Mon, Sep 23, 2:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: small problem with bones

billy-home ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 2:03 PM ยท edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 12:26 PM

file_4249.jpg

I'm rigging a tripod from War of the Worlds, as you can see from the image the set up is the upper leg is attached to the body, the lower leg to the upper, and a piston from the body to the lower leg. Is there any way to attach the bone for the piston (which starts at the body) to the lower leg bone. I had thought that maybe the 'Group' tool could be used, but as I'm still pretty new to this, I'm a little unsure as to how the 'Group tool works.

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 4:28 PM

heyas; you want to make the sleeve of the piston a child of the body, and the bar of the piston a child of the lower leg. make sure they stick out at right angles (along the x-axis), make sure you have the proper rotation ordres (xyz), and then tell the piston sleeve and the piston rod to "point at" each other. that should work fairly well. make sure your rod is long enough so it doesn't fall out of the sleeve when you extend the leg.

Lemurtek ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 7:33 PM

Bloodsong sayeth: >make sure your rod is long enough so it doesn't fall out of the sleeve when you extend the leg. Sage advice for all guys! :) Regards- Lemurtek

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 3:42 PM

oh shut up you guys!! :)

billy-home ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 5:31 PM

thanx, for all your "help" LOL ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.