Sat, Sep 21, 1:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hide Channel (another question)

sulian ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 8:33 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:44 AM

I'm currently working in a morph for vChangingFantasySuit (by Anton Kisiel) and i have a big problem : When i want to hide a channel, i use the parameter 'Hidden 1' in my CR2 but when i load the clothe, the morph is not hide. I think that is a problem with the multi-geometry of the model. If someone have a solution. Sulian

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 5:37 PM

heyas; for some reason, the hide thing in morph channels doesn't work. it doesn't work for any morphs. sorry :/

Ajax ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 6:48 PM

As Bloodsong says, you can't hide morphs by setting Hidden 1 in a cr2. However, I believe you can hide them using a pose. You have to apply the pose after loading the figure into the workspace. The dial won't stay hidden when you save the figure back to the library so you have to use the pose every time.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

sulian ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 12:56 AM

OK, i understand, thanks.

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 11:28 AM

file_12265.jpg

Here is the script for hiding body parts from a pose file.

Ajax ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 4:00 PM

Yep, that'll hide body parts. It's morphs we're trying to hide here though ;-) I haven't looked into it but I think it's done with a conventional pose structure and by changing hidden 0 to hidden 1. It seems to get reset when Poser loads the figure, so by using a pose you adjust it after loading and your change won't get wiped until you save the figure again. I could be talking through my hat though, because I really haven't looked into it. I'm just guessing.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 6:38 PM

Doh! sory for the confusion I've not had much sleep in the last few days, my brain has obviously turned to mush. This is the script for hiding MORPH CHANNEL DIALS. I will try and post a pretty graphic version after I get some sleep.
{
version
{
number 3.0
}
actor head:1
{
channels
{
targetGeom RoundFace
{
hidden 1
}
targetGeom LongFace
{
hidden 1
}
}
}
}

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 7:00 PM

file_12266.jpg

OK, so perhaps I won't sleep first. Hope I got this right right, like I said haven't slept in a long time.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.