Sat, Sep 21, 3:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: 'scuse the term, but Trailer Trash

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:04 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:18 PM

Right, I've been having a conversation which has brought up the subject of trailer trash, and the image that is generally portrayed. Sorry, but I, as a Brit, think this is probably just sterotyping and think there has to be some proud trailer-owners out there too. Wondering if you guys would post a few genuine trailer-park pics if you have them of all kinds, just to educate me. Cheers guys!! (",)

Slynky ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:20 PM

dude, go to mulletjoe.com ,more ammo then you'll ever need

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:47 PM

file_10096.jpg

i have hundreds...a few in my gallery, but would happily ul more... to be honest tho, a term i prefer is just 'white trash.' Trailer park white trash is a little more specific and is inclusive of the lowest (highest?) forms of white trash. Mostly wife beaters, ex prostitues, and inbreds. My dream is to one day have the courage (balls) to document this ever elusive form of human. Next week, theres a big festival in my town that for some reason brings all the suburb white trash into the city. This being my favorite form to observe and document. Something deep within my soul is stirred when i see these lemming scurrying around. Cant really tell you why, but such is the case. Anyway, here come the pics....

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:50 PM

file_10097.jpg

their first date... seriously.

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:58 PM

Hey, she's cute - mind, I haven't seen her face...... (",)

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:59 PM

file_10098.jpg

a little mullet action... i have hundreds of beautiful mullet shots....

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:12 PM

file_10099.jpg

some more action...

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:12 PM

Keep em coming!!! This is SO cool! (",)

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:12 PM

you like em in spandex do ya?

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:17 PM

file_10100.jpg

here we have a mullet mixed with some really poor taste in fashion... usually the case, tho the fashion sense of most mullet is quite a beautiful thing unto itself...

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:19 PM

file_10101.jpg

birds of a feather...

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:21 PM

file_10102.jpg

oh how they flock together...

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:26 PM

file_10103.jpg

mr fancy mullet in his new outfit...

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:27 PM

file_10104.jpg

oh how they pose....

ASalina ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:31 PM

You know what I'm surprized not to see here? I surprized
that none of these people are wearing promotional give-away
clothing. Usually t-shirts with cigarette or soft drink
logos on them. I guess nowadays that's a fashion faux pas
amongst rednecks.

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:32 PM

Uh, oh - I think Mr "White but usually wears V-neck" has noticed you...... and erm - is that a boy or a girl in the blue flower shirt? (",)

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:37 PM

file_10105.jpg

LOL, alright, i'm done for now. Hopefully this has been an educational or at least entertaining experience for you. I really cant answer why it is that i find myself so compelled to document this segment of society. And just like most of the passions in my life, i do it without question and without knowing why. My only understanding is that there's a reason which someday will reveal itself... i hope.

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:51 PM

blue flower? you mean the Tickle me Elmo shirt? that's a girl silly boy... You know, the funny thing is is that i so rarely get noticed when im out taking pics. I try and stay off to the side as much as possible, or at a distance works well too since im using a 28-300mm most of the time. That, or it's the fact that most of the people i photograph would never believe that they are the subject of a photographers interest...

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 8:02 PM

file_10106.jpg

Asalina, oh how right you are about the shirts. The promo shirts are a big hit with these folks. And i know that somewhere i've got some pics like that. In fact, i know i have a photo of a mullet in all marlboro gear... Just cant seem to find any like that right now... oh well. Here's another nice one tho...

Lilgooser ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 1:18 AM

"Trailer park white trash is a little more specific and is inclusive of the lowest (highest?) forms of white trash." Hey, watch it buddy. You'd be suprised who lives in trailer parks. My mother lived in a trailer park for a good part of her life do to medical problems, and I with her when I was younger. When I'd go visit, I met everything from doctors to software engineers. Usually they lived alone and traveled a lot, or just didn't see the need in spending the money on worthless posessions. These people made big money, but were smart enough to spend it wisely.

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 4:02 AM

Whats wrong with free promo shirts? I have tons of 'em. And what wrong with spandex. That stuff was the afrodesiac of the mid to late 80's. It's not the spandex is't how tightly it's stretched. On a slightly related note has anyone else heard of the term "wife beater" being applied to whit tank top t shirts? Bsteph

eartho ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 4:21 AM

whoops! yes in some way i was being serious, but mostly i was attempting to stereotype the sterotype. Tho joking for the most part, there was of course truth hidden within. But yes Jordy, for the most part, trailer parks are NOT overflowing with hillbillies and other lower forms of life on the much stereotyped evolutionary ladder. White trash is everywhere. Nearly all of us here in America can be considered ignorant, petty and greedy. But, we all know that. Some are just a bit more colourful than others. (yes, i know i'm a mean man)

And just for the sake of understanding, in case anyone is actually reading this, i would like to clarify that the people i photograph are in no way perceived by me as being less than i am. I'm not capturing their moments in an attempt to ridicule or somehow degrade. When i look through my lens i see only beauty. I know that in the end we all are equal. These photos are meant for people to enjoy, and for me as an attempt to understand or at least to document that which fascinates me nearly as much as do the heavens. Something like that anyway... OK? bedtime..

JordyArt ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 5:10 AM

oops, Mikey opens a can of worms again!!! Nah, not the tickle me Elmo shirt, the littler dude(ette) next to her.....with the white socks and boys trainers.... I guess part of what I was trying to clarify was like, are these trailer parks just like what we would call 'caravan sites' where people just live permenantly? I'll post a pic of a caravan site for you guys to compare.... I'm curious, like I said, purely because of the (obvoiusly misleading) stereotypes we get over here - like, we don't get them portrayed as hilbillies, more as Mall-Chicks, with loadsa 9ct jewellery and Adidas track suits standing chewing gum with a decent chipped tooth at the front, like ALWAYS with a beat up push-chair with a younger sibling in it, that sorta thing. (",)

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 5:26 AM

Attached Link: http://www.loewscineplex.com/trailerpark/

trailer parks are usualy perment places but not just an open field that a bunch of people parked trailers in. usualy a business (but sometimes a single person) owns a piece of land. they put in electicity and water and sewage to small chunks of it, usualy also put in cement slabs and then people put mobile homes on them. once in a long while you'll find a trailer you could actualy pull behind a truck in one, but usualy the mobile homes are so big they require at least one truck to move them in. more and more it requires several trucks to move them in, in sections.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 6:25 AM

I must say eartho your people pics are always interesting to look at! Nice bunch of images....!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Misha883 ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 9:00 AM

And just for the sake of understanding Thankyou, ertho, for clarifying. People are interesting everywhere. It is good they allow you to record this colorful culture.

Lilgooser ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 12:12 PM

"I guess part of what I was trying to clarify was like, are these trailer parks just like what we would call 'caravan sites' where people just live permenantly? I'll post a pic of a caravan site for you guys to compare...." A caravan site would be, in my estimation, like an RV park here. RV park = temp. Trailer park = perm. I guess part of what I was trying to clarify was like, are these trailer parks just like what we would call 'caravan sites' where people just live permenantly? I'll post a pic of a caravan site for you guys to compare....

mysnapz ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 4:21 PM

Fantastic! What terrific slices of life aint you all glad that we are not all the same, cus we could all be like one of these great characters. Bigg Jeff goes off to ponder this:)

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. Salvador Dali

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.