Sat, Oct 5, 11:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: A comment

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 9:23 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:24 AM

I started to move my fractals from the 2d gallery to the fractal gallery and didn't. no time at the time. since then i've posted a couple fractals in the 2d gallery and in the fractal gallery. those i post in the fractal gallery get 3 or 4 views. those i post in the 2d gallery get 30 or 40 views and even some comments. Am I the only one that's experiencing this?

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 10:32 PM

I think that Fractals are a very eclectic art form and not one that main stream is going to go out of their way to look at. The beauty and artistic difference of the fractal in another gallery will draw passers by to look at them because they are there in front of their noses. I don't think those same people will ever deliberately go to the fractal gallery. I haven't uploaded any of my fractals because I don't want to mix them with my other art in my gallery page. Eccentric I know but there it is :}

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 1:09 AM

Well CW that is an exellent point.I sent my submitions to the 2D. I have received the finest complements about my work and I have had alot of views especially from all of you'all.But,I have had comments from all artist's on this site.I hope we fix this. I don't know why we have this problem But,I ordered a dumptruck load of creativity for the front lawn. It will be here soon..

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 9:31 AM

A good point about people not going out of their way to see fractals, firefly. I do know that when I put my fracs in with my other art, there is a greater chance of having them seen by a wider range of people, so I will continue to put the best and select pieces in there.
But, I also wanted to share more of my work--variations on a theme, so to speak, with others that specifically know fractals and like to talk about them. Thus, I've opened a gallery here at R'osity, just to put up my pure fractal work, and why I've gladly joined in discussions in this forum. I've accepted the smaller audience as a tradeoff for a more informed audience.

mytwocentsworthonthetopic:)

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

firefly ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 9:44 AM

That's a good way of looking at and working through the "viewing' situation Rosemaryr. A very good way ;) Does this mean you use a second artist name here?

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 1:03 PM

No, I have a registed domain site of my own, hosted by a friend. But that one is more of my 3d and mixed media art, and takes a bit of care to keep updated and looking right. With R'osity supplying the basic page layout, I can easily add pics, so I feel easier about showing more of my 'pure' fractal work.

If you want to visit my other works,
http://www.rosemaryr.com
is the web address.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

Micheleh ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 4:17 PM

More attention for the gallery, eh? Here's a thought: a fractal artist as the spotlight guest. Any volunteers?

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 5:07 PM

I volunteer SAH ;)

Micheleh ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 5:13 PM

Cool. I just ran the idea by Audre, she's in charge of the front page. If not the spotlight, then an article, but I'd loke to get some front page exposure for the gallery.

firefly ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 5:52 PM

That would be terrific Micheleh!!

firefly ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 5:53 PM

I enjoyed touring your web site Rosemaryr! Thank you so much for sharing that link :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.