Fri, Sep 20, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Dark Corner's latest texture WIP - and a little contest ;)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 10:35 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:26 AM

file_10250.jpg

hay folks... this is our latest texture - currently shown on my eda morph from my girl next door pack. the texture will come packaged with a very unique, sexy little character - but im not going to post her just yet, shes still undergoing some tweaking.

all i have left to do on her is some work on the body texture and a few minor little details on the head. then its off to kiera for her to work her make-up magic and create some stunning alternate looks. right now youre looking at the raw base texture without any makeup. ive also made a new eyelash transparency map thats far more realistic.

so heres my little unofficial contest:

come up with a name for her.
her skin you can see, and as for her physique - shell be an itsy-bitsy little thing. something cute, and pronounceable would be nice ;) ('phaedrylostheneliana' isnt pronounceable :).
anything goes - ill pick the best name from the suggestions, and the person who suggested it will receive a free copy of the product, which should hit the marketplace hopefully within a week.

[theres no postwork in this render, its just a quickie from my workspace in poser as i was checking seams. the body tex isnt loaded yet, thats why it doesnt match :)]

cheers,
-blackhearted of dark corner

jeweldragon ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 10:42 PM

WOW you always leave me so speechless with your work

ColCasey ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 10:44 PM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 10:48 PM

Piccolo Small in Italian

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 10:49 PM

Sorry, Black. I meant to say also she's beautiful. Got to thinking about a name and forgot ~s~

lalverson ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 11:06 PM

Very cool

jeweldragon ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 11:09 PM

btw mabey the name Tatianna? or jasmine?

Solar384 ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 11:24 PM

Wow! The eyebrows and lips are unbelievable. You continue to amaze me! How about.... Carmella

Summfox ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 11:31 PM

Can we suggest more then one name? Seva, Neve, Ayla, Kiy (pronounced 'key', many alternate spellings if you want), Yasaka, Siriana (or just 'Siri'), Celcia, Meiro (me-row)... hrm, guess thats enough. :)

Entropic ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 11:37 PM

How about Yuna?

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 11:37 PM

sure, the more the merrier ;) thanks for the suggestions, folks - keep em coming... i already see a few i like... - id like to get the textures all labelled and exported from photoshop, so im setting a hesitant 'deadline' for tomorrow midnight. cheers, -gabriel

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 11:39 PM

'yuna'? lmao - nice to see someones retained their sense of humor about that whole thread, ent. heh.

Entropic ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 11:43 PM

My sense of humor is forever in place, my friend. My real suggestion will be Cera'ziel. Beautiful name, beautiful woman.

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 11:48 PM

Simple, Cute, Pronounceable... Ki Power, Beauty, and Spirit, all in two letters.

pizazz ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 11:49 PM

Some time ago there was an actress named "PIA" I think it fits your girl. She's gorgeous!!

SPIRESMEDIA ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 11:51 PM

okay, here are my suggestions: brynne, coral, vaughna, whitley, demi, edana, mizella, callista, danica keeping my fingers crossed tam ;o)

Kinouk ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:01 AM

"TEA" sounds like TAA. Can't wait tell she is ready. Hugz Joan

ShadowWind ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:04 AM

Krista, Shannen, Leela

Summfox ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:06 AM

Thought of some more... but they're crazy - just that time of night for me! Trilee, Soak, Trolley, Nutri/Netri/etc, Minic, Tain, Ficially, Avore... I could go on, but I'll stop for now.

ColCasey ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:08 AM

" KIYA "
Named after the Beloved Mother of Tutankhamun.

Kiya was a lesser ranked wife of Akhenaten, often known as 'The Favourite' and also 'Greatly Beloved Wife' - there were many representations of her at Amarna, where she is thought to have held considerable power. Kiya is thought to have been a foreign princess, known originally as Tadukhipa sent from Mitanni to be married to Amenhotep III.

Taken From http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/3404/kiya.html

BigRedKane ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:15 AM

Here's a name for ya....dunno if it's been used/suggested yet though :- Kyrie

deestilo ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:16 AM

Here's what I thought about her..... Moon, Randy, Cameron,Georgia Fox,Candice, Siew Lan, Virginia, Chloe, Liz Schultz, Gwen,Vogue, some other exotic names such as : Avid, Serene,Delfi, Dazzle, France,Mischka,Myst, Mournay, Mercedez dees (uhm.. this one is my own nick, sorry)

Summfox ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:23 AM

My mind just won't stop coming up with names from multiple mental sources. ARG! whimpers Ention (en-chee-on), Jects, Guni, Yayoi... Okay, finally slowing down here a little I think. :)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:23 AM

ok, if ANY merchant bitches about there not being enough original names after this thread, i will personally tar and feather them :) there were several posts in the merchants forum about how 'all the good names are already taken'. lol.

doerp ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:33 AM

Georgina?

Summfox ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:34 AM

I know what you mean Blackhearted. Its just stupid to say there's no "good" names. Literally in the past 20 minutes I've come up with how many names? Some of them aren't "original" but a large portion of them are. And I could probably keep going for hours. So yeah... I'll join you in that tar and feathering. Maybe I should hire myself out as some sort of character/product naming and consultation service... might make some money that way. ;)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:35 AM

heh - with a name like 'soak', i think ya better keep your day job, summ :) hehe, just kiddin, some of your names are cool. some are extremely wierd though ;)

Summfox ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:38 AM

Doh! Blackhearted you silly boy. You suggested a perfect name yourself, you just needed to trim it down. ;) "phaedrylostheneliana" Phae? Thene? Elia? Aedry? Rylo? Iana? Nelia? Henel? Naphae? Aephae? .... sighs Oh yeah, another of my own: Wilde. I promise, I'll totally shut up now.

SPIRESMEDIA ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:58 AM

shanice, faith, shirlene, bianca, marlo, simone, roberta, callie, yandra, felice, lasalle okay, i think i'm done for the night...hee hee he tam ;o) ^^^ if you like this name, and it would make me a winner...USE IT! ;o)

Larry F ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 1:02 AM

That's just beautiful. Like all your work. I think she's none other than Voequillia (Voe-kqill-iya)! Whatever, lovely. Larry F (And yes, I know not one, but two Voequillias. Of course, one is named after the other.)

Larry F ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 1:04 AM

Oops, make that spelling VoeQuillia!

mada ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 1:28 AM

Zelda, Rhoz, Lily, Shani :)

...faith, trust and pixiedust

Valandar ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 1:40 AM

Hrms... First, outstanding work. Second... why not name her Kiera? ((runs and hides))

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Kinouk ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 2:05 AM

file_10251.jpg

How it looks...

kayjay97 ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 4:03 AM

Another beauty Blackhearted!! My name is Casidi Rose!

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

Eowyn ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 5:05 AM

Hm. It's difficult to come up with something original, so I'm about to suggest some names from my own country... :P Jonna Tanja (pronounced the same as Tanya, I think) Elina or Elise Juliaana Henna Marita Aura Lea Milla Viola Irina There you go :)

ivyroses ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 5:57 AM

Rini Taryn Valeah Mina Jeyda Darbi Torin Darianna

Xena ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 6:57 AM

Lace Krista Aurora Tinga Max Tyna Wianda Rhianne Wiona Briannah Bobby-Jo Raye Bardot

pendarian ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 10:22 AM

Okay, I'll try a few..... Talia Sylvia Sehlia (soft mistress in elven) Shanae (sun whisper in elven) Callie Sassy Rhianna Rosaland Joline Lenore Ione Jacquiline Deborah Ozella Janay Some common, some not :) Good luck on your search, naming is a tough thing to do. I have trouble naming the characters in my stories :) Pendy

rasputina ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 10:30 AM

Gorgeous brows, how about Vyvian or Sophie.

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 10:39 AM

Wow what a beauty. Ok I am usre this has no chance (or someone beat me too it and I overlooked it lol) but all that comes to mind when I see her is the name, Vixen.

angielyn ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 11:20 AM

ok, told you I would tell ya mine... well here they are....

Payeton
Lexus
Sadie
Sydney
Layla
Lina/Leena
Kali

and well now I'm lost, can't think anymore. lol

CarolineG ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 11:48 AM

How about Petitia? Would fit her shape very well S Great job! Caro

rain ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:12 PM

Aritzia.....Ardene.....I was at the Mall yesterday ;-)

graphik ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 1:11 PM

Great job! Throws in some suggestions: Halo Bri Teleri

bknoh ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 2:19 PM

How about Tacy, Julianne, Macy, Jill, Tilly or Summer? She is just lovely!

Odyssey ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 4:02 PM

Hello everyone :o) I usually don't post much but when I saw her, I instantly thought of the name 'Chanelle' She is very lovely :o) Elaine

ironhart ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 4:04 PM

Personally I don't know why nobody uses names like : Susan Kate Katie Kathleen Katherine Mary Julie Diane Doris Dawn Cindy Sherry Shiela Margret Ann Beverly Bonnie Cathy Cheryl Ellyn Fay Francis Gilda Genny Ginny Ginger Jenny Helen Hillary Ileene Joan Janice Karley Karren Laura Lynn Linda Louise Lana Lois Nancy Nastia Opal Paulette Pauline Polly Rena Rose Roxanne Sarah Stevie Sorcha Zoey getting tired but for a unique and maybe different name I like Saraphina or Sarafina Ironhart

Chailynne ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 5:10 PM

What about simply... Jaz? Or Lacey or Tei?

rasputina ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 5:38 PM

how about Tai

SWAM ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 5:44 PM

Name her NASIRA - it is greec and means "Helper" but I love the sound of it. Speak it and you know what I mean.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.