Thu, Sep 19, 11:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Lighthouse WIP

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 10:07 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

file_13000.jpg

Here's the latest update of the pic - it uses a lot of anything grows in C1. It's WIP and will be until anything grows comes out for C2. thanks for your help guys

litst ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 10:23 AM

Wow, ou have done some great job since the last time =) The depth on the barrier add a lot and the seagulls are very nice . Have you tried to render the scene with GI in CS2 (without the grass of course) ? It would add a lot more realism, even if it would make the picture less graphical . litst

Kixum ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 11:02 AM

Very nice! The grass with the flowers is very impressive. I think the only thing about it that irks me is the water. -Kix

-Kix

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 11:12 AM

Yeah - the texture repeats too much - gotta work on that.

ewinemiller ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 11:14 AM

Wow Harbringer, spectacular work in progress, spectacular for a done project! Please submit it to the DCG user gallery when you are done. Thanks, Eric Winemiller Digital Carvers Guild Freeware and commercial 3D extensions

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara and LightWave plug-ins

rbjensen ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 1:26 PM

This is gorgeous! As with Kix, it is just the water that looks odd. Would love to see it rendered with GI.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 2:45 PM

Sweet!

willf ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 11:48 PM

Excellent work.

TOXE ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 4:02 AM

Cool!

Kryoclasm ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 10:30 PM

At first I thousght, "What! who is this guy posting photos here?" Until I saw the water. :) Very good!

pixelicious ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 6:21 PM

file_13001.jpg

wow, this has improved alot since last time.

since it is a work in progress, i have a few suggestions to make. the horizon lines up with the top of the fence. this causes the image to flatten a bit. try give it some overlap. that will make a big difference. also, dark sides of the objects seem too dark for the amount of ambient light that the atmosphere would be diffusing.

particularily on the lighthouse. if you look at cylinders with matte surfaces, they look more like the image that i've attached. if you used a fill light to soften the harshness of the shadows, it would better simulate ambient lighting.

these are nit-picky suggestions. on the whole, it is really looking good.

-pix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.