Sat, Sep 21, 11:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Creating a rainbow in Photoshop - example

Gromit ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 1:50 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.crfranklin.com/temple_rainbow.jpg

This is an example of a rainbow created entirely in Photoshop. I used one of the Photoshop 5.5 sample images to begin with, just to see how it could be done. Basically, I created a rectangular transparent rainbow gradient, then used polar coordinates to make it curved. I wrote out the procedure I used and put it on my website. The URL, for anyone who's interested, is below: http://www.crfranklin.com/rainbows.htm Hope this helps the people that were looking for this! Gromit

Byte Me Ok ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 7:00 PM

Gromit, thank you for the rainbow tutorial, it's excellent... I've seen some of your work and I'm in awe.. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread about your tutorials.. Do you have an url you could offer up so I can read more on your techniques.. I feel I could learn a lot from you... ~Cindy

Gromit ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 4:29 AM

Cindy, You're welcome! I just recently started setting up a website, so far it's more like chaos. I'm an American living in Saudi Arabia, and we haven't had internet access long enough to really get into building our own websites. Also many sites and entire domains are blocked here. That rainbow tutorial is the only one I've got on my website, just did it a couple of days ago. I'm thinking of putting together step-by-step tutorials for some of the Photoshop and other graphics stuff I've learned to do, things that really work for me and would help others. That might also be a way to get these guys out of my house over here, just tell them to look on my site. Most of the stuff I do has to do with photo restoration and enhancement, but I do some creative things to from time to time. I'm not a pro, but I enjoy it. As I create some more tutorials, I'll post here to let anyone who's interested know. Gromit Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

Byte Me Ok ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 8:00 AM

Gromit, thank you for your quick response... I think I've seen all of your pictures you have posted on both forums and I've enjoyed all of them especially the sexy Saudi woman (with the legs showing)-walking through a busy street... That was beautiful and comical too... I'm a complete novice at Photoshop, but I think I enjoy it more than 3D art sometimes.. I most certainly love combining the two... The rainbow tutorial is in my favorite places and I will be referring back to it a lot... I found it to be very informative and easy to follow.. I look forward to any more tutorials your able to put up... Hopefully it won't be too difficult for you...I know I'm not the only one on the forums who admires your work ... It would be great if you were able to do tutorial on photo restoration/enhancement in the future, since I have tons of photos from College that I hand developed (the old fashion way) but are in bad need of repair.. Really any tutorial your able to put up will be welcomed...=) I'll be checking back here for any updates/pics you might be posting in the future.. Thanks again Gromit...=) Oh and my husband spent some time in Dhahran once.. Isn't that the playground of the mideast? LOL ~Cindy Jacksonville, Fl. or better known as HOOTERVILLE...=)

Gromit ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 2:38 PM

OK, I added a page on creating collages, another one of the things I do some of in Photoshop. It's at this URL: http://www.crfranklin.com/collages.htm If you take a look at it, let me know what you think. I can't put some of the images I want to on that page right now because my Jaz drive is kaput and I can't get to them. Maybe later! Gromit

Byte Me Ok ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 6:45 PM

Gromit, thanks for your tutorial... That was very helpful for an almost hopeless case as myself...lol I especially liked the dpi hints for printing since dpi is a little confusing for me... I got your e-mail and I've saved this tutorial to my favorite places also... I'd also like to add you have a lovely family... =) Thanks again, you've been very helpful.. Looking forward to more when your able to get to it... =) ~Cindy

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2000 at 2:43 AM

Hey! I'm the one who started the "rainbow-discussion" and just a few days later...whoops..heres one very good tutorial...:o) thanks a lot for this one, Gromit! I wonder if i can do this one in PS 5.02, too....I will have a look later at home :o) See ya, Karsten

3DSprite ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2000 at 8:21 PM

Thank you for your wonderful, thoughtful help Gromit!! ~3DSprite ;-)

Gromit ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2000 at 10:20 AM

You're welcome! I had never tried creating anything quite like that, so I learned something new in Photoshop and also added the first useful page to my website, which I'm learning how to create as I go.:) Gromit Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.