Thu, Oct 3, 1:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Anybody else having a problem with slowness in the galleries?

rockets ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 9:27 AM Ā· edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:24 AM

I've got a cable connection, but it's taking 2+ minutes (no exaggeration) for images to load in the gallery. Is anyone else having this problem?

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

Jaqui ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 10:36 AM

rockets, I'm on a cable modem and only took me 30 seconds to grab the first page of the galleries, (what's new all galleries) but that is just the thumbs.

Jaqui ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 10:38 AM

31.2 seconds to bring up a full image.

rockets ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 10:59 AM

Thanks Jaqui, it must be me than. :-(

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 11:16 AM

nope I just noticed a bit of slowdown as well, maybe it's a geographical thing, I'm in the UK and everything takes forever over here. Rob

Valandar ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 12:18 PM

No, it's a Renderosity thing... the servers here are notoriously slow.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Valandar ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 12:31 PM

Heppens a lot around here, especially during the peak hours. The problem is that the membership of the site has grown faster than the support side - specifically, the bandwidth and coding for the pages.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 12:51 PM

Took me over 10 mins to upload a jpg of less than 300kb to the gallery. I know I am on dialup, and in a bad area of the UK, I mostly check the galleries out now early mornings UK time. Like about 6-30am. Its the only time I can get anywhere.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

reddog ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 1:35 PM

never got great speed. used to keek page size to 24+ and that did help loads but now it is caped at 18 and it makes it even slower.

thgeisel ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 1:47 PM

It was very slow on fridayand saturday,sunday was ok,but now the galleries slow down again.The forum seem to run normal.

smerc ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 4:35 PM

The forum was running very slow for me, but today it seems fine. The gallery is always slow for me :) -dialup-

Jaqui ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 9:28 PM

rosity is almost as fast as sourceforge for me. and sourceforge is a compiled server, not a script. yes, Renderosity could have this fast app for the site..at around 100,000.00 per year for licensing. the company that makes it sells use of server from thier office. not the ware itself. don't see that change ever happening. ~g~ btw, sourceforge shows how many page hits a project has gotten over the last week...around an average of 100,000 page views a day on the site. usually also downloading files from the server. or was it higher for the views..gotta go back and check the ad I got about mirroring thier server....

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 10:06 PM

One of the reasons I don't go into the galleries is because of the loading time. Today has been agony just reading the Forum messages. When it takes more than 5 minutes to load a short thread with no pictures... on a dsl line... you know that the Forum is over-taxed. There were fewer than 1100 people here. Carolly

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 10:43 PM

Used to be painfully slow and full of errors until they revamped the site to this teal color. Was lightening fast right after that, but I agree, it is slowing again. I see about the same number of surfers online, maybe a few more, but not a huge amount more.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.