Fri, Sep 20, 3:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: bryce 5 render question

hardline ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 2:20 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 2:38 PM

file_7597.jpg

i was just wondering if there is a way to just render one object as a wire frame and if so how. cause i havent seen a way. the reason being id like to 2 renders like ti picture i have uploaded. one with the text textured and one a wireframe so that in post i photoshop i can make it looke like its a wireframe fading into the textured text.

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 5:14 AM

I think there was a render to wireframe easter-egg but I'm not sure, I'll let you know when I find it.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 5:22 AM

I always wondered how those people did that too, instead I just take a screen capture of the objects and do the actual fading in post... The stink of that of course is that Bryce wireframes aren't all that artistic-looking or controllable...

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 11:48 AM

This is just a suggestion, I haven't tried it yet so take it as you will. If you use the wireframe template that you get from UVmapper or a default poser figure, as a jpg file and apply it as a texture to your object, would it not render as a solid with the mesh visible? I suppose you could colour alter the lines in a photoedit pkg to be, say green with a black bkgrnd. If someone gives this a try, let me know please (curious!)

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

johnpenn ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 1:25 PM

I've seen a tutorial online about this, but I don't remember where. The tute covered hos to take a poser figure, and render the legs in wireframe and fade into regular textures at the thighs or so. It was done with a wire frame texture and transparency maps. I think you'll need to actually use a wire frame texture, and I think that a simple grid set to map parabolically should do the trick.

Erlik ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 1:51 PM

http://www.awakemm.com/poserarcana/tutorials/rw/rw05/index.html (Copy the link into one line.) It's Robin Wood's "Flesh to Water" tutorial, which can be adapted for the wireframe view. It's done in Photoshop. http://www.geocities.com/dawn-/poser101/wireframe.html Wireframe texture tutorial by "Bren in NC". The other way is to do a screen capture of the wireframe view, put it into a layer in Photoshop (or PaintShop Pro), and then put the rendered view into another layer above the wireframe one. Take a fuzzy brush and then apply transparency to the rendered layer on the places where you want the wireframe to show. Something like that is on the front page of www.tatjana.ws. HTH.

-- erlik

troezi ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 3:17 PM

file_7598.jpg

@Incarnadine I've tried what yuo've said and it looks promising.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 3:54 PM

Cool! I'm going to try this tonight myself. Thanks for the shot.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 4:00 PM

By the way, I have done something very similar to that flesh to water idea in "The Body Electric", "High Tech Halloween" and "Daydreaming" in my posted works. I first discovered this technique back with an erotic Christmas image done for Renderotica back in 2000. Cool stuff!

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 4:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.bsmooth.de/BSolutions/#Render

http://www.bsmooth.de/BSolutions/#Render Here's how to render to wire frame, just set ther animation as a one or two frame bmp sequence for still images.

Stephen Ray

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 8:24 PM

I have just posted the "Virtual Escape" image in the Bryce Gallery. Came out really well. Let me know what you think.

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2002 at 6:24 AM

Stephen Ray that's just what I meant! Thanks for looking for it.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2002 at 7:03 AM

file_7599.jpg

An example model with THREE layers in Photoshop; Screencaptured wireframe, a no-texture render, and finally the textured render, all layered together. Lots of variables to be played with, with this technique. I screencaptured just `cause it was a small render made for my website, anything big you should go with Stephen Ray's suggestion, it's the best way. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2002 at 11:49 AM

Yup. I do all my post work in PhotoPaint 9. Works like a charm. nice piece of work agentsmith!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.