Wed, Sep 18, 11:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Created a Mechanical Pencil out of Bryce let me know what you think

Vile ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 5:48 PM · edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 4:47 AM

file_11602.jpg

I have always thought mechanical pencils were cool. Bryce is actually fun to model in. And not to difficult either!

zarth ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 6:09 PM

You did this in Bryce? Looks like a photo. Well done.

Vile ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 6:21 PM

100% except for the text lable done with PSP took about 45 minutes to make and 2.5 hours to render. LOL

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 6:40 PM

Excellent, excellent modeling/work/render! AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 7:43 PM

Highly professional.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

johnpenn ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 11:46 PM

well done. I dare say it looks perfect.

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 2:05 AM

Great. good job.

Pontigary ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 5:40 AM

stunning! the textures are perfect.won't say that it's mere Bryce work! imho sometimes modeling seems to be easier in other apps. though it's my personal lack of experience in Bryce modeling...

vasquez ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 6:18 AM

great great great job

tradivoro ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 10:05 AM

Precision modeling is a lot easier in other applications and it's very difficult in Bryce.. To do this in Bryce is really amazing work!! :)

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 12:35 PM

Beautiful. Looks like a real pencil. Where did you find the texture for the grip?

-- erlik

max- ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 2:16 PM

it's amazing what one can do with bryce, huh. :)

"An Example is worth Ten Thousand Words"

lore ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 2:36 PM

WOW! amazing...its hard for me to concieve how something like that is even done! simply amazing, great job.

ariannah ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 6:36 PM

Awesome model and render - great use of the different textures too! :-)

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 5:38 PM

nu-be: I completely missed that one.

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 2:03 AM

Bikermouse, I got it. LOL, funny Nu-Be! it is a well textured pencil though.

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 9:54 AM

OK, now export it as an obj file ... Modelling in Bryce is a bit like making fake B&W photos with a typewriter. If you're skilled enough, you can do an amazing job (which this pencil is), but why make things hard for yourself? Why not use a real modeller?

ariannah ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 11:23 AM

Maybe just to test the limits of Bryce and see how far one can push the envelope? ;-)

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

max- ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 11:57 AM

actually Bryce has some excellent ways to model objects even better than other programs. Booleans are excellent and accurate, and you can reposition and duplicate your 'holes' at any time. One touch Viewing and zooming of active objects from any direction are superb. The memory dots are a life saver. Even the render engine is excellent. Now if it had a spline and nurbs modeler with beveling, it would be the most productive 3D program out there.

PS. I've tested many hi-end 3D programs last month and in my technical opinion they all suck. They may be powerful but the're put together in a brainless fashion.

"An Example is worth Ten Thousand Words"

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 9:53 AM

Too right. Bryce is a remarkable example of a carefully-thought out interface, compared to, say, Poser, which apes the Bryce style but with no understanding.

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 10:03 AM

It would be nice if bryce,poser and carrea were all one app wouldn't it?

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 4:58 AM

Yes, but I suspect it would be far too cumbersome. It's like trying to put a spreadsheet program into a word processor. Better to have two good programs and transfer data between them than to have one monstrosity.

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 3:50 PM

Congratulations Vile on a job above and beyond the call of duty. Once again you have found a way to do the impossable. Personally I wouldn't try this but . . . here's the ultimate challenge for you all. using only machine language and a knowledge of plane geometry, create a mesh form equal to or better than that of Daz Vicky. DISCLAIMER: The above "challenge" is neither practical nor applicable to the thread, but the idea was squirming around in my head looking for a way out ever since I heard about a fictional tribe who in order to prove their manhood had to create a video game completely in assembler. An odd offtopic thought I admit. Having finally escaped my brain, may it find a home elsewhere or rest in peace. Message671410.jpg - "Man's gotta know his limitations"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.