Sat, Oct 5, 9:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: One Fractal = Three pictures

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 9:33 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 6:51 PM

file_5176.jpg

Variant one-----"Ashanti"

Just did a series based on one formula, using three coloring parameters. (Actually, more than that, but these three were the best results.) I'll post each pic in a separate message here.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 9:35 PM

file_5177.jpg

Variant two-----"Saint Andrew's Cross"

Another look----

RosemaryR

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 9:37 PM

file_5178.jpg

Variant three-----"Modern Crusade"

Third version-----

RosemaryR

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 1:15 AM

Can you render in a higher pack???

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 7:13 AM

??
"Higher pack?
Do you mean more variations, or larger size, or higher res?
The answer is 'yes' to all, but....

I don't usually do larger sizes/higher res images for web presentation due to image theft problems, which I have seen all too often. Because the web is worldwide, and all too many countries have little or no copyright laws, there is no real protection for an artist posting on the web, except for that artist to not upload high-quality pics. (Sorry about the lecture, but this is the only way I know to spread the word.)
I will do it to send an image directly to an individual who would like to print it, if said person asks me directly. I am willing to share, but I like to have the knowledge of where my stuff ends up beforehand, and have control of it's usage.

(...hops off of soapbox.....)

RosemaryR

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 1:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.digimarc.com/imaging/readers.htm

Well..The lecture was good,It went well with my lunch{a deli sandwich with 3 kinds of letuce..I am going to give you a link to learn more about watermarking & digital rights. I normaly don't give out this information because it could be used for the wrong purposes by other parties.

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 1:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.bluespike.com/

Here is one more..

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 1:55 PM

Thanks for the links, Arista. I have bookmarked them and will study the tech at leisure.

What follows is --pure--- opinion. Ignore, agree, or flame as desired.

While watermarking and filing for copyrights, and other legal methods of protection are all good, and I approve of having the tech available for legitimate uses, I also believe that as a deterant to theft, they have a basic flaw.

There are people who just don't care. Or they don't think the laws of the artist's country of origin affect them.

As mentioned, my answer to the situation is to only put up on the web those images with a size, and a compression ratio, such that if a thief wants to create a print, or a large wallpaper version (the two most common reasons for art theft) he would have to increase the size to the point where the compression artifacts would be clearly visible, reducing the usage the thief would get from it. And I reserve the high quality versions for legitimate inquiries.

(grin) I'm sure this topic gets a lot of airing from time to time on every art forum on the web, so I won't carry on any longer. Every artist must choose his/her own path. I just hope I have given folks another insight on the problem and possible solutions.

RosemaryR

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 2:27 PM

That sounds like tha best and cheapest idea.

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 4:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.gigalaw.com/articles/2000-all/landau-2000-04-all.html

just to interject something here. Anyone that needs to protect intellectual property would be well advised to retain an intellectual property rights lawyer (you have no idea how muddy those waters really are) and follow their advise. Doing so is the only way you really have much of a hope of gaining recompense from the courts if something happens and you need to see such action. (and even then you're not guarenteed to win). There are good articles on this on giga-law.com under the subject of copyright.

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Sun, 21 April 2002 at 1:46 AM

There is a good note for thought.Those above links that I gave scratch tha surface on that topic.If someone sold or had high sales in that area, that would be a good rule of good house keeping to keep a firm on your mailing list. Don't forget that you can also lookup the lawyers in tha bar..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.