Fri, Sep 20, 3:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: My Vue arrived yesterday!

Crossfire ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 1:33 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:35 PM

I had an image bumping around in my head that I was contemplating trying to put together and render in Poser for practice. (I'm sort of new to everything so I count any practice as good practice in what limited time I have.) So I had found some objects I thought I'd piece together, a little from here and there, had put them all together the other night figuring I'd get to it later, but then the UPS man knocked at the door. dances around the room Well, to make a long story short, when I saw what my package was I did my render in Vue instead and it was so fast easy and so much better than anything I'd seen Poser churn out that I was very very happy. Ok I hate to sound like a commercial but I'd played with the Bryce demo and I like the Vue interface considerably more after just playing with it a little bit. Hah, I remember opening Bryce and scratching my head when a tutorial said to use the file menu for something and I didn't even see a file menu. (It was there, you just had to know where to move your mouse to find it). Well anyway, I did get a nice picture but I need to tweak it a bit before I'll share it. I noticed poser woman's pose wasn't quite right while I was playing around with the lighting in Vue and her clothes were splitting in a funny way (ok so that will probably require some post work). Anyway, I guess I had a selfish desire to toss around some of my enthusiasm. Thanks for all the information everyone. I'm having fun learning and playing with my new (and unfortunately expensive) hobby. Maybe sometime this week I'll post my image so you guys can see it. I'm still learning to make good textures and the modelling bit is waiting for later when I have some time to spend with 3d modelling software. Crossfire

NightVoice ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 1:48 PM

Hey I know exactly how your feel. Sure I have been messing around with the Vue demo but when the final came to the door, I felt like a kid on xmas morning opening a new present. :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 2:13 PM

You know I still feel like that and I had almost a year, can't even believe I have had it so long, I still love it. Sharen

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 5:43 PM

:) I always really enjoy reading such things. It's amazing... I am 37 years old, but yeah, I have to admit that the day that the UPS man brought Vue 4 to my door, I definitely DID feel like I had reverted in age quite a bit. Like a kid on Christmas day. :)

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 9:56 PM

And Vue just keeps on giving, each time you open it! Very cool to hear, Crossfire! I noticed poser woman's pose wasn't quite right while I was playing around with the lighting in Vue ... Did you know that you can make slight adjustments to poses while in Vue? Just click the + sign next to the model name in the hierarchy list to the lower right, then locate the part(s) that need adjustment. Now, note I'm saying slight adjustments. If the lady has her hand on her hip and you decide she should have her arm upraised to point to the sky, that's quite a large difference, so that kind of change should go back to Poser. But if her arm is just a little bit too far forward in Vue, highlight the shoulder/forearm/hand/fingers, then move it backward where it looks better. ...and her clothes were splitting in a funny way (ok so that will probably require some post work). Her hip is poking out the side of her dress? Click the + sign next to the model name, locate the hip and make the part invisible. Instant no-poke through the dress. :)

Crossfire ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 10:48 PM

Cool, thanks for the tips Varian. I had a hunch that I might be able to do some tweaks from in Vue. The pose adjustment is something I might actually be able to fix the way you say... I just have to nudge one arm down a little and the other arm up a bit (they don't look as relaxed as they ought) As for the clothes splitting, it's a little worse than that... I have some rather extreme bends at the elbows and the clothing has split apart to look like it's torn... well not exactly torn. It's a problem with how the clothes are constructed and the fact that I'm trying to bend to somewhat sharp elbows. On the other hand, I did see a speck of skin showing through clothes at one spot that your method might fix. :) Again, thanks for the support and information. I have had some fun lurking on this forum while I was contemplating buying Vue.

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 3:09 PM

And so much more fun ahead! :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.