Tue, Oct 22, 10:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Looking at the sun...

Metropa ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 6:58 PM ยท edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 2:12 PM

Vue 3's vegetation, motion blur, and camera focus effects are awesome, BUT the sun could look far better when it's in the camera's view. Am I blind, or is that opaque disc on Vue's horizon suppose to be our nearest star? Terragen's sun looks the best yet... Anyhow... aside from using a LenseFlare plug-in within Photoshop, does anyone have some helpful advice? -Metropa

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 7:56 PM

heya; the sun uses the sun colour swatch, so if you load a gradient, it won't be so flat. like yellow to white or something. but you're right... ick! it could use some improvement.

headhunter ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 8:32 PM

I had the same complaint. I've tried the gradient thing (yellow to white) and it helps a little. I would definately like to see a tut' on making it look brighter and more... well... "sunny". BTW: where can I find out more about this Terragen prog.?

Metropa ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 9:46 PM

Terragen (it's beta) www.planetside.co.uk

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 5:11 PM

heyas; it might also help to make the sun invisible, but put a fuzzy glowing sphere where it is supposed to appear?

headhunter ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 7:43 PM

Bloodsong, I tried your suggestion but my attempts all keep looking like a glowing yellow ball suspended in the sky! I haven't messed with the fuzzy transparency much so I don't really know what I'm doing with it yet. It does acquire a glowing corona, but the middle still resembles an egg yolk!

Metropa ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 8:41 PM

Check out the free Vue download section for a Sun posted recently by Silverbranch.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.