Thu, Sep 19, 8:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Questions on Boxing Accessories.

kalirage ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 8:34 AM ยท edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 12:08 AM

Hi All, Thanks for the previous posts.... I'm new to poser, so hopefully you'll bear with me on a few newbie questions.. First is on using deformers - I've been trying to use it on the mens shorts to raise the waiste band and make the legs longer, but all it does is stretch out a sharp point. How do I 'stretch' them evenly? Also on the shorts, there is no texture map for them on the poser cd - Is there anyway to create a new one in poser? I found a nice pair of boots on this site, but I can't figure out how to conform them to the figure. I've tried importing the .3ds file and sizing it and replacing body parts with the model, but it only stays for that one frame... and there's a lot of frames... Also, can you use morphs on .3ds files to alter them (flatten the soles). I found the gloves (Thanks Mark :)but they're a little too cartoonish. Is it posible to create props in poser? Or do you use another program? Thanks for your patience. Its really appreciated :) Zach

Sprout ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 9:13 AM

As far as deformers, I have the same problems. No idea. Secondly, you can make a texture template by downloading UVMapper from Steve Cox's page to the right. To conform they have to be conformable charcter (.cr2) for multiple frames. Did you try some of the boots that conform that are in the Free Stuff area? Yes, you can make props in Poser but it is somewhat limited unless you find more shapes to use than the basics that come with Poser. There are some at the Props Guild which is also a link on the right. Post all the questions you want, we were all newbies at one time. And there are lots of people here that are willing to help. :O) Sprout

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 2:47 PM

kalirage, Re: the boots: after importing each as a 3ds, save each to your props library. As props, they can now be selected from the library and positioned on your figure. This will then allow you to re-save each to your library as a "smart prop" - one that remembers its parent position every time it's imported, the same way a hair prop does. Chapter 6, of the user guide, under "Adding props to the library" will talk you through it. It's easy. Good luck...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.