Mon, Sep 23, 4:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: DAZ's gorilla.....not accessable

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 5:33 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 4:22 PM

I have been trying for 3 days to get the gorilla, can't get it to download, it comes to the page that says I will get it, but then there are no link buttons to click to get it to download? Any suggestions? Sharen

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 5:37 AM

I was having problems getting to the checkout, but DanFarr posted a message to say change to 128bit encryption, and now no problems. Just a thought.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 5:40 AM

I had troubles with the gorilla the other day. I emailed DAZ tech support (I think the link was on the purchase page). I tried again, and immediately got the gorilla. I chuckled because I thought some tech was working late. The next morning Reba sent me an email with a "custom link" to download. I thanked her and said I already received it. If you have problems, don't wait 3 days. Email DAZ.

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 6:18 AM

Sharen - Have you tried checking your Login->OrderHistory there? I read someone else with the same problem got it there.

Irish ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 6:31 AM

I had the same problem Sharen and the emails that came immediately when I ordered which ususally give a link, didn't have one either! I e-mailed Daz and Reba sent me a custom link quite quickly. Hope you can get it soon! :) Irene

billy-home ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 6:39 AM

Sharen, I managed to d/l the gorilla by going to the checkout after adding the model to the shopping cart

Aureeanna ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 7:33 AM

I got it after turning off Zone-Alarm.....

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 7:40 AM

I will try all your suggestions.....I am off....Sharen

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 8:14 AM

Did I miss something? I thought it was only released yesterday. Melanie

rockets ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 8:32 AM

You have to checkout just like you were purchasing him. I had the same problem yesterday until I remembered the checkout button. (at the top)

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 8:59 AM

I just went in to get it and went straight through to the final checkout screen, but, as it does about every other time I buy something there, it didn't give me the download link. So now, I have to wait for the e-mail with the download link before I can get it. Usually, I'll get the download link in the last screen of the transaction. It seems to pick and choose whether to let you download it directly from the site or to wait for the download e-mail. Weird. So, I'm waiting now for the download link. Melanie

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 9:27 AM

You might try disabling your firewall and antivirus program if you use them. Sometimes that makes a difference for me. DAZ seems a bit slow today. I'm trying to download Questor's weapons from the Free Stuff Archive. (He's redone all them, and made them "Poser Ready!") I think sometimes DAZ just gets hits with lots of people who want to download. Hey, it happens when they come up with a popular special or freebie!

Robert Kopp ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 9:39 AM

I,ve had the same problem until I used the link to reactivate the download (after 5 minutes downloadlink). Use the link in your confirmation mail. That works for me. Robert

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 11:10 AM

Still waiting for my download link to arrive................ Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 11:12 AM

Robert, it's my confirmation mail that hasn't arrived yet. Phooey! This only happens once in a while. I usually get the download link right in the last page of the purchase transaction and I don't have to wait for the e-mail confirmation. I've received two e-mails about it, both just a receipt type thing, but neither has the download info in it. That should be the third e-mail (for some reason, I always get 3), but it's still out there in cybervoid somewhere. Melanie

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 12:18 PM

Both the V1Lo and now Gorilla failed to show a link on the invoice page when I "bought" them, and the V1Lo didn't have a link in the email either. In both cases I got there by signing in (bottom of the left hand bar at DAZ) and then going to order history (same place once you're in) though in the V1 case I had two invoices, and of course the first was nbg. Click on the Invoice number at the left to get to a fresh version of your invoice page which should have a link in the usual manner.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 12:41 PM

Okay, it worked, I went to the site, put it in my shopping cart and went to checkout and there it was, thank you so much to all that helped me and all your quick responses. Sharen I am impressed!!!

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 4:14 PM

file_13489.jpg

Now you can have fun like the rest of us.

Lovely Lady ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 4:24 PM

When I went to get it, I filled out my shopping cart..no account there, clicked, and the page never changed, but I got 4 emails from Daz immediately. One had the link to download, but I had to wait until late last night as I suspect the server was busy.

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 8:43 PM

RHaseltine, thanks for reminding me. I'd completely forgotten about that. I'm still waiting for the link, but no-show. I'll hop over there and get it. Melanie

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2002 at 3:57 AM

Got 'm. thanks for the reminder.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.