Fri, Sep 20, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: importing Poser characters

mickey2 ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 2:40 PM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

Hi gang, been thinking about getting another program to replace Bryce ,because I am tired of all the work involved, in bringing a figure from poser into bryce (4)( texture maps). I have been doing it for so long but if Vue is less time consuming, I would switch in a heart beat. Well is it or not? see ya and thanks for info.

NightVoice ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 2:47 PM

Importing poser figures is definately a snap in Vue. Just click the import button, select the file and there ya go. :)

If you want to test it out, head on over to e-on software and try a demo and see (link to them on top of the page)

Just a note about the demo, the poser importing is a bit bugged as it will say it does not recognize the .bum files. This is corrected in the full version when you download the patch to update it. But you can still test it out enough to see how you like the imports. :) Plus, once inside of Vue, you can swap the textures around from there as well. :)

Jaqui ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 5:33 PM

file_6479.jpg

got to be the easiest importing for poser figures. just posing them and saving the pz3 in poser then importing the pz3 with a click...after telling vue where poser.exe is. testing it out myself I made this image. the characters textures are all from the pz3.

bluevenus ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 7:17 PM

I'm actually having trouble importing Poser pz3 files :( The dialog box comes up for me to locate Poser.exe, which I do, but when I find it and click "Open", it doesn't acknowledge it, the dialog box just comes up again. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions? -Jenna

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 7:38 PM

Jenna, if I recal correctly, this is a known issue. The fix sounds strange as I remember, but I believe the fix was to rename poser.exe to poser.exe. Yes, rename it to the same name. I did not have this problem myself, but I think this was the answer. You will probably want to wait until you get confirmation from someone else first, as I could be wrong. (Don't let my wife know that tho! ;))

Jaqui ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 12:37 AM

never had that problem..pointed vue to poser.exe, and clicked on the exe before hitting ok. worked wonders.

Kelderek ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 4:39 AM

Never had any problems imprting Poser characters, they just "walk" right into the scene. I'm sure you will be satisfied with Vue, mickey.

Rimkopf ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 6:50 AM

Be sure it is Curious Labs poser and nothing else. If so, contact them and get new serial. Worked for me.

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 8:31 AM

bluevenus, Poser needs to be closed before you import into Vue. If not, you always will get the "locate Poser" message... without any issue. Guitta

bluevenus ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 3:06 PM

Thanks so much Guitta, that was the problem. All fixed!

mickey2 ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 6:28 PM

Thanks guys for the info,just got back from some sailing, and Vue will be the first thing I get. see ya

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.