Sat, Sep 21, 7:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Beware, version 2 - Better or Worse?

daio1 ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 12:53 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:29 AM

file_121180.jpg

I changed the kelpie Hunter's pose slightly and gave her different clothing. What do you think? Credits Hair - Allerleirah Bridle - Bloodsong Vest - Eric VanDycke Textures are mine. Thanxs! Daio

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 1:15 PM

Hey there. I mentioned a couple of things in the post below but you beat me to posting another ... You might try putting a couple patches of a leave type shadow on the figures like they are getting hit from the light streamign through the trees. You also might try make the kelpie flow from the water. Either with a slight transparancy or a touch of photoshop work ... Just a couple of ideas but I like it a lot ...

Ikyoto ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 1:15 PM

I love the textures! Suggestion on the posing of the arm: Bend the should er dwonward and twist it back into position. It looks like her elbow is to far from her body. But the way everything fits togather (figures, background and lighting) is wonderful!

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 1:27 PM

Perfect!

Jon ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 4:18 PM

Yes, and I like what you did with the clothes textures. She's kind of like a wood sprite! I like the whole storylike effect you gave it.

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 4:56 PM

heya; this looks much better! but now... she kinda looks like she's up too high. try pushing her down into the background bushes some more. or perhaps you can get more foliage in front of her legs. the leaves look too small/short somehow. (or, if it looks fine to you, ignore me ;) )

LoboUK ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 3:30 AM

Excellent Paul

SewerRat ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 7:29 AM

it's great but...hey, if I had my way I'd grab a friend, take her out into a park, find a pond, and take a photo then just add the horse to it =) no point using 3D when a straight photo will do just as well =) SewerRat

daio1 ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 8:18 AM

And where, pray tell, am I supposed to find an unfrozen pond and greenery in the middle of January in New England? ;-)

SewerRat ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 8:26 AM

find a frozen one and use a clone brush to unfreeze it =) naaaa, I know what you mean, I do all my stuff in 3d just because I'm not going to spend so much money on film, and wait for it to be developed. How I wish for a digital camera. It was just that this picture struck me as an example where it would look way awesome with a real person there. I don't mean to insult your poser-person by any means either =) SewerRat

Ikyoto ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 8:41 AM

uhhh... what about the Kelpie? That's real.... (isn't it?)

daio1 ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 8:52 AM

As real as any mythological critter is... But real as in a photo of a real horse, nope, that's the Poser horse with a texture I worked a very long time on.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 5:08 PM

oh, i forgot to mention: jackie originally made the bridle (and saddle and reins), then i made them posable. just so i have good credit karma. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.