Sat, Sep 21, 12:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Playing with the idea of triptych

Quinn ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 3:16 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

file_9780.jpg

I have always been intrigued by the idea of using photographic elements, in a 3D render, and this months contest gave me the above idea. This is a bad render, and the photographic elements suffer too much in the process, but I thought it was a good enough idea to share. Ive no intention of entering anything like this, its just something I wanted to mess around with. The three photos were taken by me last week, and then texture mapped onto objects in 3DS Max. Me thinks that this might make an interesting print, given large enough size and enough resolution to avoid pixilation.

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 5:20 PM

can u show us a bigger render dude? Its hard to say anything when its so small... incidently, u might wanna confer with Alpha about the 3D Studio thing, rules say u can't use 3D Software to compositie objects and watnot, but you more or less used it to create a frame. I dunno, I'd allow it, but the boss gets the final word.

Quinn ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 6:14 PM

Not planning on entering for the monthly, just playing around with ideas.

PunkClown ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 8:03 PM

I like the 3d frame idea...it looks quite effective, and urrr...3d!!! lol...and I guess if the elements within the panels were photographic, then that surely would be ok? You should consider entering Quinn.... :-)>

bevchiron ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 1:04 AM

Nice idea, I don't see why a 3D frame should be a problem either.

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 6:21 AM

It really would be nice to see it bigger........

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.