Tue, Oct 22, 1:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Please Read This

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 1:39 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:27 AM

I don't think that I'm supposed to say anything about this quite yet, but I've decided to do so anyway. Because you, the Vue forum regulars here are my friends, I would feel badly for not making this known to you. Covert operations simply aren't my MO. ;) As of the end of April, I will be resigning as a moderator here. I have alot of things planned in my life, and I just simply will not be able to continue as I have been. I've always taken this "mod thing" fairly seriously, and if I can't continue to put in the time, it's time to let someone else who can, have it. Now, this doesn't mean that I'm leaving the site or anything like that. It just means that my user name will no longer be at the top of this forum, and I won't get to do neat stuff like edit that announcements box thingie. ;) If you want to blame anyone for this, blame Varian. No...... I'm only kidding! Had to get in a a last shot at Varian though. For those who have been around here long enough, you'll know that might be an "austonamtic" reaction on my part to simply blame Varian. ;) Special thanks for all the fun here go out to all of you! This has been sooooo cool! Very extra special thanks to bloodsong for opening the door to this place for me, a year and 1/2 ago. I will never forget that bloodosng, you GOOF! There! Ha! My turn! ;) Well, that's about it. I will still be here, just not as a Renderosity employee. :) Now get back to work! Mike

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 1:54 PM

Thanks for your hard work, no matter how fun, or not, it was!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 2:26 PM

Thanks Mike for helping us along, we couldn't have done it without your great guidence. You are most knowledgable and we always rely on your wisdom. I don't know what we would have done without you, I am glad you are not leaving permanently whewwwwy. Mike and Sharen

NightVoice ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 3:01 PM

I may be new, but glad you are sticking around as you were one of many who made me feel welcome. :)

Varian ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 3:15 PM

Mike, since this is the Vue forum and you're among friends, I think you could "come clean" and tell the whole truth. There is no shame in the fact that you need extra time for your special therapy sessions to help control and overcome your austonamtic syndrome. We all understand...the full Bull! grin

tradivoro ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 3:51 PM

Hey Mike, sorry you'll no longer be moderator.. I don't know if you started it, but thanks to the way this forum was run, is one of the main reasons I became a Vue user, and I'm sure that you were a great part of that.. When I first started to come here, I felt welcome and it was a friendly place, as I'm sure others will continue to attest to the fact... So yeah, the software is great, but so are the people... :) I'm glad you'll still be hanging round, inasmuch as you won't get to do cool stuff like edit the announcement box thingie... :)

Jilly ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 3:54 PM

Ahhh Mike! You's goin? Phooey! Anyway, good luck and although your name wont be at the top of the page I dare say we'll still see it in the threads eh?

Bop ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 4:59 PM

Does this mean you left us in mid of night, snow and wolves ? ;-) OK, so now, we all welcome you to your all new life of simple users... If you need help, psychologic support, we'll be there !grin Thanks for your sincerity

audity ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 4:59 PM

:(

rain ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 5:33 PM

I tend to lurk in here but you've always been so helpful and I always enjoy looking at your latest works. Thanks for everything! :-)

tesign ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 6:52 PM

Hello Mike...a job well done! :) Bill TesignArts

Axe555 ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 7:18 PM

Well Mike, I hope things go well for you in your personal life. I'm glad you aren't leaving completely because I've seen nothing but fair, level-headed, and helpful from you since I first started coming here. Rich

jstro ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 7:37 PM

You've always been a big help here, and I suspect you still will be. Guess this means you are no longer going to mod the modeling forum either? At least I think that's you over there. Anyway, good luck in all that you do. You are a class act. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 8:10 PM

:) Nice hearing from y'all on this! Umm, yeah, that's correct, I'm not vanishing, just not going to be here in an "official" capacity any longer. And Varian, you are right, the therapy takes up entirely too much time! Jon, well, I never was mod of the modeling forum. I simply volunteered to try to do a little with it. We mods all have access to all those seemingly un-moderated forums, so why not, eh? It is my hope that a general modeling forum will one day get the attention and care it deserves. :)

sittingblue ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 9:15 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your resigning as moderator. You do an outstanding job. :[

Charles

genny ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 9:59 PM

Yes, Mike, you did an outstanding job and you will be missed. I just want to thank you for all you help and wish you the best in what-ever you do. (: Genny

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 10:19 PM

I know how real life can be sometimes. It was a pleasure to have to around as a moderator. I first showed up here because of you (remember the Alien Summer ?) and I am glad I stayed. You will be missed... well... maybe not that much since you will still hang around here :)

the3dgm ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 5:24 AM

Unfortunate, however, the best of luck to you Mike!

YL ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 5:39 AM

It's a shame that you leave this moderator role, Mike ! But you are still on this forum with us, it's the most important thing ! :=) Yves

Rynn ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 5:51 AM

Thank you for all the time you have put into this forum in the past, and good luck to you.

TheWingedOne ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 10:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=TheWingedOne

Mike, I'd like to thank you personally, too. Thanks for all the help you provided us. Altough I didn't even posted a Vue image yet your comments, hints, suggestions and advices on various postings helped a lot. I'm looking forward to see being around from time to time. My best whishes to you and may all your plans/dreams come true. Cheers, Phil

bluevenus ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 3:52 PM

Thanks for all your help thus-far. I'm glad you'll still be around :) Good luck!

Rimkopf ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 8:20 PM

Bye Moderator Mike, welcome member Mike.

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 5:20 AM

The important, Mike is, that you stay with us:-);-) Guitta

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 3:15 PM

Ditto! :)

Odyssey ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 6:21 PM

Thank you for all your help :) I am probably the most shy person on earth, and the Vue forum is actually the first one I posted messages because you always made everyone feel welcomed in here :) Of course, that goes to all vuers in this community, but I wanted to say a special thank you for your generosity :) WOW! I just made a long post :D Elaine

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 6:36 PM

And thank you too, Elaine. :) And thank you to EVERYBODY here who has made this the amazing pleasure it has been! :)

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 10:31 AM

I hope that whatever is making you resign is a good thing. Anyway, thanks for the service and good luck.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.