Sun, Sep 22, 6:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: trouble installing photoshop 7 in windows xp

photographex ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2002 at 11:42 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:31 AM

I have installed photoshop 7 in windows xp, but when i get ready to open it I get an error saying ....parameter is incorrect....can anyone give advice? oh yeah i did try the compatibilty thingy with no luck .someone ...please help.

dreamer101 ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 12:02 AM

I am running winxp pro corporate edition and have installed photoshop 7 without a problem. Do you have the home edition or professional edition?

retrocity ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 12:53 AM

There are a couple of things you can try...
(this one goes without saying: make sure your system meets the minimum requirements to run PS)

1.Install the latest "service packs"

1. try running PS alone

2. Recreate the "pref" file in PS (search for Prefs.psp and rename, then launch PS)

3. Verify your device drivers are compatable with XP (sometimes a scanner/TWAIN driver can crap out on you and kill the launch)

4. Check and change (if needed) the virtual memory paging file.

5. Check your fonts (because PS loads a font list at launch it can crap out there to).

try to watch the splash screen as PS launches and see where it dies on you, than post back here.

:)
good luck,
RetroCity

MephistoLV ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 9:12 AM

Try putting your Photoshop 7 cd in your cd tray and then launching it. I had the same problem. I don't know what caused it, but this is what fixed it for me. I only had to do this once. It now works fine. Hope this works for you.

Usurer ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 1:58 PM

I had a helluva time getting mine to work. I just got busy doing
other stuff and came back to it about a month later and then..
doing the same things i did before when it wasn't installing, it
installed! >_

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.