Fri, Sep 20, 4:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Congrats to out Seasonal Contest winners!!!

Micheleh ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2002 at 9:52 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:23 AM

Okay, the results are in, and have been tabulated by our Mathematically Integrated Counting Crunching Estimating Logrythmically Exact Hepler! (Me.) The winners are- Spring- Aartika! Summer- Yourgeorgie! Fall- MarvinR! Winter- Stotty! There was a tie for fall between Stotty and MarvinR, but since Stotty won winter, I used the "one prize per person" rule which I just made up for the occasion. Congratuations! I now turn over the mike to our lovely prize presenter, Audre!

MarvinR ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 12:27 AM

file_8674.jpg

Congratulations everyone. They are all great. Good work Stotty. I really like your winter. Thanks! Ray

Micheleh ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 4:35 AM

Hey, it's FracOscar! Way to go!

yourgeorgie ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 12:59 PM

Thank you oh God's of the Fractal Admins....but could you please post specifically which fractal won, as many of us posted mor than one fratal per season! I humbly bow to your wonderousness!

audre ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 3:37 PM

Hey congratulations to the winners!! Message671414.jpg if you will email me at audre@renderosity.com, i'll send you instructions on how you can obtain your prize... some wacky seamless tiles/textures made by yours truly Message671410.jpg

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 5:36 PM

Congratulations you guys, those were some amazing fractals you all made!!

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 5:41 PM

Can we please have a page with the 4 winners on it in the fractal gallery or something?

Micheleh ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 5:48 PM

Well, this was my idea, and we'll see who bites. (Winners?) To make a single image out of all four, with one image in each of 4 frames, called "fractal seasons". Then use this in the magazine as a "fractal artist compilation" image.

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 7:01 PM

That's a good idea Micheleh but I think it needs to be taken one step further :) We need a Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day.... you get the idea (grin)

audre ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 7:16 PM

sounds interesting. we could run this contest through like november... and then have the winners appear in issue 4... what do you all think?

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 7:20 PM

That would be so cool Audre. It is very rare that one ever sees fractals in print publications. Especially in the 3D world. I think it would be great to show more of the world the beauty that can be found in this particular art form. I mean, who doesn't like a kaleidescope?

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 7:28 PM

I like the idea of printing them in the magazine but i think there's a problem with running this contest through november. Winners have already been decided in this contest. it would be a: unfair and b: incredibly boring to go run it some more. how about we do this instead: Issue a challenge to the forum for each month. A different topic each month, starting with june. maybe flowers one month, fruit another, destruction a third and so on. Then the winner of each months challenge, june through november, will be included in the #4 issue of the magazine? That would be 6 images for the mag because it's 6 months but each challenge would be fairly short in time so it wouldn't get boring.

Micheleh ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 10:53 PM

We can worry about all that later- right now I just want the winners to tell me what they think of the collage idea.

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 10:54 PM

personaly, at this point, i'd just like to at least know what numbers the winners were. i'd like to be able to go look at the images now (if a page right now with them on it isn't feaseble.)

MarvinR ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 10:59 PM

I don't know Michelle. I'd have to see them side by side to see if they work artistically. You might not want to lock yourself into it until you see how it works. Give it a try and then post it for comments. Then you can see if it might work in the magazine. Ray

Micheleh ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 11:10 PM

OK. Spring- #15 Summer- #10 Fall- #10 Winter- #8

MarvinR ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 11:21 PM

Michelle, There may have been a mix up in the winners. Fall- #10 was done by MakinMagic. I have to admit I like MakinMagic's better than mine. ;~) It's got a great flow to it. Congratulations David. Good work. Ray

Micheleh ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 11:58 PM

Sorry, sweetie- on my screen, post#10 says by MarvinR! You're it! Message671426.jpg

Micheleh ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 12:59 AM

I have it! I didn't take into account that people (Stotty ..koff koff) Message671426.jpg were deleting their posts. I can see those, you can't. The numbers for me aren't the same as for you. I had to go back and recount, not scounting all the deleted posts. Here's what I get- someone please check for me who isn't a mod! Spring- CDeery my 19, your 15 Summer- YourGeorgie My 11, your 10 Fall- Stotty and MakinMagic my 8/13, your 8/10 Winter- Stotty my 9, your 8 MakinMagic gets fall since Stotty has Winter. Fair enuf? Now do you see why I was confused? Message671422.jpg

Little Red ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 2:57 AM

Congratulations to the winners... GREAT images!!

dreampaint ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 3:04 PM

Congratulation to all winners and all participants :) I don't see the gallery for this contest, but sure it's wonderfull. When I see AARTIKA ans STOTTY in the winners i'm not really surprise, she have great talent. I don't know Yourgeorgie and MarvinR but sure it's excellent too. See you soon. Laurent

Micheleh ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 4:54 PM

Audre made a winner page- lemme go find that link!

audre ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 6:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/~mzine/fractal%20forum/season%20contest%20winners.htm

![Message671410.jpg](http://www.renderosity.com/photos/Message671410.jpg)

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 6:27 PM

wouldn't it make more sense to have the link on the top of the forum for 'seasonal winners click here' go to the winners page instead of this thread?

yourgeorgie ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 6:42 PM

Are you sure those fractals are correct? the last time I looked that fractal of mine hadn't recieved any votes.....

Micheleh ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 6:48 PM

Yes, I'm sure. I checked it. Audre checked it. I counted the votes 3 times, and re checked the numbers/names twice. (Runs screaming off into the desert, vowing never to do another contest) Message671426.jpg

Micheleh ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 6:56 PM

Summer- #13- 2 votes #2- 1 vote #3- 1 vote #8- 1 vote #14- 1 vote #18- 1 vote #10- 3 votes. #10 is by yourgeorgie.

firefly ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 7:05 PM

hmmm, I voted for #10 in summer but that wasn't the picture I saw, it was a picture of a beach ball containing a fractal. Don't remember whose it was though :( I wonder if we are all seeing the threads as different numbers. Don't go hide Micheleh, this is an excellent (if somewhat trying for you) way of discovering and ironing out kinks. We could always get everyone to view the pictures again and this time list them by picture title instead of thread number!

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 7:17 PM

one of us (I'll volunteer if no one else does) could make thumbnails if necessary and put together a page of thumbnails with numbers next to the thumbnails. That way the page wouldn't take too long to load.

Micheleh ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 7:20 PM

Fantastic idea! Thanks! Message671422.jpg

firefly ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 8:08 PM

That is a great idea CrystalWizard! Let me know if you need help :)

stotty ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 4:45 AM

wupps sorry Michelle can't remember deleting any posts but I know me enough to know anythings possible Message671422.jpg Huge big thanks to those who voted for my images. Also agree with Marvin regarding the magazine would need to see how the images work together before saying aye.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.