Fri, Sep 20, 11:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: unwanted poser smoothing FIX

mbaucco ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2000 at 7:59 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:49 PM

Hello, I have found a way to export objects from RDS5.5 into Poser without them getting all melty looking. You need RDS5.5, Poser and UVmapper(this may work for the mac version too, I dunno).Here is what I did: 1. Make the object in RDS5. I used Primitives and the 3d Boolean to make a space helmet, but I don't think it matters. 2. Export to 3ds format. I checked "geometry only" and turned the triangulation all the way up. 3. In Poser, import the object (I unchecked all options) and mess with it until you have it the way you want. 4. Export it as an *.obj file from within Poser. 5. Open it in UVmapper, and make a new texture map. Then, save the object using the default settings, and save the map. 6. Import the new object into Poser, unchecking all settings. You will get a sharp-edged model with no missing facets, and a UVmap that works! I am going to fiddle with this some more, but it has worked on two very complex objects so far. Please let me know what you discover, or if this doesn't work. Thanks, Matt Baucco

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2000 at 8:57 AM

Matt, Very cool. Thanks for sharing the information with the forum! Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.