Wed, Oct 9, 10:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 9:36 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Blood morph model

theuberdude ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 12:22 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 6:45 PM

hi all, can anybody create a blood morphs i.e kind of like what you would see in a comic book or a samurai movie... I know I could probably photoshop it in but having a well done prop would be really cool, can everybody pass the word.....

cloudedInMystery ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 4:26 PM

This is a forum to discuss modeling methods and modeling in general, so go get a modeling program (some free ones out there) and make it on your own. You can post a w.i.p. for some pointers or help, if needed.

The 4th Party ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 7:03 PM

hmmm, can you post a pic of what you mean? it might be interesting to get input of how something like that might be modeled, which does fall into the guidelines of this forum

kitk ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 11:55 PM

I too am looking for a blood effect/model. Has anyone posted one or commented much on it? I know they are out there, but have not located a good blood effect yet.

taliahad ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 1:11 AM

Attached Link: http://www.virtualtoybox3d.com

So strange, I was JUST wondering about this very thing. I don't know how yet, since I am just beginning with MAT files and subdivision surfaces(?) in Poser4wProPack, but it seems that if one can animate textures in Propack, and if combining that with MAT and Subdiv Surfaces, it could work. I'm just theorising, or rather 'thinking out loud' based on what I know. Another idea that occured to me is using one of the Poser primitives, like the one-sided square, and animating a texture of blood dripping. Along the same lines would be morphing a transparent sphere with texture inside it, ah, but that one I just don't know. Anyway, I'm bound to keep working on it, since I started thinking about it some time ago, and it only just a couple days ago resurfaced in the stuff I'm doing now, so if anyone else has an idea whether that may work, or wants to help move something in that direction, that would be coool. I use Cararra1 mostly to model with, and love it. It is surprising me all the time with how much power it has hidden within it. It also has a particle generator of sorts, but in THAT program, I was thinking of experimenting with the meta-balls to simulate globs, or drops of various shapes that could grow, drip, or even, like liquid, flow. By the way, I modeled my first product for sale EVER! and it's in the Marketplace---the 6 piece drumset. That was a LOT of fun to model and texture. So if anyone is inspired or triggered along this train of thought....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.