I only see one entry....

derjimi ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2002 at 12:53 PM

Quote: "But so far I only see one entry.... " Well, good for me, I guess. I really WANT these effects to win! ;-)) Attaching the link seemed logical to me - so everybody could comment or rate it there or in this thread. :) Take care, Jimi

derjimi ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 3:01 PM

Important announcement: since becoming a beta tester of the Effects Package, my image will NOT take part of the competition any more - I'm disqualified. :) So we are waiting again for the first entry of the competition - come on, I want to see some great images! :) Take care, Jimi

foleypro ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 3:13 PM

I agree if the tutorial was all that was stopping folks go get it from my site it works perfect...also folks go to 3dcafe.com and download some aliens or demons or even dinasaurs or mech robots and use my free effects package to simulate laser fire or evebn explosions if you apply the Magical blast to a circle then duplicate it and move back in the scene a fraction and always make sure that the sun or moon is directly behind the camera or director and have all shadow settins turned too off...You can let your imagination run wild go get some models and import them and have fun just two weeks left folks....

foleypro ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 3:15 PM

Attached Link: http://foleypro.topcities.com/downloads.htm

Link to the tutorial

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.