Fri, Sep 20, 4:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: The creative process

amulet ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 1:13 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 2:46 PM

The steps we take in creating art is diffent for each of us. I have a friend who can only work in quiet surroundings with classical music softly playing in the background. I usually have a Coke (or beer in the evenings) at hand, plug in the headphones and listen to rock and roll (anything from the 50's to Whitesnake and ZZ Top) in both French and English - loudly. What kind of environment do you all work in? What gets your creativity flowing? Amulet

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 9:06 PM

Uh... I'm a Calico,Hienze 57..hope I spelled callico correctly..

BlueRose ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 5:12 AM

For me its something to drink, usually coke, something to snack on, either lollies or bikkies and music of choice for the last little while is the sound track to Queen of the Damned. I also like Karma by Delerium, Book of Secrets by Loreena McKennit, and various other mixed compilations I can sing to without thinking about the words. With Headphones on so I can listen really loud, and sing really tunelessly so I dont hear myself LOL Oh and I like to turn the main light off and turn my reading halogen light around to it backlights me, i can see my shadow on the bedroom wall while im boogying to the music while im rendering :) Almost always prefer to work at night to get something creative done, im a 'moderate owl' not by choice but by lifestyle, if I had a choice I would be an 'extreme owl'

amulet ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 10:09 AM

Sounds like me - I prefer to work at night as well. Helps me think.

SAH ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 3:26 PM

I do my best work after midnight-- I sit with the lights off, the tv in the background with no sound, listening to (mostly) Tangerine Dream with headphones, and my cat is usually sitting in front of my monitor either wanting to be fed or petted.

So the common elements that may be emerging are:

--Semi-lit environment
--Evening or night
--Music (with headphones)
--Solitude

Micheleh ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 8:27 PM

Same here. Peace, quiet, mood music, and no interruptions. I like to work at night, too.

firefly ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 8:53 PM

...smiles... same here too. I love the night, lights are always dim and music is going. My daughter is asleep :) I even see some commonalities in music. I tend to listen to Delirium, Enigma, Loreena McKennit, Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, Led Zepplin..... well, you get the idea. :) I also burn incense.

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 11:08 PM

I like the night to.. I get a rush when 1:00am rolls around with nothing but work to do...I use ge florescent sky light. or I hybernate..and switch to getting up around 5:00am All stretched out with tha song birds singing..."if I didn't have florescent light, I would hybernate/rotate.."

abmlober ( ) posted Tue, 11 June 2002 at 4:25 AM

I normally start when the children are in bed and my wife and I start our hobby work. That's normally in the evening. Sometimes I finish my images in the morning, but seldom. Other times: when I'm alone at home. That sometimes happens in the weekends. Music is not necessary, neither silence, only a good mood. Aggressions keep me away from doing good work.

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

amulet ( ) posted Tue, 11 June 2002 at 11:48 AM

I have worked when I've had a bad, stressful day. Perhaps it's just that I'm focusing my attention on something else, or the magic of the fractals, but it does help me relax.

dreampaint ( ) posted Tue, 11 June 2002 at 11:37 PM

Hi to all fractaliser friends :) For the creation of my pict i don't drink but in the past I smoke a lot (I stop since 2 years :) and not only cigarette :) For the music I heard essentially Chill Out trance techno ambient music of Spirit Zone record (Gabriel le mar,electric universe, patchwork, astralasia, etc...) for the fractal creation. For Vue d'exprit and poser I heard Hard core punk rock music (bad religion, ramones,bouncing souls etc...), two opposite music for two different style. The night is sure the better moment to creation, with some incens (santal wood or lotus) burning near me. A soft light and lets go :)

firefly ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 5:52 AM

Dreampaint, it's Sandalwood here too, or patchoulie :)

BlueRose ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 6:06 AM

I like a combo - 2 drops Sandalwood and 2 drop Ylang Ylang

dreampaint ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 11:09 AM

Amber and Aphrodisiac is good tioo, try it :))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.