Tue, Oct 22, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: v.i.p. lounge

Bongo ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 9:49 AM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 1:44 AM

anyone join the 3d cafe vip lounge? Is it worth 39.95 for the month? What file format are the models in?

Jackson ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 12:24 PM

Don't know about 3d Cafe, but 40 bucks a month seems awful high. For a lot less money you can get great, high-qualilty stuff at PoserWorld. Same goes for Poserstyle.com, but I think it's a tad higher than Poser World.

Pamola ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 12:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.turbosquid.com

.... And also Turbo Squid. They have a huge library of models and textures in all different formats (communities,) and varyiing prices. They aslo have free stuff and the membership is free.

MRBLAZE ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 12:38 PM

omg free blaze trips and starts runing over there =) woooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo

Abraham ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 2:20 PM

I used to be a member of the 3D Cafe VIP aera, I hope they improved a lot because it was really not worth the money :( J-L

Huolong ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 2:50 PM

Not worth the money ... been there done that ... free stuff still among the best.

Gordon

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 5:10 PM

I'd say that PoserWorld FairyWood and Propsguild are the best value for a subscription site - even though I don't have a propsguild membership yet. I'm avoiding TurboSquid - they don't seem to be too careful about verifying their merchants stuff.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 5:43 PM

I avoid TurboSquid also. As a developer, I don't want anything on my systems which contain stolen materials, or which might be tainted. That site has had too many problems. The best value is undoubtedly Traveler's PropsClub. Every Monday is like Christmas. He's given us hair, clothes, temples, and a truly eclectic selection of props: billboard, mechwings, treasure chest and coins, amphorae, and a turkey on a platter, among others. He takes suggestions, but otherwise it is a total surprise, and makes Mondays worth looking forward to. :) Considering how much he has given us free (all those morphs!), $25/year seems like a small price to pay in support of his site. I got a lot of wonderful stuff from PropsGuild before they went subscription: some characters, jewelry, musical instruments, and a peacock stand out in memory. If I was adding a second subscription, it would be a tough choice between them and PoserStyle. Carolly

Strangechilde ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:57 PM

I love everything Traveler does! A Poserworld subscription is very high up on my list of things to get once I leave studenthood behind forever and get myself a paying job. :) Then, of course, I'll be too busy playing with excellent models and beautiful textures to do said job... and I'll get fired... then I'll have more time to play with models! Yehah! Somebody smack me.

Peej ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 8:21 PM

VIP lounge is a waste of money, or at least it was when I joined it for a month about a year ago. A total disappointment. Peej

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 12:19 AM

So, instead of 3 months of the v.i.p. lounge, join Traveler's PropsClub (he keeps an archive on site, so you get an extra 2 months worth right off the bat) and PoserWorld. You'd get a full year's worth of goodies from 2 sites for the same money. Seems like a better deal to me. :) Carolly

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 12:27 AM

And optimised poser stuff with truly great tech support. Steve and Rena are faboo :) I havn't scoped out PoserGuild since they went subscription - stuff still as good as before? do they still have all the old stuff up for DL?

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 12:18 PM

The three that I suggest are: Poser World Traveler's Prop Club Poser Style You'll get a LOT of high quality stuff from them. As with any subscription site, you'll get a bunch of stuff that you don't particularly want, but you'll get more than you money's worth of stuff you need, and you may find use for the other items later on. I suspect that the Poser Guild is quite worthwhile, but I haven't joined up yet so I can't personally recommend them. Can someone who has joined please write in? Thanks!

leather-guy ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 1:31 PM

Mecom4D has a subscription area as well as their free downloads, reasonably priced, and a steady stream of excellent props along with some great textures. I joined the old RenderoCity/Poser4U site and Catherina was kind enough to carry my membership over when it converted to Mecom4D. They're undergoing some reorganization and a namechange just now. I expect it will be sorted out shortly. I'm also a Happy, happy member of PWFW, and Traveler's Props Club. I plan on joining Poser Style by years end as well. Haven't had a chance to look at 3DCafe or Propsguild since they went subscription. Turbosquid has never seemed to catch on to what the Poser Community is all about. They seem more geared to "You got something to sell? Price/features/legality/format are up to you as long as we get a cut." (nothing wrong with just being a broker, but I've become accustomed to a higher standard of accountability and involvment from sites like Renderosity, BBAY, RDNA, and many other Poser-oriented sources).

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 3:24 PM

Speaking of Traveler's PropsClub... today is Monday. :) I just downloaded a lovely set of applegreen luna moth wings. (His early morning visitor obligingly posed for him.) Carolly

Greebo ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 5:30 PM

Could someone post a link to Travellers? Can't seem to find it.

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 6:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.morphworld30.com

Here's Morphworld's site. Click on Club at the top right.

Greebo ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 3:00 AM

Thanks crescent.

Silvermermaid ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 3:45 AM

I think I am going to get my props signed by Traveler, LOL. I think he should have a Fan Club or something, he is awesome!! I also am thinking about PoserStyle, they seem like another awesome club too, with beautiful items, they even are giving away quality freebies. ^_^

Hisminky ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 4:28 PM

Poserworld rocks. I've gotten more than my money's worth, even if I can't use 2/3s of the stuff. Mec4d? There are no words. I can't speak for anyone else, but I sincerely feel that I was ripped off.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.