Sat, Sep 21, 1:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: "add to selection" plugin wanted

hendrikm ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 7:21 AM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 8:15 AM

Well, since years Im looking for a special plugin. I use the magic wand tool a lot, but you always end up with some pixels, that are enclosed by your selection, but dont belong to the selection (like the dust you always have somewhere on your scanned pictures). Is there any plugin, which adds all areas beyond a certain size to a selection ?

Rustbucket ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 8:41 AM

Do you mean just selecting a few more pixels out from the selection? If so, you can do that under the selection menu to the 'expand' option. From there you can choose how many more pixels out from the current selection you want to select. The same is true for 'contract'. Does the same thing, just reverse :) If this isn't what you meant, then uh, just ignore me :)

dreamer101 ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 8:58 AM

Might suggest you use the Filter - Noise - Dust & Scratches when you get those nasty little specks. There are so many ways to make a selection and even more to modify a selection. The magic wand tool is ok to start with assuming you have adjusted the tolerance, anti-aliased (on/off), and contiguous (on/off). While in the magic wand settings you can use the add, subtract or intersect to adjust selection. If it's only a few little spots you need to add or remove, you can jump to "edit in quick mask mode", paint in black to subtract from selection or switch to white to add to selection. When you jump back to "edit in standard mode" you have your adjusted selection. There are other ways depending on how much needs to be adjusted.

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 9:30 AM

Dreamer's right "...There are so many ways to make a selection and even more to modify a selection..." that i prefer to do things by hand. The magic wand is nice and it would be cool to have a plugin to do the work, but any time its a "point and click" fix, you wind up doing most the work anyway. I use the "quick mask" method myself alot. Give it a try and see if it'll do what you need. retrocity

mpalash ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 11:42 PM

try using...extensis mask pro.....one of the best selection or masking plugins i've ever used.....worth every bit of what they make you pay for it.....:-)

hendrikm ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2002 at 11:46 AM

Thanks a lot, extensis mask pro, maybe I should check this out...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.